+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pundits

Pundits

The attitude of the pundits toward our club is really annoying.
    That fool Durham on talk sport complaining he had to attend our game at Huddersfield when he could have been watching
    another match.
    Phil Thompson sulking that he had to cover our game and was looking down his considerably big nose at what he was having to do.
    its football snobbery and I hope we can prove them all wrong.
    At least our club are in touch with reality and not living in the unreal bubble that exists within the premier league.

Re: Pundits

Lineker and Shearer have been all doom and gloom on motd about us so far this season. It's as if they think the programme should have finished 10 minutes earlier.

There needs to be a breakway Ultra Premier League, consisting of 6 clubs, then they can have orgasms about watching beautiful football and the rest of us can watch the reality of non-billionaire football.

I,ve maintained for the last 5 seasons they should set up a european league . can't see any other options to make it a bit more fairer .it's always the top 6 in the prem always the same top 3 in spain for example . leicester was a 1 off

The top 6 will break away, play home and away twice, and one game at a 'neutral' venue in Asia or the US.

The pundits, and Premier league armchair fans, will be happy then.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Phil Thompson sulking that he had to cover our game and was looking down his considerably big nose at what he was having to do.
    Nonsense. Thompson did no such thing. He simply reported during the first half that the football was very poor quality by Premier League standards and involved little incident of note. Every other report I've heard or read suggests that he was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The top 6 will break away, play home and away twice, and one game at a 'neutral' venue in Asia or the US.
    People have been claiming this sort of thing will happen for decades. It won't. The Premier League is hugely popular worldwide. It has no reason to change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nonsense. Thompson did no such thing. He simply reported during the first half that the football was very poor quality by Premier League standards and involved little incident of note. Every other report I've heard or read suggests that he was spot on.
    Sorry to disagree with you but he was moaning before a ball was kicked.Jeff Snelling was having a go at him over it.

A few of thought about this post.:

I do think one day an European super league may appear where the top clubs will play and there second teams will be in a sort of premiership,which could even the league out.

I don't understand our pre occupation with pundits ,think it's anti English thing, in the main they are right we may struggle.(just ignore them ,I just turn them off )

If we start winning in sure views about us will change.

The pundits need to keep it up , its a great motivational tool.

Not many pundits observations at year end are right, even Linkear thought Leicester had no chance ,hence the underwear challenge.

Let's just enjoy the ride.

People have been claiming this sort of thing will happen for decades. It won't. The Premier League is hugely popular worldwide. It has no reason to change.
    It has been discussed multiple times by the big European clubs, if they break away from the Champions League the big 6 would follow suit

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you but he was moaning before a ball was kicked.Jeff Snelling was having a go at him over it.
    I watched the whole programme and didn't hear any moaning from Thompson until midway through the first half, when he began commenting on how poor the quality of the football was. Indeed, all I recall from him before the game was praise for Neil Etheridge after the keeper's excellent interview.

City fans seem to be getting so precious about this season's media coverage. I even read someone claiming there was BBC agenda against Cardiff the other day. It's hilarious.

Talk Sport is the radio equivalent of the Sunday Sport. I'm amazed that anyone pays any attention to that garbage. Apart from them, all of the media coverage I've seen has been fair and even. City are regarded as clear favourites for relegation by the pundits, the broadcasters, the journalists and the bookmakers for a variety of reasons, none of which are some kind of football snobbery or because the club is Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It has been discussed multiple times by the big European clubs, if they break away from the Champions League the big 6 would follow suit
    I don't believe any of that will happen, but we'll see.

I watched the whole programme and didn't hear any moaning from Thompson until midway through the first half, when he began commenting on how poor the quality of the football was. Indeed, all I recall from him before the game was praise for Neil Etheridge after the keeper's excellent interview.

City fans seem to be getting so precious about this season's media coverage. I even read someone claiming there was BBC agenda against Cardiff the other day. It's hilarious.

Talk Sport is the radio equivalent of the Sunday Sport. I'm amazed that anyone pays any attention to that garbage. Apart from them, all of the media coverage I've seen has been fair and even. City are regarded as clear favourites for relegation by the pundits, the broadcasters, the journalists and the bookmakers for a variety of reasons, none of which are some kind of football snobbery or because the club is Welsh.
    Think your right, I'd say they'd be more anti Warnock .

I do remember our last stay and the pundits praising Cardiffs zonal marking under Malkay ,which left me personally cold , however here we are again, defending for our lives , this time though we have a bit more to offer .

If Leeds had gone up instead of us and the pundits were declaring
    they will finish bottom , no one on this board would be commenting or pointing out the alleged antiness of pundatory, after 3 games in.

We seem to have an anti pundit thing going in since the World Cup, now I'm only guessing here ?? is this a case of anti englishness via CCMB raising its head??