+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manafort Verdict

Manafort Verdict

I'll make a new thread, since this case is not connected to Trump, or Russian collusion.

Latest news, the jury are still considering their verdict for the third day.

Re: Manafort Verdict

America has a good record on jailing anyone rich or poor on fraud, this must be a complex case.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    America has a good record on jailing anyone rich or poor on fraud, this must be a complex case.
    It's an old case going back to 2005, not paying enough tax or something. Absolutely nothing to do with Trump or Russia though, so I'm not sure how it ended up as part of the Mueller investigation?

Rain stops play. The match will resume tomorrow morning on day 4.

Unlike us , and the cover up , they do believe in going for em ,however big they are :

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-10-...yd-they-do-it/

Looks like American justice has worked finally :

Former Trump campaign chairman Manafort guilty of 8 counts - guilty of 5 tax fraud charges, 1 charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and 2 counts of bank fraud.

Looks like American justice has worked finally :

Former Trump campaign chairman Manafort guilty of 8 counts - guilty of 5 tax fraud charges, 1 charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and 2 counts of bank fraud.
    Everybody knows you have to pay your taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Everybody knows you have to pay your taxes.
    Yes but it does seem over there they do go down even celebrities,business folk ,politicians, unlike here where cases collapse or injunctions are allowed , or a cover is allowed ,their justices systems can be ruthless

Yes but it does seem over there they do go down even celebrities,business folk ,politicians, unlike here where cases collapse or injunctions are allowed , or a cover is allowed ,their justices systems can be ruthless
    Really? I wouldn't say the hit rate is particularly different. We've had Jonathan Aitken, Jeffrey Archer and Chris Huhne as politicians who've gone down off the top of my head. If anything, I'd say that power in America gets you a lot more benefits than power in the UK so I'd be interested in you elaborating with examples.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really? I wouldn't say the hit rate is particularly different. We've had Jonathan Aitken, Jeffrey Archer and Chris Huhne as politicians who've gone down off the top of my head. If anything, I'd say that power in America gets you a lot more benefits than power in the UK so I'd be interested in you elaborating with examples.
    See my post and link in previous post above .

It's all leverage at the end of the day, to be used against those who don't play ball

See my post and link in previous post above .
    There was no comparison with the UK in that link. Business people get done for fraud etc here too. Just as in America, I'm quite sure more get away with it.

There was no comparison with the UK in that link. Business people get done for fraud etc here too. Just as in America, I'm quite sure more get away with it.
    The American ones were all CEO's

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/ente...t-time-prison/