+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Re: What do you do for a living?

Work as a therapist. Ex footballer

Wow this is weird I was going to do this exact thread about 3 days ago.

I’m a quantity surveyor

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Dean of an Australian university graduate school in Ho Chi Minh City . Will pack it in and return home to Cardiff this year to live and have more chance to watch the City

I work for Air New Zealand as aircraft ground staff

IT Systems Developer for a commodity trading company in Geneva.
    Enjoy the job but I'm pretty much a one man team in a global company so always on call.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Graduated in Business And HR three years ago, travelled for 2 years and worked abroad which I loved!
    Been home for nearly a year now and couldn’t find a graduate job, just working in a warehouse in Bridgend, hate my job and can’t see any way of getting out of it, thought I would have my shit sorted by 25, Waiting and looking for a break now.
    Can’t you shoot off again? Maybe you’re break will come abroad rather than at home, you never know eh?
    I mainly do painting and decorating these days but have acquired a few properties in the last 20 years I’ve renovated and rented out.

I manage a sales team for a national manufacturer of landscaping products.

I have responsibility for European Manufacturing Strategy & Planning for a Automotive company, which for the previous 15 years has meant transferring product into UK manufacturing but for the last 18 months has meant transferring manufacturing out of the UK to Europe, India & Mexico.

currently working in automotive industry on a number of projects mainly for JLR transferring product out of UK to Europe a bit like des parrot i guess but in an engineering capacity

First Team

I have a small consultancy that provides either full country information guides or more specific reports on current issues to government departments, NGO's and more recently corporate customers, due to the uncertainty over Brexit.

Investigator for a Welsh Gov organisation. Sh1t job, sh1t organisation - couldn't detect a fart in a sleeping bag. Pay not good but not bad, so carrying on until I'm 60.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Graduated in Business And HR three years ago, travelled for 2 years and worked abroad which I loved!
    Been home for nearly a year now and couldn’t find a graduate job, just working in a warehouse in Bridgend, hate my job and can’t see any way of getting out of it, thought I would have my shit sorted by 25, Waiting and looking for a break now.
    You may not like what I'm about to say but if I were you I'd go back to uni and get a meaningful degree.Probably the most common degree and theres loads working in McDonalds.I remember my daughters english teacher's advice to her when she was 18."go to a proper uni and study a proper subject".So she went to Aberystwith Uni and studied english.If your still with me and not too pissed off with my cheek the irony is she now heads her own department as a busuness anylist at a commercial bank which on the face of it is strange when guys like you appear to have a qualification more suited to the role she's doing.

Soz

Peg manufacture, dodgy tarmac drive contractor, uPVC guttering cleaned, tree surgeon, roof tiles replaced. Cash only, no VAT, health and safety regulations ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Peg manufacture, dodgy tarmac drive contractor, uPVC guttering cleaned, tree surgeon, roof tiles replaced. Cash only, no VAT, health and safety regulations ignored.
    Jack of all trades..

I wouldn't put that up on here, you'll be inundated with offers of work.

Any teachers on here? Applying for a PGCE next year

Pity that. I was looking to buy some lucky white heather...

I work for Bodgit and Leggett / Aka ZZ Jack.

I changed my career path recently , bought a truck and went out onto our amazing motorways and roads . I think there a whole 4 miles of the m6 that arent being dug up at this moment.
    The truck is doing so well I have ordered a new one.
    I work of an app so choose when , where and how much I want for each job. Perfect.
    From my cab I oversee my workshops and vehicle rental business.
    Happier than I have been in years .
    Were you interested in the driving job Gavin. You dont have to do nights out if you dont want to. It would still be decent money.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I have responsibility for European Manufacturing Strategy & Planning for a Automotive company, which for the previous 15 years has meant transferring product into UK manufacturing but for the last 18 months has meant transferring manufacturing out of the UK to Europe, India & Mexico.
    I remember you saying you had secured a huge contract just after brexit , has this situation now changed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I changed my career path recently , bought a truck and went out onto our amazing motorways and roads . I think there a whole 4 miles of the m6 that arent being dug up at this moment.
    The truck is doing so well I have ordered a new one.
    I work of an app so choose when , where and how much I want for each job. Perfect.
    From my cab I oversee my workshops and vehicle rental business.
    Happier than I have been in years .
    Were you interested in the driving job Gavin. You dont have to do nights out if you dont want to. It would still be decent money.
    I'd be more than interested if you weren't based in Cardiff, Jim. It would mean two hours a day travelling and £40 to £50 a week fuel. The firm I work for are only two minutes down the road. The pay is crap, but its local.
    What are you hauling?
    Sell it to me Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You may not like what I'm about to say but if I were you I'd go back to uni and get a meaningful degree.Probably the most common degree and theres loads working in McDonalds.I remember my daughters english teacher's advice to her when she was 18."go to a proper uni and study a proper subject".So she went to Aberystwith Uni and studied english.If your still with me and not too pissed off with my cheek the irony is she now heads her own department as a busuness anylist at a commercial bank which on the face of it is strange when guys like you appear to have a qualification more suited to the role she's doing.

Soz
    There is absolutely a load of truth in this

I’d recommend history though

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    There is absolutely a load of truth in this

I’d recommend history though
    Theology and Religion at Oxford or Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Theology and Religion at Oxford or Cambridge.
    That’s a bit old school but it’s a good point.
    A considerable number of CEOs of ftse and Wall Street quoted organizations have degrees in history whereas in central government and Canary wharf holding a first degree in classics from O or C is seen by some to be a passport up the corporate ladder

The question for me is what kiind if a person dies it make you
    I’m not convinced by any argument I’ve read to date so far

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Investigator for a Welsh Gov organisation. Sh1t job, sh1t organisation - couldn't detect a fart in a sleeping bag. Pay not good but not bad, so carrying on until I'm 60.
    What do you investigate?