+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What an absolute farce.

What an absolute farce.

We are a laughing stock, and will be be till we limp out of the premier league, back into the championship.
    We’ve been invited to a party at a mansion, and turned up with half a bottle of Lambrusco.
    We’ve not even given ourselves a squeak with the squad we’ve got. Wolves and Fulham have added to their squads and both will more than likely survive, and possibly finish mid table or higher.
    Am I being negative? You bet I am.!!
    Will I carry on spending my hard earned supporting the City? You bet I will.
    Like most fans of all clubs, it’s a labour of love and we can’t kick the habit.

Re: What an absolute farce.

Stop whining and enjoy the ride. We got dumped out of the cup by Burton last season.

It's pretty obvious what the club are doing, and there's no guarantee by spending 100m that we'd stay up. We've proved in the last two league games we aren't a laughing stock.

A point behind Man U & a better GD, level with Wolves, West ham & Huddersfield have conceded 9 goals, Burnley have conceded 7.
    We have conceded 2.
    Admittedly we haven"t played any of the "big" teams yet & we can"t score for love nor money but hey ho, it could be worse & we haven"t saddled ourselves with 100 million of spending & players on big wages should we get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We are a laughing stock, and will be be till we limp out of the premier league, back into the championship.
    We’ve been invited to a party at a mansion, and turned up with half a bottle of Lambrusco.
    We’ve not even given ourselves a squeak with the squad we’ve got. Wolves and Fulham have added to their squads and both will more than likely survive, and possibly finish mid table or higher.
    Am I being negative? You bet I am.!!
    Will I carry on spending my hard earned supporting the City? You bet I will.
    Like most fans of all clubs, it’s a labour of love and we can’t kick the habit.
    If this is you supporting after 1 loss in the first 3 games I'd hate to see you turn on the team

In fairness there’s no enjoyment in this ride at the moment.

Absolutely ridiculous post. Gotta be a WUM.

Poor WUM or the laughing stock is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    In fairness there’s no enjoyment in this ride at the moment.
    What exactly where you expecting or hoping for? Have you seen our next five fixtures? Better find something else to do for the next month

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    A point behind Man U & a better GD, level with Wolves, West ham & Huddersfield have conceded 9 goals, Burnley have conceded 7.
    We have conceded 2.
    Admittedly we haven"t played any of the "big" teams yet & we can"t score for love nor money but hey ho, it could be worse & we haven"t saddled ourselves with 100 million of spending & players on big wages should we get relegated.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What exactly where you expecting or hoping for? Have you seen our next five fixtures? Better find something else to do for the next month

Or we've gatecrashed the party - will drink all their beer, break a few things, have a bloody good laugh before being thrown out

Enjoy the ride - ignore MOTD pundits comments, Sky Sports analysis and talksport - they have absolutely no interest in us whatsoever so I have none in them. If you listen to that shite you'll be forming opinions like you currently have - They are only interested in the top 6 and will look down on ALL the others.

If you want their sanctimonious approval I'm sorry you're supporting the wrong club

So what if we are in the championship - I love a bit of Tuesday night football

But disappointed that the fringe players didn’t show anything to warrant a potential call up to the first team but happy we’re out of the cup we don’t need any cup runs this season

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Or we've gatecrashed the party - will drink all their beer, break a few things, have a bloody good laugh before being thrown out

Enjoy the ride - ignore MOTD pundits comments, Sky Sports analysis and talksport - they have absolutely no interest in us whatsoever so I have none in them. If you listen to that shite you'll be forming opinions like you currently have - They are only interested in the top 6 and will look down on ALL the others.

If you want their sanctimonious approval I'm sorry you're supporting the wrong club

Is the right answer

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    But disappointed that the fringe players didn’t show anything to warrant a potential call up to the first team but happy we’re out of the cup we don’t need any cup runs this season
    I’ve been disappointed with this for the last 10 seasons in fairness. It’s alwayd the same with the league cup. I expect a few fringe or young players to do well and we always just seem to be completely shite.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm old enough now to know that you never judge a player on a few games with players he hasn't played with for a while. Last night was all about players getting some of the rust out of their system. Some will have done it better than others.

