+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ward

Heisenberg

Re: Danny Ward

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, apart from anything else, NW is now supposed to be psychic. He clearly should have known that one of the opposition players was going to get sent off in the 63rd minute at the time he thought about taking Zohore off in the 59th minute and should have left him on for that reason, even though he had done very little, if anything, during his time on the pitch.
    If that's what you call supporting our players, I don't know why you bother. Go and support Swansea, you Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If that's what you call supporting our players, I don't know why you bother. Go and support Swansea, you Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Too right we would

Axing Ralls to accomodate Ward. Wed be slammed.
    It's not ideal but if the 2 central midfielders stay back we'd have 6 in defence. Feed the wingers quickly to get balls into the box. That's a bit simplistic but it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    It's not ideal but if the 2 central midfielders stay back we'd have 6 in defence. Feed the wingers quickly to get balls into the box. That's a bit simplistic but it could work.
    I see Ralls and Arter as key players and we badly need both fit. The key is the 3rd midfielder and the front 3 creating and sticking the ball in the net.

I dont think we have enough. But a midfield 3 is a must.

So, apart from anything else, NW is now supposed to be psychic. He clearly should have known that one of the opposition players was going to get sent off in the 63rd minute at the time he thought about taking Zohore off in the 59th minute and should have left him on for that reason, even though he had done very little, if anything, during his time on the pitch.
    Oh my God .

With NML injures then maybe we can play Reid in his place.
    Allow him to tuck in. OK, we lose a bit of width, but it hasn’t been effective yet and particularly against Arsenal we will need to be very tight and well organised

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Zohore is not up to Prem football. Hr hasnt got a decent shot, and quite often misses the ball completely when he does try one. Madine for me, but Ward also before KZ for me. Desperate times up front though 😥
    I think really you need to sit down & look through last years highlights from every game if you think Zohore hasn’t got a shot, just a few starters, against Burton in the first game, the one disallowed at Shef Weds & probably the best strike of the season his stunner against Fulham!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh my God .

That’s what I thought but chose to retain a dignified silence

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    I think really you need to sit down & look through last years highlights from every game if you think Zohore hasn’t got a shot, just a few starters, against Burton in the first game, the one disallowed at Shef Weds & probably the best strike of the season his stunner against Fulham!
    But he doesn't run on Duracell batteries, so he can be a bit hit and miss. I still think we should have taken the £15 million never-to-be-repeated offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    But he doesn't run on Duracell batteries, so he can be a bit hit and miss. I still think we should have taken the £15 million never-to-be-repeated offer though.
    I still think that Zohore is the best of 3 & the Post was obviously in response to the post that Zohore hasn’t got a decent shot on him.

Reid should always be the choice before Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgendbluebird1927 View Post
    I still think that Zohore is the best of 3 & the Post was obviously in response to the post that Zohore hasn’t got a decent shot on him.
    We do need to play to his strengths ,he's not Peter Crouch.

Service this year to him, has been sparse and not great.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We do need to play to his strengths ,he's not Peter Crouch.

Service this year to him, has been sparse and not great.
    Totally agree, you could put Kane or Aguero there but it wouldn’t have made a difference. Little service, little end product.

Great performance today

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Great performance today
    Agree

After his injury woes, really pleased for the guy.

Worked his socks off, harried the defense and held the ball the ball up well.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Great performance today
    Did well, he's more mobile than Ken, he is better at harrying defenders and although both work hard (they have too)Ward does it with a bit more urgency, although I think that's down to his body shape and size, not Ken being lazy. Great header as well.

Great to see him on the scoresheet, I’d imagine he’ll be starting a lot more games this season

Played very well today I thought. Worked hard, closed down, made a real nuisance of himself, especially in the second half, provided an aerial threat that Zohore doesn’t and got a good goal. MoM.

Yeah fair play, had my doubts about how effective he would be at prem level but he was good today. Murphy for Reid in the next game and i’d go with the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Yeah fair play, had my doubts about how effective he would be at prem level but he was good today. Murphy for Reid in the next game and i’d go with the same team.
    Talking about Murphy, I was surprised to see him missing today. Presumably he’s injured?

are you for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Reid had a good game. He has good movement and will get on the score sheet much sooner than later. We need Murphy AND Reid playing together.

Total commitment from and hard work from Ward. Ran the. Handel’s giving is an out all outside. Won his share of headers too.

The first 3 challenges Zohore made once he cane on were an embarrassment. Hi is and ducks at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Total commitment from and hard work from Ward. Ran the. Handel’s giving is an out all outside. Won his share of headers too.

The first 3 challenges Zohore made once he cane on were an embarrassment. Hi is and ducks at the same time.
    I'm struggling to make sense of what you're saying here.