+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zohore

Re: Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Agree, but that's not what Neil wants unfortunately, so the midfield, and the full backs to an extent have to be more efficient in their supply of the ball. Etheridge can also share some of the blame for being far to slow to distribute it and set up a counter attack where Ken could run in behind. However, given how weak we are going forward and the glaring need for 3 CM's and 2 wingers, especially as the wingers are so vital to the support of the full backs, I fail to see where we can fit another player in to allow Ken to drop back.
    Drop Ken to the bench is the best option, he's shite 😊. Madines the best option we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The way Warnock wants us to play I think we would be better starting with madine then bring a fresh zohore on
    Didn’t look as if we set up to win the game yesterday , Zohore is being made a scapegoat when in truth as has previously been said we could have had Kane up there and things wouldn’t be any different
    I would us expect us to set up this way against all the top Teams , but not Huddersfield who before yesterday hadn’t won a point , we looked comfortable in defence even when they had 11 but our play in the first half was woeful , can’t have a go at the pundits for that
    It was ver frustrating when we did create some chances but I would have given Madine and for Reid to play off him a go
    What must madine be thinking tho when he brought on ward , we paid £6 mil on the guy and he’s sat on the bench without remotely looking like coming on

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Exactly .
    We have some right tools 'supporting' us.
    They expect Zahore to play on his own up front, close down, and get a hat trick while he's at it !

Oh, and apparently we were "better when Ward came on". Nothing to do with them being down to 10 men
    People are allowed to criticise and offer their own opinions, it doesn't make them a tool and any less of a "supporter"

I've been fairly consistent with my view of Zohore, I don't think he's a natural striker and I think he'd benefit with a partner. I think we looked better with Ward, yes they went down to ten which helped, but we also looked better with Ward when he came on against Bournemouth and he looked good last season

I'm not saying Ward is the answer to all our problems, there is nothing to suggest he'll be a hit at this level, but there is little to suggest Zohore will either. I hope he proves me wrong, but having a different opinion on a footballer doesn't make me any less of a supporter

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    People are allowed to criticise and offer their own opinions, it doesn't make them a tool and any less of a "supporter"

I've been fairly consistent with my view of Zohore, I don't think he's a natural striker and I think he'd benefit with a partner. I think we looked better with Ward, yes they went down to ten which helped, but we also looked better with Ward when he came on against Bournemouth and he looked good last season

I'm not saying Ward is the answer to all our problems, there is nothing to suggest he'll be a hit at this level, but there is little to suggest Zohore will either. I hope he proves me wrong, but having a different opinion on a footballer doesn't make me any less of a supporter

It’s not that you have a different opinion. But the manner in which some people yesterday were communicating their opinion was just not what was needed, and more to the point, imagine actually thinking the players can hear you when you’re at the back of a packed out stand! My problem is the justification for people suggesting he isn’t up to it, you can’t expect him to chase down every ball at this level, centre backs are good enough just to toy with him to gas him out. He’s also getting next to no service, that is also not his fault! Regarding Ward, yes he looked livelier, but do you not think that was more him knowing he could take advantage of tired legs, and then an extra player advantage ? Any striker could have done that.

Heisenberg

Zohore's best work seems to be out wide at the moment - but that is more out of necessity than by his own choice by the looks of it. The issue then is, there's nobody in the middle for him to play the ball too. If that's how Neil wants to implement Zohore, then he might as well play him out wide and play someone else centrally.

It could work. It could be a disaster. I would have rather seen that than Paterson playing out wide though, which was the most disappointing part of the afternoon for me.

I came home happy with the point, but couldn't believe the amount of shit I heard on the coach back. One person even calling for Bellamy to take over already as "Warnock hasn't got a clue at this level".

This is going to be a very long season for some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Zohore's best work seems to be out wide at the moment - but that is more out of necessity than by his own choice by the looks of it. The issue then is, there's nobody in the middle for him to play the ball too. If that's how Neil wants to implement Zohore, then he might as well play him out wide and play someone else centrally.

It could work. It could be a disaster. I would have rather seen that than Paterson playing out wide though, which was the most disappointing part of the afternoon for me.

I came home happy with the point, but couldn't believe the amount of shit I heard on the coach back. One person even calling for Bellamy to take over already as "Warnock hasn't got a clue at this level".

This is going to be a very long season for some fans.
    I don`t like hearing comments from Warnock either when he says he doesn`t know where a goal is going to come from. He has been here long enough now to know the strengths and weaknesses in HIS players. It is his job to get the best out of his team in every game, but from what we have seen so far it looks confused. Ken must get back to what he does best and Warnock needs to make it happen, because Ken in the mood is a real handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It’s not that you have a different opinion. But the manner in which some people yesterday were communicating their opinion was just not what was needed, and more to the point, imagine actually thinking the players can hear you when you’re at the back of a packed out stand! My problem is the justification for people suggesting he isn’t up to it, you can’t expect him to chase down every ball at this level, centre backs are good enough just to toy with him to gas him out. He’s also getting next to no service, that is also not his fault! Regarding Ward, yes he looked livelier, but do you not think that was more him knowing he could take advantage of tired legs, and then an extra player advantage ? Any striker could have done that.
    I get what you mean about the way some people scream and shout, I don't hurl abuse at our own players during games and the people who do that annoy me

I don't expect him to chase every ball but there was more than one occasion yesterday where there was a ball he could easily have challenged for and won that he just remained stationery, that annoys me.

