+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danny Ward

Re: Danny Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm struggling to make sense of what you're saying here.
    Me too. It’s early. Hangover.

To summarise. Ward was good. Zohore bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Talking about Murphy, I was surprised to see him missing today. Presumably he’s injured?
    Murphy did his hamstring vs Huddersfield. I'm surprised he lasted the 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Me too. It’s early. Hangover.

To summarise. Ward was good. Zohore bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Murphy did his hamstring vs Huddersfield. I'm surprised he lasted the 90.
    Right at the end of the match.

SuperBluebirds91

Yes, I think Danny ward should start next week too. At present Zohore should come off the bench. We all know that when Zohore is on form he’s very good and will be putting the goals in. I do feel like he’s shot of confidence. I doubt it would be that he couldn’t be bothered.....why would a player that was no where near the PL a couple of season ago, not be bothered now that they have finally got there? Hopefully with Murphy back soon too which will add quality to the team. We’ve shown that we can put away goals against a big club with quality players so hopefully this will now give the team a boost and realise that if we keep going like this, we are goi g to cause an upset soon against one of these big teams.

Played very well today I thought. Worked hard, closed down, made a real nuisance of himself, especially in the second half, provided an aerial threat that Zohore doesn’t and got a good goal. MoM.

Danny Ward cannot be looked upon as an arial threat (given his stature), however, he certainly has better technique than Zohore. If he's able to create space, get on the end of a ball, slip his marker, then he could possibly score, but you certainly wouldn't expect him to out-jump most defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Danny Ward cannot be looked upon as an arial threat (given his stature), however, he certainly has better technique than Zohore. If he's able to create space, get on the end of a ball, slip his marker, then he could possibly score, but you certainly wouldn't expect him to out-jump most defenders.
    I was really comparing his aerial threat to KZs which is pretty much non existent.

I was really comparing his aerial threat to KZs which is pretty much non existent.
    I agree. Ward was up early to try win balls , massive effort. Doing everything he could to get to the ball.

Ken on the other hand ducked a few and totally missed one. I can accept out of form , but not lack of effort. Neil Warnock wasn’t too happy with him either.

Was impressed with ward's ability in the air, seemed to time his leap well each time.

However he was afforded a lot of space by the arsenal defence who mostly looked like they had been reading too many articles about potential head injuries.

I'm sure even Reid won a header against the cb.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Right at the end of the match.
    I think he actually did it before that, and then played on for about 10 minutes with it as we'd used all our subs. He definitely pulled up after we'd brought Reid on. I think he tweaked it, it wasn't right and then it's probably gone to a full tear while he played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he actually did it before that, and then played on for about 10 minutes with it as we'd used all our subs. He definitely pulled up after we'd brought Reid on. I think he tweaked it, it wasn't right and then it's probably gone to a full tear while he played on.
    Correct it was in the first half, over on the right wing, in their half, he pulled up sharp and was continually rubbing the back of his leg after that. Looks like Warnock took a gamble having lost Mendez-Laing, let’s hope it’s not long term, hamstring injuries are a right bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Yeah fair play, had my doubts about how effective he would be at prem level but he was good today. Murphy for Reid in the next game and i’d go with the same team.
    Nah ,id like to see Murphy , Ward and Reid up front , all interchanging thier roles and positions ,they are simalair in styles ,size and pace . Then use subs for a change again using a bigger target man ,gotta keep folk guessing and thinking .