+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst premier league team

Worst premier league team

According to Adrian Durham, on talkshite, Cardiff and Huddersfield are the worst premier league sides ever.

Re: Worst premier league team

There's a certain irony in a Talksport presenter making that sort of claim.

Brighton were mentioned last week as the worst ever team, then they beat the media darlings Man Utd.

Clearly they are not as neither have currently got less points in a Premier League season than Derby , Sunderland, Portsmouth and Villa

Durham has been sent to report on the udders v city match and he is fuming..... Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Clearly they are not as neither have currently got less points in a Premier League season than Derby , Sunderland, Portsmouth and Villa
    Sunderland appear 3 times in the worst 6 seasons! but of course City are worse.

Derby 11
    Sunderland 15, 19 & 24
    Villa 17
    Portsmouth 19

CardiffCitySince1927

I would say that this team is better than the 2013/14 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    According to Adrian Durham, on talkshite, Cardiff and Huddersfield are the worst premier league sides ever.
    For Durham read Kent

His whole job is to try and piss people to generate discussion and get people to listen and call his shite show. Ignore the walking gobshite.

Durham is a Peterborough fan, if he followed them in the late 80’s it will explain why he hates Cardiff so much, he has always slated us ever since he’s been given a voice on a dire radio show that seems to focus on people stuck in traffic jams

Who gives a monkeys what these clueless berks have to say anyway ?

Whilst Durham is a knob of the highest order, he isn’t too far of the mark with this.
    Our squad isn’t premier league standard. We all know this. We just don’t seem to like outsiders saying so 😁

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    I would say that this team is better than the 2013/14 team.
    It isn’t wise to post when you’ve been drinking.

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whilst Durham is a knob of the highest order, he isn’t too far of the mark with this.
    Our squad isn’t premier league standard. We all know this. We just don’t seem to like outsiders saying so ��
    Who do you really support?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who do you really support?
    I’m a Cardiff City supporter born in St David’s hospital who lives in Canton. I’m also a realist.
    What about you?

International

I;m a City supporter too. Born in Colwinstone Street live in Landaff

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Our squad isn’t premier league standard. We all know this. We just don’t seem to like outsiders saying so 😁
    I'd agree with this. Our strength is not in the quality we have its making the game work best for us. Ultimately nobody expected us to get 90 points last season we all expected to be mid table and hoped for more.

We haven't added much to the squad which massively over achieved.

I certainly don't expect us to be near lowest point scorers due to players attitudes and Neil getting every last bit out of then

Is there another team that got promoted to the Premier League with ninety points or more who has been so completely written off as we have? I refuse to believe that us being Welsh has anything to do with this, because it never happened with the jacks when they were promoted via the Play Offs having managed to get ten points less over forty six matches than we did last season. No, for me the criticism of Cardiff is down to two things - first, Swansea played the game the "right way" seven years ago, whereas we don't, second our manager is not popular with many who work in the national media, so any praise Cardiff receive is going to be of the faint variety or just plain non existent.

That title belongs to Derby until someone beats their record

Ten more points and we beat the record and we will get them before the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there another team that got promoted to the Premier League with ninety points or more who has been so completely written off as we have? I refuse to believe that us being Welsh has anything to do with this, because it never happened with the jacks when they were promoted via the Play Offs having managed to get ten points less over forty six matches than we did last season. No, for me the criticism of Cardiff is down to two things - first, Swansea played the game the "right way" seven years ago, whereas we don't, second our manager is not popular with many who work in the national media, so any praise Cardiff receive is going to be of the faint variety or just plain non existent.
    problem is, it would be fine if playing 'the wrong way' looked like working in this division, but even then you need people to put the ball in the net..