+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What an absolute farce.

Re: What an absolute farce.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who cares, I've just decided to give up on the club. What's the point?
    That’s up to you. I’ll keep plodding along as always.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Bed wetters. Get a grip!
    “Having a go at some of the better teams” That’s my point. We’ve not got a team good enough to have a go. We’re cannon fodder. Enjoy your excursions though��
    That’s it in a nutshell. Some people are just happy to wank off at the thought of seeing Man Utd and the likes.

If your waiting on Zahore to come good, you’d be better off getting a mega bus up to Scotland and waiting on Nessie putting in an appearance.
    My gut feeling is that you may be right, but I believe Zohore has all the physical attributes to be successful in the Premiership if he can just grow a bit stronger mentally. As a fan I hope we're both wrong and he confounds his doubters as he did in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    That’s it in a nutshell. Some people are just happy to wank off at the thought of seeing Man Utd and the likes.
    And some miserable buggers have damned us as a laughing stock 3 games in, of which we've lost 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    My gut feeling is that you may be right, but I believe Zohore has all the physical attributes to be successful in the Premiership if he can just grow a bit stronger mentally. As a fan I hope we're both wrong and he confounds his doubters as he did in the Championship.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    A point behind Man U & a better GD, level with Wolves, West ham & Huddersfield have conceded 9 goals, Burnley have conceded 7.
    We have conceded 2.
    Admittedly we haven"t played any of the "big" teams yet & we can"t score for love nor money but hey ho, it could be worse & we haven"t saddled ourselves with 100 million of spending & players on big wages should we get relegated.

oh, that's alright then

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Arsenal next up at home infront of a 30k+ home crowd. Then Chelsea and man City.

It's embarrassing really, oh how I wish we were away to County down in the proper leagues aspiring to Championship greatness, maybe a cup tie against giants Leeds.

It's an excursion if nothing else, enjoy seeing your club have a go at some of the better teams in club football and relax. Far too many bedwetters already.
    Why should that be the extent of our ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ambition is nothing to do with it, I'm sure we all have an ambition for City to play in the Champions League. It's realism, if not for a remarkable season of performances we wouldn't be here now. We could be below Brizzle, the Jacks and Leeds in the Championship.

I'd rather enjoy it than fret because one of the worst squads in the division (we know it is) is only on two points in August.

As a neutral I have a good feeling Cardiff will get something against arsenal I’m going for 1-0 to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Burnley, Spurs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras...s-8153380.html
    We'll beat Burnley. I don't see the issue 😭😂

Bed wetters. Get a grip!
    “Having a go at some of the better teams” That’s my point. We’ve not got a team good enough to have a go. We’re cannon fodder. Enjoy your excursions though👍
    Why not? We don't concede loads of goals, we've kept two clean sheets in a row. We restricted Huddersfield to one shot. We could have spent £100m like Wolves and Fulham, they've got the same number or one more point than us. We don't need to worry about the top 6 anyway, they steamroller most sides. Barring a few freak results in our favour, our survival matters on how we do vs the other 13 teams i the division.

And it's spelt Zohore and Paterson while I'm at it.

Only one thing is for certain in this league.

And that's that William Treseder is a bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Only one thing is for certain in this league.

And that's that William Treseder is a bellend.
    Is there any need for the abuse?

You were the one saying people were "wanking off" to Man Utd earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    As a neutral I have a good feeling Cardiff will get something against arsenal I’m going for 1-0 to Cardiff
    The voice of reason, I'm with you. It's probably our best opportunityagainst the weakest of the Top 6. I also think we'll get something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Who says it is? But let's be honest, for nearly every club, survival is key, especially promoted clubs. If we stay up this season, let's try and kick on but not run before we can walk. That's how you become a Leeds, Pompey etc.

The reverse snobbery around supporting a non top 6 club is pathetic too. What's wrong with looking forward to a big game or wanting to see City play against some of the best players in the league.

