+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoke

Re: Stoke

As good as Swansea were on Tuesday, they were bad at Birmingham, but then I suppose it should be seen as a positive that they were able to hang on for a draw at St. Andrews.

I see it's being claimed on Twitter this morning that Ryan Woods is in Stoke for a medical prior to what must be a loan until January when the deal will become permanent - I think he'd be better off staying where he is because, having blamed the likes of the departed Shaqiri for their relegation, it still does not seem a happy camp at Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Swansea is a complete mess and Potter is working wonders despite being handcuffed. If their owners had their way, they'd sell everyone not nailed down for a half decent fee. They've currently got one senior centre half. They'll probably stay up but I can't see them challenging, like Leeds they won't have the squad to sustain it.
    I understand the mess and the troubles there, and unless major loans come in i cannot see them challenging.

It is interesting to compare Swansea and Stokes differing starts, with 1 keeping all their premier league players and signing everyone, with the other being in crisis and selling everyone.

Problem swansea will have is when January comes around, anybody who's made a name for themselves could be sold...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Problem swansea will have is when January comes around, anybody who's made a name for themselves could be sold...
    Depends if they are in contention for promotion (judging from the Leeds game they won't be far away) as shirley the owners, naive as they are, will have learnt the lesson of what can happen by not stripping their assets, having the chance of getting back into the moneybags league by holding on to their best players, coupled with a bit of speculating

Hopefully not though

Back to the OP, Stoke have had a poor start and could do a Villa... or a Sunderland!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Depends if they are in contention for promotion (judging from the Leeds game they won't be far away) as shirley the owners, naive as they are, will have learnt the lesson of what can happen by not stripping their assets, having the chance of getting back into the moneybags league by holding on to their best players, coupled with a bit of speculating

Hopefully not though

Back to the OP, Stoke have had a poor start and could do a Villa... or a Sunderland!
    Swansea have one centre back. I'd be amazed if they're in contention unless they get significant loan signings in.

The championship this season is a lottery.

There will be some surprises all the way this time not like last season.

Rowett again showing what a terrible manager he is and what a daft appointment it was by Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Swansea have one centre back. I'd be amazed if they're in contention unless they get significant loan signings in.
    Agree with the fact that they have not much depth and desperately need loan signings but going forward, that side they put out looked pretty good, holding the "mighty Leeds" for large parts of the game making them look average.

That performance won't do them any harm and attract interest from potential loanees and their clubs. This in contrast to Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with the fact that they have not much depth and desperately need loan signings but going forward, that side they put out looked pretty good, holding the "mighty Leeds" for large parts of the game making them look average.

That performance won't do them any harm and attract interest from potential loanees and their clubs. This in contrast to Stoke.
    Signings cost money, their board won't spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bolton were the worst Championship side I saw down here last season.
    Bolton were the worst side I saw away , closely followed by Cardiff that day . I think we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    The championship this season is a lottery.

There will be some surprises all the way this time not like last season.

Rowett again showing what a terrible manager he is and what a daft appointment it was by Stoke.
    I am beginning to think there may be some truth in this .
    Villa didn't start particularly well last season though.
    Look at them now ... Oh Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bolton were the worst side I saw away , closely followed by Cardiff that day . I think we lost.
    2-0. Madine scored a pen. We were bloody awful and didn't have a shot on target.