+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ward

Danny Ward

Do we start him next week? He looked far better than Zohore when he came on and looked bright at Bournemouth

Zohore just looked like he couldn't be arsed

Re: Danny Ward

I agree but I feel Madine has been robbed of game time from two games due to injuries (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Do we start him next week? He looked far better than Zohore when he came on and looked bright at Bournemouth

Zohore looks absolutely shot of confidence. I think we need a target man to rough up Arsenal. If Zohore was on form (of any kind) it would be a perfect game for him vs a high-ish line. I think he'll go with Madine and we'll start Reid for one of the midfielders

I'd give ward a go, he's a bit more mobile than Ken, and better inside the box in my opinion. He doesn't have much pace on the ball though, and he likes to drop into midfield a bit. This striker business is a bit of a worry. I could see Madine getting his chance, if we could utilise his strength and ability in the air, he could provide the knockdowns for Murphy-Arter. In truth, it's a bit desperate.

He did look good,
    Neil brought him on at the right time.
    Would anyone else offer the same late on.Would starting Ward and finishing with Madine be better?
    As I don't think Zohore would be as sharp late on, while he holds things up better than either of the other two.
    I'm glad it's not my job to decide.

Start Madine, rough them up, bring on ward or Zohore late on to run them ragged.

Zohore didn’t get any service, don’t think he deserves criticism. The game opened up when he went off. Ward should’ve done better with his chance, I think ken would’ve buried that.

Ward is completely average. A trier but one paced and just meh. The fact he is in the squad illustrates the lack of quality we have. Clutching at straws to say that he looked good today or he will perform at this level.

I hope I am wrong but after today I can only see one outcome this season.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Start Madine, rough them up, bring on ward or Zohore late on to run them ragged.

Zohore didn’t get any service, don’t think he deserves criticism. The game opened up when he went off. Ward should’ve done better with his chance, I think ken would’ve buried that.
    The game changed when Hogg was sent off . Up to that point KZ had no service and all of a sudden we’re having lots of possession and playing through the middle If I was KZ I would have been p’d off that I wasn’t on the pitch at that point

I would stick with Zohore who holds the ball up well, never stops running & has a decent shot. Think as soon as he gets a goal he will go on and score more often. I don’t believe that Madine or Ward are up for Premiership football but wouldn’t mind if I am proved wrong.

Interesting that Bobby Reid hasn't had a mention.

I think it's worth considering him in place of Camarasa as someone who will have a go at defences, will run with the ball, but is also happy to put in the hard graft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting that Bobby Reid hasn't had a mention.

I think it's worth considering him in place of Camarasa as someone who will have a go at defences, will run with the ball, but is also happy to put in the hard graft.
    Or Ralls? Camarasa & Arter are more comfortable on the ball and a bit more intelligent than Ralls

I just can't see Reid and Camarasa playing in midfield together without changing formation to 4123. I don't think Warnock is prepared to risk changing from 4213 at the moment, so Ralls and Arter will continue to occupy the more defensive roles.
    Either Camarasa drops to the bench and Reid starts or it stays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Or Ralls? Camarasa & Arter are more comfortable on the ball and a bit more intelligent than Ralls
    Thought Ralls had a decent game yesterday and obviously came into it more when they went down to 10 men. Camarasa bar a few nice touches, seem to get lost in midfield and their pace in central areas.

Agree the Bloop, it’ll be an either/or with Camarasa and Reid in a central role.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The game changed when Hogg was sent off . Up to that point KZ had no service and all of a sudden we’re having lots of possession and playing through the middle If I was KZ I would have been p’d off that I wasn’t on the pitch at that point
    He'd done nothing to warrant being peed off, he was poor

Zohore is hugely overrated by a lot of our fans imo

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    I would stick with Zohore who holds the ball up well, never stops running & has a decent shot. Think as soon as he gets a goal he will go on and score more often. I don’t believe that Madine or Ward are up for Premiership football but wouldn’t mind if I am proved wrong.
    Zohore is not up to Prem football. Hr hasnt got a decent shot, and quite often misses the ball completely when he does try one. Madine for me, but Ward also before KZ for me. Desperate times up front though 😥

Madine and Ward ,big man winning ball ,roughing up defences,Ward feeding off opportunities,gotta try something .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Madine and Ward ,big man winning ball ,roughing up defences,Ward feeding off opportunities,gotta try something .
    Who would you have in midfield if we play with two strikers?

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Zohore is not up to Prem football. Hr hasnt got a decent shot, and quite often misses the ball completely when he does try one. Madine for me, but Ward also before KZ for me. Desperate times up front though 😥
    Unfortunately that’s all we have at the moment and for me Zohore is the best out of the 3. Madine is better in the air but is static whilst Ward I believe is not anywhere near being a Premiership player. We knew that we needed a decent striker in the summer & we still do. I hope that I am proved wrong but I believe that neither Madine or Ward is up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Who would you have in midfield if we play with two strikers?
    One less winger .
    Reid Arter ,Spanish chappy ,Murphy.

Three at the back .

Or four at the back and goalie (as when ) anyone remember that classy tactic as kids

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's a really good shout. It would take a brave call by the manager but I think it could work

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

NML
    Arter
    Camasara
    Murphy

Reid/Ward
    Madine/Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    That's a really good shout. It would take a brave call by the manager but I think it could work

Etheridge

Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

NML
    Arter
    Camasara
    Murphy

Reid/Ward
    Madine/Zohore
    We'd get ripped apart playing 4-4-2

We'd get ripped apart playing 4-4-2
    Too right we would

Axing Ralls to accomodate Ward. Wed be slammed.

This.

So, apart from anything else, NW is now supposed to be psychic. He clearly should have known that one of the opposition players was going to get sent off in the 63rd minute at the time he thought about taking Zohore off in the 59th minute and should have left him on for that reason, even though he had done very little, if anything, during his time on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, apart from anything else, NW is now supposed to be psychic. He clearly should have known that one of the opposition players was going to get sent off in the 63rd minute at the time he thought about taking Zohore off in the 59th minute and should have left him on for that reason, even though he had done very little, if anything, during his time on the pitch.
    He's not saying that though he's saying Zohore will probably be disappointed not to be on the pitch when the game was more suited to him. No one's saying it was Warnock's mistake at all.