We are a laughing stock, and will be be till we limp out of the premier league, back into the championship.
    We’ve been invited to a party at a mansion, and turned up with half a bottle of Lambrusco.
    We’ve not even given ourselves a squeak with the squad we’ve got. Wolves and Fulham have added to their squads and both will more than likely survive, and possibly finish mid table or higher.
    Am I being negative? You bet I am.!!
    Will I carry on spending my hard earned supporting the City? You bet I will.
    Like most fans of all clubs, it’s a labour of love and we can’t kick the habit.
    Probably would agree in general. I don't go with 'enjoy the ride' sentiment, and neither do I particularly derive a lot of satisfaction from 'the club is good shape now' viewpoint. A couple of poor seasons on the pitch and that will soon evaporate.

It's irked me from the off that given an opportunity the likes of which I doubt we'll get again for a decade at least - if ever - has been handled in a pragmatic manner. Talk of bouncing back up stronger in the event of relegation was louder than 'let's do whatever we can to stay up'.

City were, and do have a problem that Wolves & Fulham don't, ie they're what you can call footballing sides which can be strengthened without impacting on their style - in other words carry on doing what they do, but better. City's style makes that difficult and they obviously need to adapt - or adopt - a slightly different playing style which would need a considerable change in playing personnel to do this. But whichever way you play you're going to have to score goals, so assuming our manager gets things right and the defence holds out and we create the odd chance, we don't have a Premiership quality striker, even a lower Prem quality, or even a Championship quality striker on our books to put those chances away. We don't even have goalscoring midfielders, and that, I fear is a problem that not even Warnock can solve - at least not until January..

No, in the same way there's no need to make threads like this when the team needs your support, not your negativity.

That wasn’t me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    No, in the same way there's no need to make threads like this when the team needs your support, not your negativity.
    I go to as many home games as I can, and to as many away games as I can. I never boo the team or shout abuse at the players during a game, I get behind them.
    This is just a message board though, where you can vent your frustrations and air your opinions.
    If you disagree, that’s your entitlement. No need for the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Probably would agree in general. I don't go with 'enjoy the ride' sentiment, and neither do I particularly derive a lot of satisfaction from 'the club is good shape now' viewpoint. A couple of poor seasons on the pitch and that will soon evaporate.

It's irked me from the off that given an opportunity the likes of which I doubt we'll get again for a decade at least - if ever - has been handled in a pragmatic manner. Talk of bouncing back up stronger in the event of relegation was louder than 'let's do whatever we can to stay up'.

City were, and do have a problem that Wolves & Fulham don't, ie they're what you can call footballing sides which can be strengthened without impacting on their style - in other words carry on doing what they do, but better. City's style makes that difficult and they obviously need to adapt - or adopt - a slightly different playing style which would need a considerable change in playing personnel to do this. But whichever way you play you're going to have to score goals, so assuming our manager gets things right and the defence holds out and we create the odd chance, we don't have a Premiership quality striker, even a lower Prem quality, or even a Championship quality striker on our books to put those chances away. We don't even have goalscoring midfielders, and that, I fear is a problem that not even Warnock can solve - at least not until January..
    You had a similar outlook last time we were in the premier league, I recall. Each to their own but if we're not back in the next decade, I think that's even more reason to chill and enjoy the big games while they're here. We will probably be relegated, it doesn't take a genius to predict, but none of us have any control over it.

I agree we should have done more in the summer, especially wrt getting a decent striker in.

That wasn’t me.
    I hardly think that's relevant

We've got an issue whereas Premier League quality strikers cost significant amounts of money. We'll have to go abroad I think. I'd have loved us to sign a striker but do have sympathies with the club, they've tried but haven't been able to get one within budget. We certainly need to beef up our overseas scouting, as we were linked to Fullkrug for £4.5m, who scored 15 Bundesliga goals last season.

If we look at the Championship top scorers, we've signed Reid, Vydra is on an absolute wedge at Burnley (and he certainly couldn't lead the line), Grabban and Clarke aren't good enough, leaving Waghorn and Assombalonga as the only other strikers in the top 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E...ip#Top_scorers

Warnock, and the team, have basically dragged us up kicking and screaming and while there's never a case of it being "too early", we've not really got a style that transpires to creating chances. I've got a great deal of sympathy for Zohore, as while he's been pretty average, you could have Drogba in his pop up there, and he'd still find it hard being as isolated as he often is.