+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Early days, I know. Very impressed with Arter.

Early days, I know. Very impressed with Arter.

His put in a great performance on Saturday. Thankfully he didn’t get sent off, but should have done. It’s good to have a player with spunk (many years since I last used that word) albeit no use if he does get sent off. I liked his radio and press comments both of which seem to underline his passion and experience, both of which we need.
    We need a leader in midfield. I think we have found one.

Re: Early days, I know. Very impressed with Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    His put in a great performance on Saturday. Thankfully he didn’t get sent off, but should have done. It’s good to have a player with spunk (many years since I last used that word) albeit no use if he does get sent off. I liked his radio and press comments both of which seem to underline his passion and experience, both of which we need.
    Reminded me a little of Joe Allen.

Agree. Can see why Howe said he decided to let him go as Arter needed to play football. The only surprise is why he had not been in the Bournemouth side since last December.
    Arter needed a challenge and he is certainly going to get it! Hopefully City is a perfect fit for this player.
    He will be sent off sooner rather than later. We will have to accept this as a downside for him.

Me too. Was very impressed with him and the midfield in general.

They can only get stronger as they continue to gel.

Me too. Reminds me of Mark Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Me too. Reminds me of Mark Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    His put in a great performance on Saturday. Thankfully he didn’t get sent off, but should have done. It’s good to have a player with courage and determination albeit of no use if he does get sent off. I liked his radio and press comments both of which seem to underline his passion and experience, both of which we need.
    Agreed, edited for you Phil

Fans on the Cherries forum only had good things to say about him - which was not surprising as he has been there on their recent successful journey up the leagues.

Thought he had an impressive debut for us and hope he can maintain this standard.

If we're playing "Who is Arter Like?", he reminds me of Tommy Smith - which is good!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He will be sent off sooner rather than later.
    Not sure how you can make that statement after one game, which was his debut and in front of the home fans, he hardly got sent off regularly for Bournemouth did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Fans on the Cherries forum only had good things to say about him - which was not surprising as he has been there on their recent successful journey up the leagues.

Thought he had an impressive debut for us and hope he can maintain this standard.

If we're playing "Who is Arter Like?", he reminds me of Tommy Smith - which is good!
    It must be the haircut and the beard because they’re such different players

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Not sure how you can make that statement after one game, which was his debut and in front of the home fans, he hardly got sent off regularly for Bournemouth did he?
    Eighty six yellow and three red cards in his career so far, ten or more bookings a season is not too unusual for him, so, even of he doesn't see red, I think it's fairly certain he's going to have one, possibly two periods of suspension while he's with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Reminded me a little of Joe Allen.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Eighty six yellow and three red cards in his career so far, ten or more bookings a season is not too unusual for him, so, even of he doesn't see red, I think it's fairly certain he's going to have one, possibly two periods of suspension while he's with us.
    Cult status beckons then,the new pyscho