+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carabao Cup. Not bothered, let’s move on.

Carabao Cup. Not bothered, let’s move on.

Looking forward to seeing us play Arsenal on Sunday.
    I hope to see us compete, would be pleased with a point, delighted with three.

Re: Carabao Cup. Not bothered, let’s move on.

yes do agree

Absolutely.

As for the 'Warnock out' fred, whether meant as a joke or not, not even worth replying to.

Tonight was a disappointment but the cup is a distraction we can do without.

I do think we found out our squad is paper think tonight. We cannot afford any more injuries like the one to NML.
    Hopefully Junior will play Sunday.

Most of the squad last night could do a job if asked to step up because of injuries, trouble is when you throw 9 of them in together having played little competitive football in a cup the club has more or less told fans they don't care about for a while now.

Norwich probably made as many changes also but I don't think one transfer window in a higher league would suddenly mean our second string should automatically be superior to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Most of the squad last night could do a job if asked to step up because of injuries, trouble is when you throw 9 of them in together having played little competitive football in a cup the club has more or less told fans they don't care about for a while now.

Norwich probably made as many changes also but I don't think one transfer window in a higher league would suddenly mean our second string should automatically be superior to theirs.
    How about Macclesfield, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Burton?

Read your blog on last night's game, and could not agree more as to the seeming failure of the fringe players to take the opportunity to impress the manager and press for a first team spot. It is as if they know they have got no chance and are happy enough to turn up to training and go through the motions and then spend the weekend at home with the kids.

Woe betide if Connelly or Damour or Harris have to come in for injured first teamers; they would be well off the pace as what football do they actually play of any decent competitive nature?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How about Macclesfield, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Burton?
    Did all those make wholesale changes also?

No doubt in my mind that it is down to the players.
    Coaches and management can only do so much and as soon as the players cross the white line, they are powerless.

I can understand how this kind of thing happens, particularly with a so called "better" side who have a threadbare squad.

Your BIG sides like MU will have players with absolutely no chance of playing for the first team in the prem and players will give their all, but IMO it is more than fanciful to suggest our boys think that they may well get their chance and that it is not worth them competing fully against opposition, all of whom are right up for a scrap against a "top" team, for fear of injury.

You only have to look at what has happened to NM-L to see what can happen to your career after putting that extra bit in for the team.
    Players with the prospect of a scalp or something to prove, see things differently.

I am not saying it is right that players think and behave like this but in a competitive team game, all 11 need to show each other that they are up for it.
    Many of last night's players, even though they may have underperformed, will still get their chance where perhaps they should not.

You will always see upsets in cup ties and I can see this trend of us, that has been highlighted, continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

One thing I think is worth pointing out is that Norwich side had already had a game together earlier in the competition.