+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match of the Day

Match of the Day

I wonder who holds the record for being the club being the last one on most in a season. We are going to smash that record.

And what a tw@t Mark Hughes is. I've given him the benefit of the doubt just for his heroic displays for Wales over the years, but he!s a shit manager who always blames the ref. How he thinks the Southampton player didn't dive yesterday is beyond me.

Re: Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I wonder who holds the record for being the club being the last one on most in a season. We are going to smash that record.

And what a tw@t Mark Hughes is. I've given him the benefit of the doubt just for his heroic displays for Wales over the years, but he!s a shit manager who always blames the ref. How he thinks the Southampton player didn't dive yesterday is beyond me.
    Best chance we had yesterday (apart from Morries header) was Bobby Reid's 1 on 1 with the keeper & they didn't even show it!

What they showed of the red card incident was enough to establish it should have been a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What they showed of the red card incident was enough to establish it should have been a penalty.
    The World Cup appeared at the time to be a turning point for penalties being awarded for holding in the box, but that all seems to have now been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Best chance we had yesterday (apart from Morries header) was Bobby Reid's 1 on 1 with the keeper & they didn't even show it!
    They did show it.
    In the trail for the last few games run before they showed them. Blink and you missed it. And you did Parrot.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    They did show it.
    In the trail for the last few games run before they showed them. Blink and you missed it. And you did Parrot.
    Only watched our game, don't bother with the others. Why put it in the trailer & not the game itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only watched our game, don't bother with the others. Why put it in the trailer & not the game itself?
    Because it was Cardiff.
    If it had been Arsenal they would have re run it 16 times in slow motion.

You only have to look at the opening credits to see what they think of Cardiff,
    There’s a millisecond clip of warnock ,whilst all other clubs have a bigger and longer segment in the credits
    blink and you’ll miss it

Whatever the score on Sunday we won't be on last.

To be fair nil nil against Huddersfield deserves to be on last, similarly Newcastle match.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    You only have to look at the opening credits to see what they think of Cardiff,
    There’s a millisecond clip of warnock ,whilst all other clubs have a bigger and longer segment in the credits
    blink and you’ll miss it
    To be fair Football Focus did show an extended interview with Warnock earlier in the day

Who cares? I hardly ever watch the programme, usually because I'm still in the pub after the game, and can't be bothered to watch the recording (or re-run) on Sunday when I get up.

Watched Sky News this morning and Dermot Gallagher was reviewing all the red cards from the weekend

He believes the decision was correct.

Officials decided Arter's reaction after the ball was cleared was the first offence and was worthy of a yellow card, Hogg's retaliation was deserving of a red, but because Arter reacted first it was a Huddersfield free kick

There was also the part about Football in the community - why they didn't show that at the same time as the match i don't know.

To be fair, we've been involved in a fairly comfortable win for our opponents which was pretty low on thrills and two dull 0-0s which only had refereeing decisions as debating points. There have been at least three times as many goals in the other nineteen Premier League sides matches as there have been in ours - we are on last because our games have been the most boring for neutrals in at least two of the three weeks.

Watched Sky News this morning and Dermot Gallagher was reviewing all the red cards from the weekend

He believes the decision was correct.

Officials decided Arter's reaction after the ball was cleared was the first offence and was worthy of a yellow card, Hogg's retaliation was deserving of a red, but because Arter reacted first it was a Huddersfield free kick
    I can’t see what Arter did to deserve a yellow

He’s gonna have a few bans this year mind

the first offence was the holding - that should have been a pen