+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who should play up front tonight?

Who should play up front tonight?

Should we have Madine or try Zohore again - see if he can hit the back of the net.

West Brom put 4 on them and leeds 3.

Re: Who should play up front tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Should we have Madine or try Zohore again - see if he can hit the back of the net.

I'd give Zohore an hour in the hope he can bag a couple and get his confidence back. Madine could do with a decent run out after that, hopefully to finish off Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

I'd start with one or both of Madine and Ward tonight, wonder if we might see Pilkington and Tomlin play in an effort to find loan moves for them as well?

I'd give madine a game, whether zohore performs well or not, given our lack of strikers it's likely madine will get a run at some point before January. He could do with this match.

I'd also like to see Reid and Ward get some time. Just not sure where Reid fits into how we play with one striker and two wingers.

I'd like to see us go for a 4231 in some games where perhaps Reid could play in an advanced role behind the striker. It would though be sacrificing one of Ralls, arter or camarasa. Otherwise I just don't see him playing very much.

Our squad players need to be playing competitively and hit the ground running if they are called upon to play in the premiership.
    Warnock will need to have confidence in them should he be forced to change it.

Madine, Reid, Harris should all feature and I'd have Ken come off the bench if needed.

Would not surprise me to see quite a few changes, 6 or 7 with Peltier maybe Jazz and Smithies.

Heisenberg

I would hope to see something like this line up:

Smithies

Richards Peltier Connolly Cunningham

Camarasa Damour

Pilkington Reid Harris

Madine

Subs: Etheridge, Coxe, Manga, Ralls, Paterson, Ward, Zohore

Madine needs game time if there's any point in him being an option for us this season. Ward already looks like he can offer something off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would hope to see something like this line up:

Smithies

Richards Peltier Connolly Cunningham

Camarasa Damour

Pilkington Reid Harris

Madine

Subs: Etheridge, Coxe, Manga, Ralls, Paterson, Ward, Zohore

Madine needs game time if there's any point in him being an option for us this season. Ward already looks like he can offer something off the bench.
    Yeah I’d go along with that.

Heisenberg

Ooh.. I was close!