+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone moaning about our start to the season and Warnock is pathetic IMO

SuperBluebirds91

Anyone moaning about our start to the season and Warnock is pathetic IMO

Yes I acknowledge that everyone’s entitled to their opinions and most people are fully behind the manager and team but there’s always a few idiots out there whinging and whining as soon as a few things don’t go our way! Have you realised that we aren’t Man City or Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool...we aren’t a giant and are a small club from the championship who’s been in the PL for one whole season in 50 odd years! We haven’t the funds and we have to make do with what we have, it’s not going to be pretty football with wins or draws every week, it’s going to be scrapping points where we can with hopefully a few upsets along the way. We look like we were going down a couple of years ago pre Warnock and he’s turned this club around. Let alone against all the odds got us promoted. Seeing people on both messageboard with titles like very concerned, a disgrace, shambles or whatever similar is a disgrace in itself. These people who are making these comments...just out of interest were you there and attend most of the matches after our last relegation? Did you sit tight and ride the rough waves during the rebrand but still attend no matter what, we’re you in attendance for say all home matches and many aways since Warnock has been here? I’d be surprised if you were because you’d see how far we’ve come and the struggles we had previous. We are in the PL and favourites to go down, we may survive but they are going to need everyone behind us, not throwing toys out of the pram. We’ve played 3 lost 1 and drawn 2. We aren’t getting hammered either. For goodness sake just enjoy it otherwise before u know it we will be down in the championship or lower again and then you’ll really have something to complain about.

Re: Anyone moaning about our start to the season and Warnock is pathetic IMO

The capitulation from some posters does all seem a little premature but we all care and support in our own way. For some, they have to be negative to cope with the disappointment. Others just enjoy winding people up.

Either way, our experiences and approaches to what is likely to be a difficult season results wise are all very personal. I'm just pleased people care enough to get passionate about the results - either way.

Good post. 3 games in. Get behind the team.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Yes I acknowledge that everyone’s entitled to their opinions and most people are fully behind the manager and team but there’s always a few idiots out there whinging and whining as soon as a few things don’t go our way! Have you realised that we aren’t Man City or Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool...we aren’t a giant and are a small club from the championship who’s been in the PL for one whole season in 50 odd years! We haven’t the funds and we have to make do with what we have, it’s not going to be pretty football with wins or draws every week, it’s going to be scrapping points where we can with hopefully a few upsets along the way. We look like we were going down a couple of years ago pre Warnock and he’s turned this club around. Let alone against all the odds got us promoted. Seeing people on both messageboard with titles like very concerned, a disgrace, shambles or whatever similar is a disgrace in itself. These people who are making these comments...just out of interest were you there and attend most of the matches after our last relegation? Did you sit tight and ride the rough waves during the rebrand but still attend no matter what, we’re you in attendance for say all home matches and many aways since Warnock has been here? I’d be surprised if you were because you’d see how far we’ve come and the struggles we had previous. We are in the PL and favourites to go down, we may survive but they are going to need everyone behind us, not throwing toys out of the pram. We’ve played 3 lost 1 and drawn 2. We aren’t getting hammered either. For goodness sake just enjoy it otherwise before u know it we will be down in the championship or lower again and then you’ll really have something to complain about.

I agree in the context that probably the majority of the moaners are passionate fans but this passion comes out in different ways. It’s just that we don’t want to all hear it as it brings the rest of us down. There’s someone who sits near me at matches and again, probably a life long raging city fan but the problem is they give a running commentary of the match out loud and most of its negative, you never hear them when good things are going on and it drives me mad. It’s like I want to sit there in my own thoughts of the game and not have this one toned voice going on all the time. I know we all have a moan from time to time on here and we are bound to....any football fan would through disappointment etc but perhaps if it could be just toned down abit there would be a much better feel about the place. People can still make the same point but perhaps in less whiny way. Anyways rant over otherwise next thing I’ll look like I’m moaning lol. Onwards to Arsenal!

