+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh children going hungry

Welsh children going hungry

All this right wing media shite about Jeremy Corbyn detracting from the real issues in this country. Our children going hungry https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45270644

Bloody disgusting

Re: Welsh children going hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    All this right wing media shite about Jeremy Corbyn detracting from the real issues in this country. Our children going hungry https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45270644

Bloody disgusting
    I totally agree with you there and it's about time the Welsh Government pulled their fingers out and did something about it. As the Children's commissioners, Sally Holland said in the link - Child poverty is the biggest issue facing the Welsh Government.

Absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I totally agree with you there and it's about time the Welsh Government pulled their fingers out and did something about it. As the Children's commissioners, Sally Holland said in the link - Child poverty is the biggest issue facing the Welsh Government.

Absolute disgrace.
    Well we vote in the Assembly, perhaps they need to represent the children of Wales !

We have had reports of education and health being a problem as well.

It’s heartening to see the opening poster highlight yet more failures of our Welsh Government, this time childhood poverty and children going hungry in Wales together with other areas where the WG is failing, as you have said specifically health and as highlighted again this week, education.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It’s heartening to see the opening poster highlight yet more failures of our Welsh Government, this time childhood poverty and children going hungry in Wales together with other areas where the WG is failing, as you have said specifically health and as highlighted again this week, education.
    Nick, there's no doubt that the WG isn't up to standard. In fact, they're useless. But, wouldn't you agree that their hands are tied, somewhat, by the party in power in the UK government and the austerity that they have imposed?

The UK as a whole is failing on health and education, but you seem to think there is only one party to blame for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nick, there's no doubt that the WG isn't up to standard. In fact, they're useless. But, wouldn't you agree that their hands are tied somewhat by the party in power in the UK government and the austerity that they have imposed?

The UK as a whole is failing on health and education, but you seem to think there is only one party to blame for all of this.
    #Ignore the gammon.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    #Ignore the gammon.
    I'd like to hear his reply if that's ok?

Nick, there's no doubt that the WG isn't up to standard. In fact, they're useless. But, wouldn't you agree that their hands are tied, somewhat, by the party in power in the UK government and the austerity that they have imposed?

I suppose the million dollar question if they were given an open cheque book, would they have the ability to fix the issues ,or would the money be spent on vanity projects and buildings ,oh and increasing the number of AM's (as proposed ) and its support staff , I'm guessing would be the first grab ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I suppose the million dollar question if they were given an open cheque book, would they have the ability to fix the issues ,or would the money be spent on vanity projects and buildings ,oh and increasing the number of AM's (as proposed ) and its support staff , I'm guessing would be the first grab ?
    They've got an open cheque book they can do the things you said and still fix the issues in this stupid hypothesis of yours... but what we do know is that the other party doesn't care about helping vulnerable people, so what would they do that's better than the sorry state of affairs we have at the moment?

I'm not happy with how things are going at all, but the people running the UK aren't doing a better job than the ones in charge in Wales - which seems to be what one poster is suggesting.

I'd like to hear his reply if that's ok?
    You are in for a long wait

Off the political topic ,i can clearly remember having no real grub to eat on some days as a child , going to school with little to eat and begging some of my better off mate for a tomato ketchup sandwich lol.