+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: La Liga captains to meet over 'concern' for US game

La Liga captains to meet over 'concern' for US game

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and Barcelona vice-captain Sergio Busquets will be among the La Liga players meeting on Wednesday to discuss their "concern" over a decision to stage a game in the US.

La Liga agreed a 15-year deal with US media company Relevent on Friday.

The Spanish players' union, AFE, says players were not consulted by La Liga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45269974

Re: La Liga captains to meet over 'concern' for US game

What about the fans? I don't think very many will be in agreement either.

It's going to have to be one of the big clubs involved as otherwise there won't be a draw for it. I can't imagine there is going to be people wanting to go and watch Sociedad v Betis

The problem happens if you are a team with a good home record suddenly giving up that advantage.

They would be better off if they are going to do this would be for a charity shield type game.

It's not ideal for the fans , plus it's not like the US don't have any standard of teams to watch.

Why aren't we involved

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    It's going to have to be one of the big clubs involved as otherwise there won't be a draw for it. I can't imagine there is going to be people wanting to go and watch Sociedad v Betis

The problem happens if you are a team with a good home record suddenly giving up that advantage.

They would be better off if they are going to do this would be for a charity shield type game.

It's not ideal for the fans , plus it's not like the US don't have any standard of teams to watch.
    The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. It's all about money, not about football. Is there a shortage of money in the game that they need more? It's stuff like this that turns me off football, and one day they will kill the golden goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. It's all about money, not about football. Is there a shortage of money in the game that they need more? It's stuff like this that turns me off football, and one day they will kill the golden goose.
    It's also about attracting more fans to the game , the football franchise's still, fall way behind American Football and Baseball , although I believe it's the most watched sport for under 25's via the web .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's also about attracting more fans to the game , the football franchise's still, fall way behind American Football and Baseball , although I believe it's the most watched sport for under 25's via the web .
    Yes, but is it really the Spanish leagues problem? Didn't the yanks try to force American football down our throats using similar tactics? Support your local team FFS!