+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol fined by Liverpool for not playing Ryan Kent enough

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Bristol fined by Liverpool for not playing Ryan Kent enough

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...ource=sharebar

Bristol City in Liverpool's "bad books" after controversial loan

Lee Johnson explains all

13:49, 24 AUG 2018Updated14:18, 24 AUG 2018
    Lee Johnson says Bristol City are not in Liverpool's good books at the moment.

Ryan Kent
    He said: "I think this club has a good reputation with the top clubs - apart from probably with Liverpool at the moment, we're not in their good books - but as a general rule we've always looked after everybody's players and they've gone on to do well.

"Yeah so, I've had discussions with Manchester City over a number of players this summer and the catch 22 is always the asset. Particularly the forward players. Tammy was great for us but we're all still talking about him. He went 13-14 months ago and he signed a new contract as I've said.

"And this is the bit that's frustrating for me with the fans. Really I need to say 'come out of dreamland: he's signed for this amount per week and he's now played for England. We ain't getting him.

"We're getting him when he hasn't kicked a ball in the division. At that point we take the risk and we get the reward like we did. But you're right as what it does do is stand us in good stead moving onto the next one. There were a number of clubs in for Tomas and I was actually quite shocked that we actually got to the top of that pile. Credit to Tomas as he showed a keen desire to come, the agents, Chelsea and also Mark Ashton who did the deal and got it through our board and Chelsea's."

Liverpool's issue with the Robins could well stem from Ryan Kent's move to Ashton Gate last season.

The Robins took the winger on loan from Anfield in January, yet Kent made just 10 Championship appearances in a frustrating move that did not work for either party.

Liverpool subsequently issued a fine to the Robins over Kent's lack of game time - and the Reds' transfer policy has continued this season, with Celtic being one of a number of clubs put off moves for players due to the Anfield club's fine system.
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 24-08-18 at 16:34. Reason: Too long

Re: Bristol fined by Liverpool for not playing Ryan Kent enough

Kallas is a strange one hes been at Chelsea for years and played 2 games. The only real point Chelsea have him is to loan him out at a fee.