+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Please use the season long thread for score predictions.

Saturday 3:00pm.

Anything else can go in this thread and we'll keep it open though the game. See if one big thread is better, It was hard work sticking, unsticking and merging threads on my mobile last weekend.

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Please use the season long thread for score predictions.

Saturday 3:00pm.

Anything else can go in this thread and we'll keep it open though the game. See if one big thread is better, It was hard work sticking, unsticking and merging threads on my mobile last weekend.
    Going up for the weekend, bank holiday, why not! Anyone else hitting the heights of Yorkshire for a few days?

Feels like a MASSIVE game. A win would do wonders. A loss would be painful considering the next three PL games.

Michael Oliver, who officiated the Crystal Palace v Liverpool game last night, will be the referee for Huddersfield v Cardiff City this Saturday, 3:00pm.

Oliver is considered to be one of the best referee's in the Premier League today.

Referee: Michael Oliver
    Assistants: Simon Bennett, Stuart Burt
    Fourth official: Oliver Langford

On the opening weekend of the season he was in charge of Arsenal v Man City.

C:WindowsTempphp5D89.tmp

Last season the Northumberland official was the referee for just one Cardiff game, the 1 - 1 draw at Bramall Lane against Sheffield United.

During the season he send off seven players in 43 games and issued 151 yellow cards. It was an eventful season in other ways as well.

You my remember that Michael Oliver referee'd the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Man Utd and one of the red cards issued was to Gianluigi Buffon in the Champions League.

His first recorded Cardiff City game was a 3 - 1 defeat for the Bluebirds at Hillsbrough in 2009, later that season he was in charge of City's 1 - 0 win over Q.P.R. at Loftus Rd.

Over the years he's mostly referee'd City away games with wins for the Bluebirds against Sheff Utd, Leeds and Bristol City and twice in the Premier League in 2013 / 14 City drew away when he was in charge at Stoke and W.B.A.

Hudders are no doubt thinking the same. Definitely an early season 6 pointer.

Michael Oliver match ref

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Michael Oliver match ref
    How did you find that out?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Exactly, it's lost in here

Who's reffing?

Michael Oliver match ref
    He's very pretty.

Hudders are no doubt thinking the same. Definitely an early season 6 pointer.
    We have to score at least .

4 points from 3 would be a nice start ,with a home banker agaisnt the Gooners, to follow .

Fourth official is Oliver Langford

From Warnocks press conference it sounds like we are going with Zohore up front with Reid behind him. Warnock named a few players that need to improve: Zohore hitting the target, Etheridge with distribution and reiterated that Murphy needs to learn to defend for the team.

Gunnar is a week away from being ready but will be rested until after the break.

So if Reid and Zohore play through the middle, who misses out from last week? Change of formation or will Murphy sit this one out? I seem to remember Warnock saying that he only trusts Murphy at home at the moment.

City need to go for broke in this game. No cagey stuff but full blown offensive play.

Reid ahead of Hoilett for me otherwise same starting X1.

Season defining game tomorrow.

Huddersfield will undoubtedly feel this is their big chance to get some points after 2 impossible opening games; so should City.

Huddersfield have slashed prices for home fans to £10. Are they going to sell out the home end too?

My second trip to this ground (0-0 draw in our last promotion season the other), will be nice to see it a lot more full this time, and hopefully see us get on the score sheet (and win). C'mon the boys I've got a good feeling about this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    My second trip to this ground (0-0 draw in our last promotion season the other), will be nice to see it a lot more full this time, and hopefully see us get on the score sheet (and win). C'mon the boys I've got a good feeling about this one!
    We all have, unfortunately

She must be getting on now.

One way or the other, I think we're going to have a very good idea of what kind of season it's going to be after this game.

Don't put to much on it.
    What ever happens today is not going to define our season.
    Last time I went there we lost 4-0 and still got promoted.
    God I feel old.��

Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City
    Kirklees Stadium
    Saturday 25th August 2018, ko 3:00pm.

Early team news:

Cardiff are again without Aron Gunnarsson, who is making progress after a knee injury and he could be fit for the visit of Arsenal next weekend, although manager Neil Warnock may delay the Iceland midfielder's return until after the international break.

Lee Peltier is pushing to replace Bruno Ecuele Manga at right-back and Warnock is assessing his forward options as Cardiff go in search of their first goal of the season.

The Terriers are at full strength this weekend, having been denied the services of injured duo Mathias Jorgensen and Jonathan Hogg at the Etihad Stadium, while playmaker Aaron Mooy was attending the birth of his second child.

The Managers:

David Wagner:

"We are aware of how Cardiff City will play; very physical and direct but they have a lot of quality in the final third. It'll be a tough test and we have to be on our best.

"Cardiff City are very good in their style, big credit to Neil for what he's done."

Neil Warnock:

"We wanted Huddersfield to stay up last season and it shows what can be achieved. Even with Huddersfield and what they’ve spent, their wage bill is something we need to creep up to that level.

"I know the chairman Dean Hoyle very well and there’s a few that have been there. Andy Booth is still there, he was my main man there so it’ll be nice to see a few faces. I went back there for the reunion there and the lads haven’t changed. It’s a lovely club, a real family club and I was really proud to take them into the new stadium from the old Leeds Road.

"It’s incredible. Just as much as what we did last year, nobody gave them a chance. We beat them at the end of the season they went up and it was fabulous for them.

"David has done a great job, he’s improved the squad no end and it’ll be tough.

"They’ll be looking at our game as a must win."

Match Stats:

• In all competitions, Huddersfield are winless in nine matches against Cardiff (D2 L7) since winning 1-0 in a third tier meeting in January 2003 with Andy Booth netting the winner.

• Cardiff have not faced Huddersfield in a top-flight clash since February 1956, winning 2-1 at Leeds Road.

• Huddersfield have won just one of their last 12 games in the Premier League (D4 L7), scoring just four goals in the process. The Terriers are also winless in the last six in the top-flight, with five of these games coming against 'big six' opposition.

• Since their promotion to the Premier League in 2017, Huddersfield have failed to score in 22 of their 40 Premier League games - more than any other team in this period.

• Cardiff City have failed to score in 12 of their 20 Premier League away games (60%) - only Brighton (65%) and opponents Huddersfield (65%) have drawn a blank in a higher share of their away matches in PL history.

• Huddersfield have scored just one goal in their last seven matches at the John Smith's Stadium in all competitions (W1 D1 L5), despite attempting 98 shots in those matches.

The Officials:

Referee: Michael Oliver
    Assistants: Simon Bennett, Stuart Burt
    Fourth official: Oliver Langford

Team
    Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Arter
    Morrison
    Zohore
    NML
    Camarasa
    Murphy

No Junior!

Same team minus Junior for NML. Not even on the bench.