+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sending off debate Manaquillo should have gone too.

Sending off debate Manaquillo should have gone too.

My take on it all was Kennedy was a red, Hayden was a tad unlucky and Arter (who was excellent) was also fortunate. But their right back Mantaquillo was very lucky. He was already on a yellow when Murphy (also excellent) did him again. As Murphy went past he had his shirt grabbed again. Watching the highlights this morning you don't see it from the grandstand camera but it was blatant watching from the Ninian Stand. It makes me wonder what the assistant refs are there for if they don't flag for that king of infringement.

Re: Sending off debate Manaquillo should have gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    My take on it all was Kennedy was a red, Hayden was a TAD UNLUCKY !!! but it was blatant watching from the Ninian Stand. It makes me wonder what the assistant refs are there for if they don't flag for that king of infringement.
    He caught him about the knee area, of a bent leg RED ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He caught him about the knee area, of a bent leg RED ALL DAY
    Exactly. Easy red.

Was Arter a red? There have been a number of reds this season already but for challenges that are reckless, overly forceful, out if control and Arter's wasn't any of those.

The 2 Newcastle ones were definite reds. Artur, would depend on the mood the ref was in. The full back ? Well would have been harsh imho to have given him a 2nd yellow and maybe arguable that Artur could have had a 2nd yellow for a shirt pull late in the game.

And then the fat Spanish waiter still has the cheek to moan about our physical approach 😂

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Exactly. Easy red.

Was Arter a red? There have been a number of reds this season already but for challenges that are reckless, overly forceful, out if control and Arter's wasn't any of those.
    How would you describe a challenge from behind where the player gets absolutely nowhere near the ball and end ups hacking the opposition player accross the knees?

Looked like a red to me.

4 Reds nailed on, Manquillo 100% 2nd yellow, Ref bottled it.

Kenedy, Hayden & Arter all straight reds. I've watched the match back this morning. Of the 3 Haydens is the only attempt to get the ball.

Kenedy should get a retrospective ban as no action was taken.

Pundits views:

Foul one - Kennedy kick

Gabbidon: He's a very lucky boy. If the referee sees it, I think it's a straight red card. He's right there, but not looking at the incident really, and I think it might have done Newcastle a favour had he gone off because the incident summed up his incident for me.

Carragher: Kenedy should have been sent off. I cannot understand how the referee hasn't seen it, because he gives a free-kick for it. He kicks out and it's a red card. Whether the referee has followed the ball only he knows, but he gives a free-kick. I think he knows something has happened and that he's missed something.

Foul two - Hayden red card

Carragher: I think with this incident, he's just missed it and knows something's gone on. Now that is high - and it catches him on the back of the calf, referees may come on here and say that's a red card, but I think if that's given as a yellow card no-one complains or bats an eyelid.

Some people might say it's an orange, but I think it's a bit harsh. Referees may come on and say excessive force, you're endangering an opponent, that type of thing - I think that was very harsh. I think he's made a big mistake in the first one, and I think he looks at that and thinks he can't get two wrong, so if it's borderline he's going. I felt a little bit for him.

Bellamy: I can see why he's given it. It's a bit too high for me, there's some force and he's come on at half-time and given him a torrid time, he's fouled him a few times before already. From the referee's point of view, if you catch the end bit, it looks high and reckless, I can understand it being a red card.

Foul three - Arter yellow

Carragher: This might be the worst one. It absolutely has to be a red card. You can nick someone's ankles and get a yellow with a counter-attack, but he absolutely volleys him knee-height. It's worse than Kenedy's. Hayden is at least going for the ball, but that's the worst of the lot.

I don't think the referee had a good game, but that's a shocking challenge. That could really seriously hurt someone. You hear about broken legs or over the top challenges, and he's volleying his knee like it's a ball on the edge of the box.

Gabbidon: I can remember Granit Xhaka doing something similar for Arsenal in his first season at the Emirates and he got a red card for it, so talking about consistency, there's no intention to play the ball, it's cynical and for me it's a red card.

I'd have sent the lot of

We were fouled a lot. Especially in the first half. I think teams are looking to match our physical approach.

Carragher is so full of shit it's ridiculous. Arter's is a yellow for the simple reason that it's not dangerous or that forceful. Yes it looks worse in slow motion but so does every tackle. It's from the side and he's caught him shin to shin in a cynical trip. It's never a red card and that tackle isn't going to break anyone's leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The 2 Newcastle ones were definite reds. Artur, would depend on the mood the ref was in. The full back ? Well would have been harsh imho to have given him a 2nd yellow and maybe arguable that Artur could have had a 2nd yellow for a shirt pull late in the game.

And then the fat Spanish waiter still has the cheek to moan about our physical approach 😂
    Thats very disrespectful to Spanish Waiters.

"Carragher: This might be the worst one"

That's utter bollocks

Kenedy: No retrospective action for Newcastle United midfielder despite apparent kick out

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8499441.html

Well that's that then!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Kenedy: No retrospective action for Newcastle United midfielder despite apparent kick out

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8499441.html

Well that's that then!
    Not sure why anyone would think there would be retrospective action, the ref gave a freer kick, therefore the incident is dealt with.

I thought he gave the free kick for the challenge before it, not the lashing out afterwards. Can't remember!

I thought he gave the free kick for the challenge before it, not the lashing out afterwards. Can't remember!
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. He also gave no indication he was playing advantage, really poor.
    Last edited by tomm; 20-08-18 at 14:32. Reason: spelling

He did.