+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stopping male suicide, BBC two 9pm

Stopping male suicide, BBC two 9pm

Biggest killer of men in UK under fifty , more than cancer and car crashes

Guess which gets the most funding ?

Clue , mental health gets 14% despite topping the list

Re: Stopping male suicide, BBC two 9pm

Difficult one mental health.

I suffer from stress and depression, and take meds to combat it, but I think a lot of it was self inflicted.

Drink, drugs (recreational) and gambling to excess hasn’t really helped tbh.

Debt too.
    Sadly my shit credit history has disqualified me from a lot of jobs I’m qualified for.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Difficult one mental health.

I suffer from stress and depression, and take meds to combat it, but I think a lot of it was self inflicted.

Drink, drugs (recreational) and gambling to excess hasn’t really helped tbh.
    A lot of people I know who let’s say partied to excess in the rave days have issues with this now, or have in the last 20 years. Some fall, some struggle, some come out unscathed. Exercise has always been good to me and many others I know.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A lot of people I know who let’s say partied to excess in the rave days have issues with this now, or have in the last 20 years. Some fall, some struggle, some come out unscathed. Exercise has always been good to me and many others I know.
    So true got rid of my car ,walk everywhere.I sometimes walk to the City and back,the Mrs goes mad saying one day you will get mugged
    when it is a night match.Not enough is done for the youngsters who have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    So true got rid of my car ,walk everywhere.I sometimes walk to the City and back,the Mrs goes mad saying one day you will get mugged
    when it is a night match.Not enough is done for the youngsters who have a problem.
    If you can get by without going down the meds route, I would def suggest putting in a pair of daps and go for a run, whatever state of fitness you are in, just do it. You won’t regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If you can get by without going down the meds route, I would def suggest putting in a pair of daps and go for a run, whatever state of fitness you are in, just do it. You won’t regret it.
    But i think with the young guys it do not seem cool to do it

During 30 years living and working in London, I had 4 friends/ colleagues who took their own lives, all men, all under 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    During 30 years living and working in London, I had 4 friends/ colleagues who took their own lives, all men, all under 50.
    Poor sods