+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the game again now

Re: Watching the game again now

Arter's was a professional foul, which unless he's the last man, is usually a booking. Kenedy's was violent conduct off the ball and is a straight red.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Arter's foul was not the same. Arter's was a trip, shin to shin contact, not dangerous but a definite yellow.
    I have watched five ex-professionals analyse this incident over the weekend - Danny Gabbidon, Craig Bellamy and Jamie Carragher straight after the match and Gary Lineker and Ian Wright on Match of the Day. All five were certain, without hesitation, that Arter should have been sent off. And there's a reason for that.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have watched five ex-professionals analyse this incident over the weekend - Danny Gabbidon, Craig Bellamy and Jamie Carragher straight after the match and Gary Lineker and Ian Wright on Match of the Day. All five were certain, without hesitation, that Arter should have been sent off. And there's a reason for that.....
    That's nice. I don't agree with them.

That's nice. I don't agree with them.
    That's nice. Tomm knows best.

......all five have a deep-rooted and psychotic hatred of all-things Cardiff City FC - for which they should seek immediate professional help?

That's nice. Tomm knows best.

I'm not saying I know best, I'm just giving my thoughts. People have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ......all five have a deep-rooted and psychotic hatred of all-things Cardiff City FC - for which they should seek immediate professional help?
    Danny Gabbidon's famous for that, as is club employee Craig Bellamy.

I'm not saying I know best, I'm just giving my thoughts. People have different opinions.
    They do indeed. And those opinions are often severely affected by the club they support.

They do indeed. And those opinions are often severely affected by the club they support.
    You can think I'm one-eyed if you want, but I'm not, I just have a different opinion on what makes a tackle dangerous. Anyway, this is fast degenerating into the boring one poster whining at another shit that ruins this messageboard so I'll leave it there.

Danny Gabbidon's famous for that, as is club employee Craig Bellamy.
    I just knew you'd come round to the correct way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Watching MoTD at the moment, the front 4-6 rows of the Bob Bank are probably 40% empty.

Funny seeing Warnock, who was whinging about the PL last season, now whinging about the Championship and not missing it. Linekar said "Not a great game" (is he trolling you Mike?) .

That was my opinion too, I only watched about half an hour live on TV then decided to switch channels. Only just watching MoTD because I have a day off work.
    For a fourth time - I'm going to keep on asking until I get an answer from you;-

"So you are the person we all assume you are then? Tell me, what do you think you would have said to someone who told you in 2008 that in ten years time, you'd be doing what you do now on here when Cardiff City are playing in the Premier League, wearing blue shirts, had an owner who has converted over £70 million worth of club debt into equity over the summer and were going ahead with a new training base?"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For a fourth time - I'm going to keep on asking until I get an answer from you;-

"So you are the person we all assume you are then? Tell me, what do you think you would have said to someone who told you in 2008 that in ten years time, you'd be doing what you do now on here when Cardiff City are playing in the Premier League, wearing blue shirts, had an owner who has converted over £70 million worth of club debt into equity over the summer and were going ahead with a new training base?"
    Amen to that ,TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You watched "about half an hour" of the game and made your decision that it wasn't great?

Well done
    In fairness, I saved myself 60 minutes plus half time because most reports say it wasn't a good game. In fact, the only people I see raving about the games are on this board! As someone on the radio said "seeing Warnock celebrating a 0-0 against a 10 man Newcastle suggests a long hard season ahead". The highlights I saw suggest I missed little too - unless the BBC are trying to make Cardiff look poor? Maybe some will believe that.

Thanks, it is on subject but no doubt some see it as a trolling exercise.

Two very poor teams, I thought Newcastle would be alright this season. Now, I'm not so sure.
    I thought you might have got over your obsession with a club you no longer support. But now I'm not so sure.

In fairness, I saved myself 60 minutes plus half time because most reports say it wasn't a good game. In fact, the only people I see raving about the games are on this board! As someone on the radio said "seeing Warnock celebrating a 0-0 against a 10 man Newcastle suggests a long hard season ahead". The highlights I saw suggest I missed little too - unless the BBC are trying to make Cardiff look poor? Maybe some will believe that.
    You watched match of the day? Why was Warnock celebrating a 0-0, against a 10 man Newcastle?

Heisenberg

MotD did miss a few things actually - most notably NML blasting high and wide from the edge of the 6 yard box when he should have done anything else... and also Shelvey stopping an open goal opportunity with a last ditch slided-clearance over the bar. They were two important moments in the match that must not have been worthy of a highlights package.

Maybe do yourself a favour in the future and don't watch any of their televised games (even a whole 30mins!).

I doubt that you will find any joy in watching City play these days - unless they get trounced, possibly.

The crowd were urging Warnock to do his fist-pump at the end of the game when he went over to them. Just an end of match ritual.

He celebrated because we saved a last second penalty.

We all did.

Doesn’t mean that he or the rest of us were happy as there was a chance of 3 points there.

I’m not sure Newcastle are THAT bad. They did OK v Spurs the week before. Although prior to the season starting and after Saturday I would have expected them to be amongst the teams battling to stay up.

Notable that Bournemouth good a decent result away at West Ham too, and I thought they were fairly average against us - although marginally better than we were.

It’s early days yet though

OK, this is the FIRST time I've seen this question, and I am wondering if this is better suited for PMs - but since you are seeking something more public, I'll resist the temptation to have another thread hijacked by the usual culprits (you in this case) and PM you my response . You could have dropped me an e-mail, it's the same address that I used when I spent a good number of hours proof-reading your very fine book.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He celebrated because we saved a last second penalty.