Nice post, but absolutely nothing to do with what went on last night, and I haven't seen anyone being negative on here. The game last night was important, people saying that it was just the cup are either missing the point or refusing to deal with the real issue. Forget the competition, last nights game was a top level reserve game, a game where the majority of those players will almost certainly get a sniff at Premier league football this season, I can't think of one player out there who will not be given a chance this season, that's quite remarkable at this level. The concern is that not one of them turned up. The poor display can be forgiven, but individuals who look lost, a yard slower in possession, unfit- Richards, Peltier, Camarasa-and absolutely no quality on the ball is a worry in my opinion. That was awful last night and on that display wouldn't trust any of those players to fit into the match day team-Manga excluded. So, we can bang on about the past, talk of miracles gone by, that's in the past, and i'm pretty sure Warnock and his staff will be feeling the same way.

Agree, some people just can't cope. Not sure what some really expected this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nice post, but absolutely nothing to do with what went on last night, and I haven't seen anyone being negative on here. The game last night was important, people saying that it was just the cup are either missing the point or refusing to deal with the real issue. Forget the competition, last nights game was a top level reserve game, a game where the majority of those players will almost certainly get a sniff at Premier league football this season, I can't think of one player out there who will not be given a chance this season, that's quite remarkable at this level. The concern is that not one of them turned up. The poor display can be forgiven, but individuals who look lost, a yard slower in possession, unfit- Richards, Peltier, Camarasa-and absolutely no quality on the ball is a worry in my opinion. That was awful last night and on that display wouldn't trust any of those players to fit into the match day team-Manga excluded. So, we can bang on about the past, talk of miracles gone by, that's in the past, and i'm pretty sure Warnock and his staff will be feeling the same way.
    Apologies-Didn't see William Treseder's post-Which I think is negative and not constructive.

I am behind the team. I'll watch every game and I want us to win every game. However, I am of the opinion that the squad is not good enough for the EPL. And I think the club has wasted an opportunity by not preparing properly. It's neither negative nor positive. It's just what I think. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it and I'm entitled to voice it on this forum.

Why should I pretend to think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I am behind the team. I'll watch every game and I want us to win every game. However, I am of the opinion that the squad is not good enough for the EPL. And I think the club has wasted an opportunity by not preparing properly. It's neither negative nor positive. It's just what I think. It's my opinion, I'm entitled to it and I'm entitled to voice it on this forum.

Why should I pretend to think otherwise?
    Why do you think you're the only one who thinks that. The majority of this board thinks exactly that and has said as much, it doesn't mean constant moaning and wanting the manager sacked is the answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do you think you're the only one who thinks that. The majority of this board thinks exactly that and has said as much, it doesn't mean constant moaning and wanting the manager sacked is the answer though.
    So you're moaning about moaning?

Where have I said I'm the only one that thinks that? This is a football messageboard. Its ONLY purpose is to let people have their say. People have been talking bollocks on here for years, why would you expect anything different now? Why do people have such a problem with dissenting opinions anyway? It was the same with the red, "get over it", "move on" etc. Just let people have their say.

If I say "we're going down" but you say "we're staying up", why should anyone care? What difference will it make to anything that I am of the opinion we are not equipped to survive at this level but you think otherwise?

You’re missing the point massively as usual. All he’s saying is there no need for this over reaction, we know what level the squad is at, having a fit after every loss is just ridiculous.

You’re missing the point massively as usual. All he’s saying is there no need for this over reaction, we know what level the squad is at, having a fit after every loss is just ridiculous.
    He's not saying that. He's telling people how to think and how to feel.

And what's with all this "get behind the team" nonsense? Everyone's behind the team, that's why we come here. The team has my full support, it always has and it always will. I'd be overjoyed if we could just finish 17th, I just don't think we will.

