+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mendez Lang

Mendez Lang

Could be out for up to 6 months according to Terry Phillips, knee ligament damage. Cruel for him if true.

http://www.dai-sport.com/blow-bluebi...iel-collision/

Re: Mendez Lang

That's gutting, probably the only chance he'll get at this level too

Got to feel for the lad, looked a pretty innocuous challenge too. Can anyone confirm the injury replacement rule of 25 man premier squads. I'm lead to believe any club can replace a player up to 31st August, but replacement player has to be out of contract. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Could be out for up to 6 months according to Terry Phillips, knee ligament damage. Cruel for him if true.

http://www.dai-sport.com/blow-bluebi...iel-collision/
    So sorry to hear this sad news. Come on NML, be strong, as we all want to see you back playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Got to feel for the lad, looked a pretty innocuous challenge too. Can anyone confirm the injury replacement rule of 25 man premier squads. I'm lead to believe any club can replace a player up to 31st August, but replacement player has to be out of contract. Is this correct?
    or already on our books??

thought the list was submitted AFTER the window closes - no changes till January?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    thought the list was submitted AFTER the window closes - no changes till January?
    You're right.

We would likely be allowed to replace someone if they were sold before the end of the month as that would leave a space in the 25 - but why would we be allowed to replace an injured player (except a goalkeeper if no other 'first team' 'keepers are fit)?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That's gutting, probably the only chance he'll get at this level too
    That's just too cruel for words if true...

Looks as if Kadeem is going to get his chance after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're right.

We would likely be allowed to replace someone if they were sold before the end of the month as that would leave a space in the 25 - but why would we be allowed to replace an injured player (except a goalkeeper if no other 'first team' 'keepers are fit)?
    Can we sell him to Tan's Belgium Club for the season?

City do have the possibility of bringing in a free agent until 31 August so In a way if NML was going to have a bad injury now was the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    City do have the possibility of bringing in a free agent until 31 August so In a way if NML was going to have a bad injury now was the time.
    Sadly true - maybe keep Pilks but he is not in the squad tonight

Heisenberg

I give up

I give up
    My understanding is that squad numbers are released 1 Sept. Prem clubs can sign free agents up to 31 August. I see no reason therefore that NML canmot be omitted from the squad and replaced by someone from outside, although it is far more likely be someone already playing for City

Heisenberg

My understanding is that squad numbers are released 1 Sept. Prem clubs can sign free agents up to 31 August. I see no reason therefore that NML canmot be omitted from the squad and replaced by someone from outside, although it is far more likely be someone already playing for City
    * The 25-man squad lists were sent to the Premier League the day after the window shut.

* September 1st is for the finalised 25 - in case any players are sold/loaned out whilst the transfer windows for key European leagues and are still open and the players need to replaced in the squad list.

* Teams can sign free agents whenever they like - they just cannot register them in their squads outside of a transfer window.

* Unless Warnock named a 24 man squad, we don't have the capacity to add another player before the final registration deadline.

* A registered, injured player hasn't had his contract transferred to another team, so he will remain in the 25.

In summary... We cannot replace NML in the squad unless he is sold/loaned out. Penarth Blues' tongue in cheek post is actually the only likely option we would have.

* The 25-man squad lists were sent to the Premier League the day after the window shut.

* September 1st is for the finalised 25 - in case any players are sold/loaned out whilst the transfer windows for key European leagues and are still open and the players need to replaced in the squad list.

* Teams can sign free agents whenever they like - they just cannot register them in their squads outside of a transfer window.

* Unless Warnock named a 24 man squad, we don't have the capacity to add another player before the final registration deadline.

* A registered, injured player hasn't had his contract transferred to another team, so he will remain in the 25.

In summary... We cannot replace NML in the squad unless he is sold/loaned out. Penarth Blues' tongue in cheek post is actually the only likely option we would have.
    OK I stand corrected. What is our official 25 man squad?

Heisenberg

OK I stand corrected. What is our official 25 man squad?
    It won't be released until 1st September - as you know.

Have just trawled through hundreds of pages of the PL handbook it seems that they can allow changes to the squad 'in exceptional circumstances '
    Wonder if this applies to NML?

Heisenberg

Have just trawled through hundreds of pages of the PL handbook it seems that they can allow changes to the squad 'in exceptional circumstances '
    Wonder if this applies to NML?
    There's absolutely no precedent for it. Only emergency goalkeeper registrations have been allowed in the past and that's when there are no 'first team' goalkeepers available.

A winger out for 3+ months isn't exceptional by any standards.

There's absolutely no precedent for it. Only emergency goalkeeper registrations have been allowed in the past and that's when there are no 'first team' goalkeepers available.

A winger out for 3+ months isn't exceptional by any standards.
    So it's not out of the question then?

Heisenberg

So it's not out of the question then?
    If that's what you want to tell yourself - knock yourself out.

If that's what you want to tell yourself - knock yourself out.
    Thats a bit rude. Just having some banter.I was enjoying our conversation and glad that I was able to get to the bottom of this issue.

Heisenberg

Thats a bit rude. Just having some banter.I was enjoying our conversation and glad that I was able to get to the bottom of this issue.
    Sorry if that's how you took it, but can you see how it could have been annoying to spend some time explaining to someone, in detail, why something can't happen for them to just say "so it's not out of the question then?".

I wondered why I bothered.

Sorry if that's how you took it, but can you see how it could have been annoying to spend some time explaining to someone, in detail, why something can't happen for them to just say "so it's not out of the question then?".

I wondered why I bothered.
    You'll never make a teacher.

Heisenberg

You'll never make a teacher.
    That's been said many times.