+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Cricket - 4th Test

O/T Cricket - 4th Test

Why pick Keaton Jennings again. The most fundamental test for any opener is how they play pace. Worryingly, Jennings has played it poorly during his 10 Test matches. He averages under just 18 against pace – compared with 50.00 against spin – and is repeatedly edging balls outside off stump to the wicket-keeper or slips.

The selectors are so blinkered.

Re: O/T Cricket - 4th Test

I'd replace Cooke as well time for some changes .

I think Cook will retire after the next Ashes , so I think he deserves another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I think Cook will retire after the next Ashes , so I think he deserves another year.
    There are no real openers in the county game screaming out to get picked recently Lyth, Robson, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman have all been tried and discarded. Next up would be Burns, but he also has some technical issues that will struggle against pace.

The fact that Vince is in and out struggling at international level but then scoring for fun at county level, and the fact Moeen scores a double ton this week, shows that the players being picked are the better players.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    There are no real openers in the county game screaming out to get picked recently Lyth, Robson, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman have all been tried and discarded. Next up would be Burns, but he also has some technical issues that will struggle against pace.

The fact that Vince is in and out struggling at international level but then scoring for fun at county level, and the fact Moeen scores a double ton this week, shows that the players being picked are the better players.
    Yes fair point , could it also be a dying art in this modern era of the shorter game cricket , and less reason for long drawn out scores,where shorter more risky innings are the flavour of the day now.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

The pundits on TMS were putting Rory Burns forward as the obvious choice. Averaging 68 this season opening for Surrey.

Thought Hameed was the answer, did really well in India, but broke his finger and then suffered a dip in form at county level. Still think he’ll get another chance.

India will have their tails up going into the next test. If it gets to 2-2, the deciding game will be very interesting.