And what's with all this "get behind the team" nonsense? Everyone's behind the team, that's why we come here. The team has my full support, it always has and it always will. I'd be overjoyed if we could just finish 17th, I just don't think we will.
    Fair enough mate. You're not being fatalist or nasty, just an observation based on what you've seen. Problem is that some people get a bit emotive if they read or hear something they don't agree with, which leads to things being said that have no bearing on the point you or someone else have made, rather than deal with the subject at hand, they deflect it by saying things like 'Negative' Miserable' 'There's starving kids in Africa' None of it really matters though!

To be fair 99% of people do not think we will realistically stay up either, it is not a massive problem if we get relegated mate, we will still be a million times better of because of it. So no need to get upset about it, the team are working hard I have enjoyed our league performances so far this season, just chill and we will have another exciting season in the championship next season, with a much more financially stable club :)

I was going to moan about the people moaning about the moaners. But I thought better of it.

Moaning about moaners

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Good post. 3 games in. Get behind the team.
    Exactly. Far too early to write the team off.
    I mean there’s Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Burnley and Tottenham coming now.

That just speaks points galore for a team of Championship quality players.

What’s the odds you’ll still have 2 points after this run?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Exactly. Far too early to write the team off.
    I mean there’s Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Burnley and Tottenham coming now.

That just speaks points galore for a team of Championship quality players.

What’s the odds you’ll still have 2 points after this run?
    What’s the odds you’ll still be in the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Agree, some people just can't cope. Not sure what some really expected this season.
    I can suggest a remedy ,alcohol. 😉

SuperBluebirds91

To be fair most of the negativity I’ve seen has been on the other messageboard but also some on here too. Im not saying never be negative, but I guess it’s all in the way it’s done.

What’s the odds you’ll still be in the championship?
    Same as the odds you will be in it next year.
    **** me at least Fulham had a go with the players brought in.

Hoilett, Bobby Reid, Arter and the goalkeeper.
    Thats the only half decent quality you have.

I mean **** me you played a big hoofball merchant like Bamba in midfield v Bournemouth.

Classic Warnock. That man should be banned for the continuous shit he serves up.

I see you don’t understand how odds work.

SuperBluebirds91

I’m not saying poll aren’t entitled to their opinion mate and are allowed to voice it. I’m also not telling people what to do, I’m just saying that for example, we have a loss for example and the over reaction is ridiculous (I’m not referring to you doing this personally, just others I’ve seen). For example Arsenal on Sunday, I doubt very much we will get anything from the game, and if we lose I wouldn’t be surprised to log on and see headings such as MASSIVE CONCERN or WARNOCKS TEAM SELECTION A DISGRACE. These at just examples but it just feels like a massive reaction and sometimes some positivity even if we are doomed is good for moral amongst fans. They’ll be times when we get really down......that’s fine but not after every loss or draw at the moment. I never said you weren’t behind the team or have moaned about anything, like I said to be honest it’s more on the other board but some on here too.

Apologies-Didn't see William Treseder's post-Which I think is negative and not constructive.
    My thread was about as negative as the team.
    Can’t believe how many on here are willing to just except it because we did well to go up.
    I’m not wanting Tan to spend hundreds of millions, but for **** sake Bobby Reid??
    You’ve got to give yourself a glimmer of a chance, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My thread was about as negative as the team.
    Can’t believe how many on here are willing to just except it because we did well to go up.
    I’m not wanting Tan to spend hundreds of millions, but for **** sake Bobby Reid??
    You’ve got to give yourself a glimmer of a chance, surely?
    I honestly think that Warnock was aiming for better players but they either didn't want to come here (Wales/Cardiff/NW reputation) or wanted too much money to come. Also, the Club said we spent over £40M this Summer, not £24M. I assume they are including additional wages and agents fees in that figure.

It's a very difficult balancing act to manage, trying to improve the squad over a few weeks, whilst acknowledging we're going to have to make changes in stages and that this first one will be the hardest to do.

Wolves are a weird Club to compare against, as they are gaming the rules in a way that few could do, whilst I have no idea how Fulham are affording their spending spree if they go down. I assume they are hoping the players are still worth a bit of money, but they have wages, etc to pay on top of their fees as well. FFP is going to be interesting for them for sure...