+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “Undisclosed” transfer fees?

“Undisclosed” transfer fees?

Does anyone know the reason, or reasons, why some transfer fees are kept out of the public domain, whilst others aren’t?

Re: “Undisclosed” transfer fees?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Does anyone know the reason, or reasons, why some transfer fees are kept out of the public domain, whilst others aren’t?
    always thought it was to keep fans happy. the selling club can suggest they got x, the buying club that they spent y.

I might be wrong here but could you find out how much the transfer fee was by studying the clubs accounts when they are eventually released?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I might be wrong here but could you find out how much the transfer fee was by studying the clubs accounts when they are eventually released?
    Most transfers aren’t lump sums and are over a few seasons I think.

Reason I asked this question. I was reading a piece on line about Hearts up in Scotland. They just lost Kyle Lafferty to Rangers , but the fee was undisclosed..
    Now bare in mind, the Hearts fans donated over Ł1m to the club a few seasons ago.
    Surely they deserve to know the figures. Or do they?

International

Why should anyone think they have a right to know a company's business?
    It's like fans saying player X ix on so many grand a week as if its a fact when in reality the figure was just made up to suit their argument.
    Why does it matter what a club pays for a player? They obviously think he is worth it or they wouldn't buy him.