We all did.

Doesn’t mean that he or the rest of us were happy as there was a chance of 3 points there.

I’m not sure Newcastle are THAT bad. They did OK v Spurs the week before. Although prior to the season starting and after Saturday I would have expected them to be amongst the teams battling to stay up.

Notable that Bournemouth good a decent result away at West Ham too, and I thought they were fairly average against us - although marginally better than we were.

It’s early days yet though
    I didn't see the whole game, so not sure what the celebrations were. Just pointing out that most people commenting on the game spoke about a huge lack of quality from both teams, and giving an example of one such comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    MotD did miss a few things actually - most notably NML blasting high and wide from the edge of the 6 yard box when he should have done anything else... and also Shelvey stopping an open goal opportunity with a last ditch slided-clearance over the bar. They were two important moments in the match that must not have been worthy of a highlights package.

Maybe do yourself a favour in the future and don't watch any of their televised games (even a whole 30mins!).

I doubt that you will find any joy in watching City play these days - unless they get trounced, possibly.
    I was watching on Sky - I think it was about 15 minutes into the game, and we turned off at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I thought you might have got over your obsession with a club you no longer support. But now I'm not so sure.
    I've never supported Newcastle.

OK, this is the FIRST time I've seen this question, and I am wondering if this is better suited for PMs - but since you are seeking something more public, I'll resist the temptation to have another thread hijacked by the usual culprits (you in this case) and PM you my response . You could have dropped me an e-mail, it's the same address that I used when I spent a good number of hours proof-reading your very fine book.
    That's the very reason I'm asking that question in public, I've tried to understand your motivation, but I give up.

That's the very reason I'm asking that question in public, I've tried to understand your motivation, but I give up.
    My motivation is old-fashioned. I think people should behave responsibly, and that irresponsible actions should be met with an apology. Amazingly. my motivation is not derived from on the field success, nor from big transfer fees, cup finals, and all the other jazz that football fans can't live without these days. Not sure why you are replying in this thread seeing as I have sent you a PM to avoid this thread turning into something that it didn't start off as, and to avoid another ban. But, seeing as you are intent on it being public, here was my response.

"
    For once, you have managed to condense the last 6 years into such succinctity that you have missed some crucial things with regards to recent history at the club. The very fact that you need to mention that the club is now wearing blue shirts, and indicate it as a positive thing sort of misses the point but succinctly proves the point. I have noticed you've become somewhat something of a revisionist in recent years. Nowhere, not even in your revisionist summary of a question, has anyone mentioned that Tan has still not apologised for his behaviour between 2012- (when? the appointment of Warnock?). Behaviour that resulted (regardless of the precise number) in people no longer spending money at a business he runs. It's all ok now though, the club are almost able to sell out a home Premier League game at the start of a Premier League season.

What I am doing is what I have always done on this message board (since about 1997, when crowds were shit and fans were less protective of a run-down club), whether that be as Euclid, Kaiser Jirga II or Badly ironed Shirt or (because of a webmaster who doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "trolling") Kris - give my opinions. In the past, on this very board, I was labelled a gay for speaking against people like ***** Abraham. I also received an "invitation" to see Hammam because of my opinions of his spending. I have also been labelled a "termite" by Steve Borley because (at a time when crowds were barely 3,000) he decided to make it more expensive for people who bought tickets on a match day - something that resulted in my friend boycotting the club for a long time because (with illness and no work) he was in no position to buy tickets in advance. I have received PMs from certain fans threatening all sorts (Mike always ignored these) In all of the above, I was more or less a lone voice with plenty of dissenters. Just because my current opinions are less palatable to the majority than some of my previous views, it doesn't give you the right to question my "motives" (something you have intimated in previous threads) as if these motives are any different to any other times that I have found the club's behaviour unreasonable.

I suspect that, in 2008, you wouldn't have asked that precise question would you? In the same way, I wouldn't have been able to ask you how you would react if an owner labelled you a customer and that he would happily lose one in four of you. Neither of us have an ability to look into the future.

History is usually written by the victors, of which Tan currently stands in that camp. However, I can very well remember the exact points that Tan's antics became something to protest about to the majority of fans - and if my memory starts to fail, I'll just look at the results and say "That's when Tan was seen as being a !**&!, and that's where Tan was loved and lauded by the fans".

Being in a minority is never wrong - failing to give an opinion is. Making comments (like I do) about the club (comments that I always stand by) is not trolling. I'm fully aware that this board is less about football these days, and is turning into an Echo Chamber. I am also aware that some people write things here thinking that Tan may be reading, and hoping he warms up enough to open his cheque book.

Apologies for not answering any of the three previous times, I am conscious that I am spending too much time on this board (according to some), and am a little nervous that a truthful response will see another ban for "taking the piss" from Mike the Precious and his colourful ads.

The very fact that my opinion doesn't change with the promise of Premier League football, or a cup run, or a promotion, or a £6m striker, and the fact that you think that my opinion should change is pretty much a succinct and compact way of illustrating that you don't really get it. "

To be honest that’s a bit self-indulgent for me to read in full. I scanned a couple of paragraphs though where you seem to be positioning yourself as some sort of noble dissenting voice.

In my opinion, very few of your posts come across as anything more than silly little attention-seeking or wind-up posts. That’s genuinely how I view your contributions, not because of your standpoint, but just the tone and style of your posts.