+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    So what? The lads are giving everything and we played well. I'd be a lot more disappointed if I was a Huddersfield fan. What were you expecting this season?
    At least we are improving.

Just watched the game via a stream.
    We played well and could easily have won it
    However I'd rather be a Cardiff fan right now than a West ham fan.

I can't believe I'm on the negative side tonight. I can't believe I'm the only one that thinks that that was a poor performance against one of the poorest sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    Well done city, good second half.
    Should have won.
    35 games to go.
    Some right merchants on here tonight.��
    Correct. I fancy us to get a result against one of the highly fancied teams. Everyone focussed on our opening 3 games as they looked weaker opposition but Warnock needs to come up with an answer to the striker problem.
    Zohore looks pedestrian and uncomfortable when he gets the ball.
    Maybe Madine's turn will come quicker than we think ?

So what's the plan? Try to get two players sent off next time?

Unlucky City.
    Some good chances there.

Last 15 / 20 mins we deserved a goal but lacked the killer touch.

Morrison headed wide when it looked easier to score, Reid was unlucky his effort defleced wide, good save from the keeper when Ward had a shot, a decent reaction from the keeper to smother when Reid was in on goal.

At the other end we almost blew it late on but Bamba got lucky to deflect the ball away.

Anyway, we should see some goals in the next three games. Arsenal H, Chelsea A, Man City H

Would be happy to still be in 14th place after the Man City game.

I am worried as I just don't see where the goals are going to come from

I’m not worried. We know this is a bonus season. We are what we are. Defended very well. 2 clean sheets nothing to sniff about. Get behind the boys, they will give everything and so should we.

I wonder how we will set up when Gunnerson is fit, maybe more forward movement from Arter?
    Who I think has been the pick of our summer gets. That was good work by NW.
    And I think he got the tactics spot on today.

What surprised me today was how much quicker Huddersfield's players were. A few occasions we had the chance to get a player away down the wing or down the channels but were second to the ball when we looked odds on favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I can't believe I'm on the negative side tonight. I can't believe I'm the only one that thinks that that was a poor performance against one of the poorest sides.
    You're not alone. I thought we looked poor first half and only improved when Huddersfield had a player sent off. Manga has to be the worst passer of a ball I've seen in a City shirt since Ben Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I’m not worried. We know this is a bonus season. We are what we are. Defended very well. 2 clean sheets nothing to sniff about. Get behind the boys, they will give everything and so should we.
    How exactly are you "behind the boys"? And what the **** is a "bonus season"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I tell you what the feckin bonus season is. Not one single person thought we’d get promoted, not ONE! So it’s a bloody bonus. You’ve done nothing but criticise and moan since we got promoted. I’m getting behind the players by offering my support. It’s what supporters do. I knew there’d by moaners and groaners but 3 games in, Jesus feckin Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Two stupid questions there - the answers to both are obvious. The real question is why aren't you, Carl Dales Mole and the usual others 'behind the boys' tonight. You are one of the most negative posters on here, even though you only watch the games via streams from afar but profess to know everything about team selection, tactics and how good the opposition are. There are currently six teams worse than us, and we are not conceding goals, so whats the problem ?. The way you go on it appears that you think we should be top 6 as a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I tell you what the feckin bonus season is. Not one single person thought we’d get promoted, not ONE! So it’s a bloody bonus. You’ve done nothing but criticise and moan since we got promoted. I’m getting behind the players by offering my support. It’s what supporters do. I knew there’d by moaners and groaners but 3 games in, Jesus feckin Christ.
    Has it occurred to you that people moan because they care? Pretending everything is OK when it isn't is not what supporters do.

I want Cardiff to do well always and it pisses me off that the club have failed to prepare for playing in the Premier League. I don't see it as a bonus, I see it as a wasted opportunity. I'm also quite upset that we failed to take advantage of playing against 10 men for the second game in a row. Watching 270+ minutes of football without a goal to cheer is kind of a drag too.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Two stupid questions there - the answers to both are obvious. The real question is why aren't you, Carl Dales Mole and the usual others 'behind the boys' tonight. You are one of the most negative posters on here, even though you only watch the games via streams from afar but profess to know everything about team selection, tactics and how good the opposition are. There are currently six teams worse than us, and we are not conceding goals, so whats the problem ?. The way you go on it appears that you think we should be top 6 as a minimum.
    What a load of nonsense. I don't watch streams by the way. I have a paid subscription.

Also, if the 6 teams below us in the league are "worse" than us, how come we couldn't beat or even score against two of them when they down to 10 men?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Maybe gamble on a front three focussed on mobility rather than a lone target man over six foot ?
    Given the way the first three games have gone I would look at a front three of Hoilet, Reid and Murphy against Arsenal.
    They don't have the most mobile of central defenders.
    Try a game where we are not trying to cross 100% into the box.
    Zohore is useless in the air anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Huge missed opportunity, we have to start Richards ahead of Manga at right back
    No.

Huddersfield 0 - 0 Cardiff City.

A second point picked up from three games played but the lack of goals is a worry.

For the second week in a row City played a reasonable amount of the match against 10 men but couldn't score, let alone win. Jonathan Hogg was sent off for putting his head into Harry Arter's face in the 63rd minute, despite the free kick being given away by Arter who was booked in the incident.

C:WindowsTempphp1ACE.tmp

Cardiff are the only Premier League team wthout a goal but sit in 14th place in the table above sides like West Ham, who have lost all three games, and Huddersfield and Southampton who only have one point.

City were poor in the opening half, 29% possession against a side they have to finsh above to have any hope of staying up. The red card though saw a swing in Cardiff's favour and a number of chances were created but the finshing just wasn't there.

Sean Morrison missed a free header, Ward produced a decent save from Lossl who cleared with his right foot, Reid almost broke through on goal late on but Lossl was out quick to smother and another Reid effort rolled inches wide.

A few shots from distance failed to trouble the keeper.

Now City face Arsenal H, Chelsea A and Man City H. So we might be grateful for the points already gained but that's two weeks in a row now we have failed to beat 10 men of teams we are likely to be battling against come the end of the season.

On a sour note Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, starting the game for the injured Junior Hoilett, looked to have picked up a serious injury and he was subbed in the opening 15 mins, departing the pitch on a stretcher. So we hope he is not to badly hurt.

So bring on The Arsenal (who got their first win today).

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I am worried as I just don't see where the goals are going to come from
    Don't worry, we can be as destructive as many teams outside the top 6. We'll scare a few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm right with you Mr Mole. Very poor again, and i can't beleive how poor Zohore is. By far the worse player in the team, offers absolutely nothing. Madine should surely start ahead of him.