+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock Out?

Warnock Out?

🤔

Re: Warnock Out?

Give it a few more games and they will start calling for his head

He needs a few more games to sort it out but if there are no signs of things improving then serious questions need to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    He needs a few more games to sort it out but if there are no signs of things improving then serious questions need to be asked.
    Tongue in cheek yeah?

Really guys? We had an amazing promotion last season against the odds and are unbeaten in our last 2 premier league games. Yes, it’s a disappointing night tonight but I guess that helps Warnock make his mind up about fringe players such as Harris, Richards, Damour Connolly etc- and Madine I think has missed his chance to have an opportunity of getting into the first XI

I'd wait until we were stuck in the bottom 3 with no likelihood of escaping. Plus a new manager couldn't bring in any new players, so Neil has got until at least January before any questions are likely be asked.

Doesn't take long does it?
    Jesus.

We lost 1-2 at home to Burton Albion at this stage last season.

I'm pretty sure the OP was joking

To be fair to Madine we didn’t exactly whip dangerous crosses into him from the byline to attack. Just aimlessly lumped it up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    🤔
    Won’t be long til the name of Big Sam is being whispered in 4 corners of the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Tongue in cheek yeah?
    Haha I am semi serious. I would give him to Christmas. If things haven't improved then serious questions would have to be asked. Always be grateful to Warnock for what he did last season but no room for sentiment. We need to survive and if he's showing no signs of doing that then we need to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    To be fair to Madine we didn’t exactly whip dangerous crosses into him from the byline to attack. Just aimlessly lumped it up to him.
    Not such a bad thing, I saw him turn with the ball tonight and he did it in instalments.

I'm happy for him to have the whole season whatever the outcome.

I think the achievements of last season have earnt him and his team that.

Joke thread though I'm sure and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not such a bad thing, I saw him turn with the ball tonight and he did it in instalments.
    He wasn’t that rapid!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Really guys? We had an amazing promotion last season against the odds and are unbeaten in our last 2 premier league games. Yes, it’s a disappointing night tonight but I guess that helps Warnock make his mind up about fringe players such as Harris, Richards, Damour Connolly etc- and Madine I think has missed his chance to have an opportunity of getting into the first XI

Yes, think tonight showed Warnock has got the vast majority of our match days squad correct as none of the fringe players enhanced their standing or put their hands up for selection on Sunday.

A really disappointing performance lacking energy and ability I'm sorry to say.

Based on what I saw today and last weekend , we had our best back 4 and keeper playing at Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Yes, think tonight showed Warnock has got the vast majority of our match days squad correct as none of the fringe players enhanced their standing or put their hands up for selection on Sunday.

A really disappointing performance lacking energy and ability I'm sorry to say.

Based on what I saw today and last weekend , we had our best back 4 and keeper playing at Huddersfield.
    It's a huge worry, if any of the starters get injured, we're ****ed. There was nothing positive about tonight, not one player looked up to it. Bobby Reid needs to show more quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a huge worry, if any of the starters get injured, we're ****ed. There was nothing positive about tonight, not one player looked up to it. Bobby Reid needs to show more quality.
    Agreed, we don't have many alternatives in the squad to our first team and Bobby Reid has been disappointing so far, especially tonight. He loses the ball too easily, lacked composure in front of goal (as on the weekend). He and a number of players were let down by their first touch too often. That said, I was pleased we signed him and think he will come good.......hopefully!

Warnock is our best asset.He is doing a great job under hugely difficult circumstances.If anyone can keep our head above water its him.
    If we fail it will not be because of lack of effort on his part.We have a fighting chance to stay up and nobody is more equipped to get the most out of our squad than him.
    its hard to believe that people can even mention removing him.
    If we were to go down I can think of nobody better to take us back up.
    Cardiff City are an ongoing project and Warnock is pushing us in the right direction,look what he has done already.
    Please get real and support rather than sniping when things get tough.

If we finished the season with 2 points I would still expect to see Neil. If your sacking hin it because he was too successful last season

Agreed, we don't have many alternatives in the squad to our first team and Bobby Reid has been disappointing so far, especially tonight. He loses the ball too easily, lacked composure in front of goal (as on the weekend). He and a number of players were let down by their first touch too often. That said, I was pleased we signed him and think he will come good.......hopefully!
    I agree with you and I think that Zohore and Ward looked ok together seems there maybe something to work with there.
    We must take into account that 90% of the team tonight have not had a competitive game this season so we have to make allowances.

I hope he’ll come good too - but there’s a worry that last season was a one off that sometimes happens with a player, he showed no sign of that sort of form in the previous seasons . I also think we’re not quite sure where best to play him, he doesn’t really seem to fit into our system of playing at the moment

Though OP is joking, but is Neil plan A and does Tan have a plan B, my view is Tan is a very successful business man, and he knows warnock s record in the prem is not great, so Tan will hold some of his money back until January and if warnock does well, he gets more money, if not new manager gets a decent amount for January, same happened to warnock at QPR, it would be a shame if he’s not given the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I agree with you and I think that Zohore and Ward looked ok together seems there maybe something to work with there.
    We must take into account that 90% of the team tonight have not had a competitive game this season so we have to make allowances.
    Yeah, fair point and I was thinking the same about Ward and Zohore. They linked up a couple of times in the brief time together and once almost led to a goal....but I cannot see them actually both starting a match anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If we finished the season with 2 points I would still expect to see Neil. If your sacking hin it because he was too successful last season
    The bean counters will have the final say, I'm sure their brief is to ensure that we remain in the Premier League next season, and beyond.