+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Red card incident

Red card incident

Did the referee give a foul against Arter before the red card incident? I was following the ball and didn’t see the incident, just the pushing and shoving afterwards.

Re: Red card incident

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Did the referee give a foul against Arter before the red card incident? I was following the ball and didn’t see the incident, just the pushing and shoving afterwards.
    Wouldn't matter. Hogg went in with his head and not the purple one. Off he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wouldn't matter. Hogg went in with his head and not the purple one. Off he goes.
    I understand that. I wondered why a penalty wasn’t given as seemingly the ball was in play?

Yeah the ref gave a foul against Arter that meant it wasn’t a penalty. Initially he didn’t give anything at all and went off the word of his linesman. Watching it again, Hogg is clearly the instigator and it should have been a pen.

Fair play to the Lino, most of us (inc the ref) missed it, following the ball.

Should have been a penalty before the foul. He had both arms wrapped around Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Should have been a penalty before the foul. He had both arms wrapped around Arter.
    and the one in the first half - surprised NW didn't rant about it