+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another mass shooting in the US of A

Another mass shooting in the US of A

Re: Another mass shooting in the US of A

I thought they all carried guns so they could defend themselves against attackers, yet I still can't remember anyone ever retaliating at one of these mass shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought they all carried guns so they could defend themselves against attackers, yet I still can't remember anyone ever retaliating at one of these mass shootings.
    It's just game to them

Such attacks in the USA are not shocking any more. Just an ongoing pattern with no sign of ceasing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I have a pal who is an NRA member and one of his friends has a concealed carry permit. When it came time to use his weapon in anger, he shot one of his own toes off and the perp escaped. You see people with driving licenses who haven't got a bloody clue how to drive, its even worse with firearms in the states. No checks to if you're capable of using a gun, just pay your money and off you go.

Genius or halfwit, its your right to have a gun.

Given the choice, I'd rather have one than not have one. Then if you ever have to face a life and situation, you have the option to defend yourself and your family. Bare hands are not much use when your attacker has a weopon, and using nice words doesn't seem to help either.

Some kid killing people and himself because he lost a video game tornement. They can say it’s more a mental health problem than a gun problem (they still won’t regulate that anyway) but the problem with guns is they escalate everything.

Temper tantrum or a fight turns into a mass shooting. Imagine if every one here had on, there’d be a shooting in every bar every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Given the choice, I'd rather have one than not have one. Then if you ever have to face a life and situation, you have the option to defend yourself and your family. Bare hands are not much use when your attacker has a weopon, and using nice words doesn't seem to help either.
    I’m starting to think all of your posts are wind ups 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I’m starting to think all of your posts are wind ups ��
    I've lived in a country where people had guns. I never came across anybody going on a shooting spree after a few beers or because their football team lost, etc. They were used on occasion to defend against armed intruders though, when their lives were in danger.

But in America, people are going on mass shootings on a regular basis, due to how easily accessible guns are. Machine guns even.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But in America, people are going on mass shootings on a regular basis, due to how easily accessible guns are. Machine guns even.
    I'd say the criminals and the police are more trigger happy than your average Joe. I'm not saying they shouldnt be looking more closely at who gets a licence, cos clearly some people shouldn't have them.

These mass shooters are rarely criminals before the massacre. They’re weird introvert loner type. You can’t identify one. There should be a ban or at least a tighter control on guns and that’s plain to see.

I'd say the criminals and the police are more trigger happy than your average Joe. I'm not saying they shouldnt be looking more closely at who gets a licence, cos clearly some people shouldn't have them.
    The police are bound to be likely to let a few rounds off in the US compared to the UK. Over here the assumption is the person in the car is highly unlikely to have a gun, but in the US the assumption must be that the person you've pulled over is going to be armed and dangerous.

Anyone who is a biker knows that you must assume that every car driver is going to pull out in front of you, turn right without signaling when you're overtaking them, you assume they are all out to get you, because all of these things happen, and it's the same with policing in the US. As Sgt. Jablonski, Hill Street Blues used to say, "Let's do it to them before they do it to us.".

This bloke shoots through that ridiculous argument.
    https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0

I've lived in a country where people had guns. I never came across anybody going on a shooting spree after a few beers or because their football team lost, etc. They were used on occasion to defend against armed intruders though, when their lives were in danger.
    Most of us never come across anybody on a shooting spree wherever in the world we live. That is not the yardstick to be used in an intelligent debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Most of us never come across anybody on a shooting spree wherever in the world we live. That is not the yardstick to be used in an intelligent debate.
    There’s your issue with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well, a few people did get murdered, and one fella came home to find 4 blokes in his girlfriend's bedroom with a knife against her throat. You can't compare every country to Britain, it would be stupid to do so.