We do not have any 'bad' players in our squad but they will all need to get their confidence up before they can show what they are really capable of. I think our settled defence is showing what it can do already - we just need the midfield and attack to get to know each other better now. Don't forget Arter and Camarasa only arrived a few weeks ago.

I'm still hopeful Zohore will finally get angry and show what he can do, rather than be awestruck as he seems to be now. He needs to speed his game up and realise he'll get no time on the ball before that will happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    We have conceded 2.
    Not much to add to this , well positioned reply .

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

That all sounds very laddish and cavalier, and if that’s all your in it for then good on you.
    You’ve also assumed to enhance your view that I listen to the opinions of pundits.
    My opinions are based on what I see with my own eyes.
    I’m an Ely boy whose been going down the City since the late 70’s, so I’ve seen it all and have never expected any glory in my lifetime.
    What I do expect from the club though, is to give us a fighting chance now that we’ve miraculously reached the pinnacle, and to at least try to stay there and try to improve further.
    We’ll soon see the longer this season goes on, and the more we get humbled, how many on here still have your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was hoping for at least a spark that could show we could put up a fight.

I haven’t seen the next fixtures? Who’ve we got?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Burnley, Spurs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras...s-8153380.html

Arsenal next up at home infront of a 30k+ home crowd. Then Chelsea and man City.

It's embarrassing really, oh how I wish we were away to County down in the proper leagues aspiring to Championship greatness, maybe a cup tie against giants Leeds.

It's an excursion if nothing else, enjoy seeing your club have a go at some of the better teams in club football and relax. Far too many bedwetters already.

Who cares, I've just decided to give up on the club. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Arsenal next up at home infront of a 30k+ home crowd. Then Chelsea and man City.

It's embarrassing really, oh how I wish we were away to County down in the proper leagues aspiring to Championship greatness, maybe a cup tie against giants Leeds.

It's an excursion if nothing else, enjoy seeing your club have a go at some of the better teams in club football and relax. Far too many bedwetters already.
    Bed wetters. Get a grip!
    “Having a go at some of the better teams” That’s my point. We’ve not got a team good enough to have a go. We’re cannon fodder. Enjoy your excursions though👍

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm old enough now to know that you never judge a player on a few games with players he hasn't played with for a while. Last night was all about players getting some of the rust out of their system. Some will have done it better than others.

We do not have any 'bad' players in our squad but they will all need to get their confidence up before they can show what they are really capable of. I think our settled defence is showing what it can do already - we just need the midfield and attack to get to know each other better now. Don't forget Arter and Camarasa only arrived a few weeks ago.

I'm still hopeful Zohore will finally get angry and show what he can do, rather than be awestruck as he seems to be now. He needs to speed his game up and realise he'll get no time on the ball before that will happen though.
    If your waiting on Zahore to come good, you’d be better off getting a mega bus up to Scotland and waiting on Nessie putting in an appearance.

Bed wetters. Get a grip!
    “Having a go at some of the better teams” That’s my point. We’ve not got a team good enough to have a go. We’re cannon fodder. Enjoy your excursions though��
    It's funny, because there aren't too many from last night who'll be in from the start on Sunday, but, even so, I'm a quite a bit more inclined to agree with you after the Norwich match.

Bed wetters. Get a grip!
    “Having a go at some of the better teams” That’s my point. We’ve not got a team good enough to have a go. We’re cannon fodder. Enjoy your excursions though👍
    Maybe we should have spent another 50m to be slightly more elegant cannon fodder.

It's 3 league games in ffs.

I will mate, not sure what enjoyment you could possibly have gotten out of Cardiff City since the "70s" given your rant but I do hope you're able to find it again.