+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ..and weather experts are predicting the heatwave will last right through to October ....

..and weather experts are predicting the heatwave will last right through to October ....

..as I listen to the rain on my conservatory roof while wearing a jumper. They really don't have a clue. In fact if you were a family with young children this year's summer holiday has been a complete washout !

Re: ..and weather experts are predicting the heatwave will last right through to October ....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..as I listen to the rain on my conservatory roof while wearing a jumper. They really don't have a clue. In fact if you were a family with young children this year's summer holiday has been a complete washout !
    Speak for yourself. In Sunny WSM I'm sat in T-shirt and shorts in my conservatory/home office.

Re: ..and weather experts are predicting the heatwave will last right through to October ....

June/July were sunny and hot.
    August no so much.
    September and October may yet prove to be better than average (but nowhere near June/July)

We'll just have to wait and see.

But I agree with your main point -
    You can forecast the weather more accurately by looking out of the window or sticking a finger in the air than by listening to Derek et al.

I have always said school holidays are too late. We tend to get the best out of the weather in May, June and July and when the kids break up the weather is crap. Poor mites.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Speak for yourself. In Sunny WSM I'm sat in T-shirt and shorts in my conservatory/home office.
    And the sun is melting the streets in Taunton. Oh, hang on ...it's rain.

Go and have a look at the difference between weather and climate. Then look at how localised weather is affected due to the geography of an area.

I’m sure a wet late August was predicted before it gets hotter anyway.

its not cold , and its sunny in North Cardiff all the time

Beautiful and sunny, really hot on the Costa Dorada, Spain