I just don't think he's a natural striker and this could be our downfall this season, I think he'd work better with someone going beyond him but the chances of us using a number 10 or going 2 up top this season are basically 0

We're not just talking about his woeful performance when no service. He's also very profligate when chances are created.

Why haven’t Paterson got his own thread. He did **** all yesterday. He can’t get the ball under control. He hasn’t got the quality to nick a goal like he could in the championship, but he’s almost free of criticism, when Zohore has had no service, run his bollocks off, and gets subbed jus before they go down to 10 men, and start actually playing football and making chances. Ken buries that Ward chance.

When Patterson came on I thought we would go to 5 at the back 3 across the middle and 2 up top. Instead we just told Patterson to run about a bit it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Why haven’t Paterson got his own thread. He did **** all yesterday. He can’t get the ball under control. He hasn’t got the quality to nick a goal like he could in the championship, but he’s almost free of criticism, when Zohore has had no service, run his bollocks off, and gets subbed jus before they go down to 10 men, and start actually playing football and making chances. Ken buries that Ward chance.
    Why dont you start a thread for Paterson. This one is about how shite and lazy Zohore is. Look at any of the strikers playing today like Deeney, Benteke, Rondon (only 25mins into the game), and they al show 10 times more than Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Why dont you start a thread for Paterson. This one is about how shite and lazy Zohore is. Look at any of the strikers playing today like Deeney, Benteke, Rondon (only 25mins into the game), and they al show 10 times more than Zohore
    Bullshit. They'd all look the same in our team. I only watched the Newcastle game and Rondon did nothing. I can't see what deeney or benteke would do different in that first hour of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Bullshit. They'd all look the same in our team. I only watched the Newcastle game and Rondon did nothing. I can't see what deeney or benteke would do different in that first hour of our game.
    You could have Harry Kane up top and he wouldn't do much in our team

Rondon spends an hour missing a good headed chance, barely touching the ball and running about on his own chasing lost causes and gets praise from the radio and television pundits for running himself into the ground doing a thankless job for his team as he walks from the pitch absolutely shattered, while Zohore does exactly the same thing at Huddersfield except for missing the chance and gets called "shite" and "lazy" by his own supporters. I see - can't help thinking Ward, Madine or Reid would not fare any better if they were left up there to fend for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rondon spends an hour missing a good headed chance, barely touching the ball and running about on his own chasing lost causes and gets praise from the radio and television pundits for running himself into the ground doing a thankless job for his team as he walks from the pitch absolutely shattered, while Zohore does exactly the same thing at Huddersfield except for missing the chance and gets called "shite" and "lazy" by his own supporters. I see - can't help thinking Ward, Madine or Reid would not fare any better if they were left up there to fend for themselves.

I think the main problem is our style of play, at the moment we need a striker to do the good work Ken does outside the box and also turn half chances into goals. Unfortunately Ken can’t do that and realistically anyone who can is worth upwards of £30m these days

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    I think the main problem is our style of play, at the moment we need a striker to do the good work Ken does outside the box and also turn half chances into goals. Unfortunately Ken can’t do that and realistically anyone who can is worth upwards of £30m these days
    The problem is that Warnock will not release a midfield player to support Zohore when we try and build in the final third, the only time we see midfielders joining the attack is when we attack from wide, which is much easier and safer, as the fullbacks tuck in and the opposition is stretched. I'd rather us try and win certain games than go out with the mentality of not to lose. Newcastle and Huddersfield weren't great, we have to be willing to trade blows at certain times in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The problem is that Warnock will not release a midfield player to support Zohore when we try and build in the final third, the only time we see midfielders joining the attack is when we attack from wide, which is much easier and safer, as the fullbacks tuck in and the opposition is stretched. I'd rather us try and win certain games than go out with the mentality of not to lose. Newcastle and Huddersfield weren't great, we have to be willing to trade blows at certain times in a game.
    We have nothing to lose in the next 3 games (excluding Norwich) if we decide to try not to lose and just sit back I think we could be on for a couple of pastings, think we should give it a good go against arsenal, Chelsea and man city

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We have nothing to lose in the next 3 games (excluding Norwich) if we decide to try not to lose and just sit back I think we could be on for a couple of pastings, think we should give it a good go against arsenal, Chelsea and man city
    A measured more attacking display, although it wont happen. It can work the other way though, we don't want to shift a load of goals, although I don't think that we would. I think that we should certainly go for Arsenal, they have a soft underbelly, great footballing side but a severe lack of bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree, I mentioned somewhere after Saturday's game that whoever plays striker needs someone supporting him in a number ten type role and, as I feel we need three central midfielders in this division, the only way I could see that happening is by playing something like a 3-5-1-1 or by leaving out a winger - Warnock's not going to go for the second option though and I think if we went for the first one, we'd end up having players like Bennett and Paterson as full back/wing backs, so, again, no wingers.