+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone moaning about our start to the season and Warnock is pathetic IMO

Re: Anyone moaning about our start to the season and Warnock is pathetic IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Exactly. Far too early to write the team off.
    I mean there’s Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Burnley and Tottenham coming now.

That just speaks points galore for a team of Championship quality players.

What’s the odds you’ll still have 2 points after this run?
    I'll say it again, since you seem to be a completely dense plank of wood, our players are Premier League players. You can throw your toys out of the pram and cry all you like. But they are officially Premier League players playing for a Premier League team.

If that's not the case next season, so be it, but currently you're going to have to deal with it, you sausage.

Same as the odds you will be in it next year.
    **** me at least Fulham had a go with the players brought in.

Hoilett, Bobby Reid, Arter and the goalkeeper.
    Thats the only half decent quality you have.

I mean **** me you played a big hoofball merchant like Bamba in midfield v Bournemouth.

Classic Warnock. That man should be banned for the continuous shit he serves up.
    I would rather have Warnock than that dwarf you have for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I honestly think that Warnock was aiming for better players but they either didn't want to come here (Wales/Cardiff/NW reputation) or wanted too much money to come. Also, the Club said we spent over £40M this Summer, not £24M. I assume they are including additional wages and agents fees in that figure.

It's a very difficult balancing act to manage, trying to improve the squad over a few weeks, whilst acknowledging we're going to have to make changes in stages and that this first one will be the hardest to do.

Wolves are a weird Club to compare against, as they are gaming the rules in a way that few could do, whilst I have no idea how Fulham are affording their spending spree if they go down. I assume they are hoping the players are still worth a bit of money, but they have wages, etc to pay on top of their fees as well. FFP is going to be interesting for them for sure...
    Obviously nobody can predict the future, but you can have an educated guess given what you’ve got to go on. Fulham have gambled, but I think they will stay up comfortably.
    I so want to be wrong about us and have it shoved down my throat if we stay up, but I see absolutely nothing but certain relegation with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My thread was about as negative as the team.
    Can’t believe how many on here are willing to just except it because we did well to go up.
    I’m not wanting Tan to spend hundreds of millions, but for **** sake Bobby Reid??
    You’ve got to give yourself a glimmer of a chance, surely?
    And I kind of agree with you, see my post earlier in the thread, it's just that I thought that you didn't add anything constructive, which I suppose is difficult after last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nice post, but absolutely nothing to do with what went on last night, and I haven't seen anyone being negative on here. The game last night was important, people saying that it was just the cup are either missing the point or refusing to deal with the real issue. Forget the competition, last nights game was a top level reserve game, a game where the majority of those players will almost certainly get a sniff at Premier league football this season, I can't think of one player out there who will not be given a chance this season, that's quite remarkable at this level. The concern is that not one of them turned up. The poor display can be forgiven, but individuals who look lost, a yard slower in possession, unfit- Richards, Peltier, Camarasa-and absolutely no quality on the ball is a worry in my opinion. That was awful last night and on that display wouldn't trust any of those players to fit into the match day team-Manga excluded. So, we can bang on about the past, talk of miracles gone by, that's in the past, and i'm pretty sure Warnock and his staff will be feeling the same way.
    I agree with you - I think last night was easily the most concerning match we've played so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I honestly think that Warnock was aiming for better players but they either didn't want to come here (Wales/Cardiff/NW reputation) or wanted too much money to come. Also, the Club said we spent over £40M this Summer, not £24M. I assume they are including additional wages and agents fees in that figure.

It's a very difficult balancing act to manage, trying to improve the squad over a few weeks, whilst acknowledging we're going to have to make changes in stages and that this first one will be the hardest to do.

Wolves are a weird Club to compare against, as they are gaming the rules in a way that few could do, whilst I have no idea how Fulham are affording their spending spree if they go down. I assume they are hoping the players are still worth a bit of money, but they have wages, etc to pay on top of their fees as well. FFP is going to be interesting for them for sure...
    If they are, then, surely, we must be well within the FFP (or whatever it's called these days) limits?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If they are, then, surely, we must be well within the FFP (or whatever it's called these days) limits?
    Not sure as it doesn't include the rest of the players salaries, etc. I'm assuming that we're budgetting on spending the whole TV income and hoping to reduce debts with anything else we bring in on top of that. Don't forget Madine would have cost us another few million once we were promoted, and I'm sure there are other outgoings still hanging over us.

There is no doubt we are aiming to make a profit from this season though, and I don't blame VT at all for trying to reduce some of the debt we owe him. Let's just hope we've got the balance right.

Other clubs will have more lucrative revenue streams than ours e.g. catering, shirt sales, stadium naming rights, etc but I'm still intrigued as to where Wolves and Fulham are going to get their income from. If they've both spent around £100M on transfers and likely another £80 - £100M on wages then I guess they're amortising this over a number of years to try and keep outgoings to around £130 - 150M/year. Still raises huge questions re FFP...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    Yes I acknowledge that everyone’s entitled to their opinions and most people are fully behind the manager and team but there’s always a few idiots out there whinging and whining as soon as a few things don’t go our way! Have you realised that we aren’t Man City or Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool...we aren’t a giant and are a small club from the championship who’s been in the PL for one whole season in 50 odd years! We haven’t the funds and we have to make do with what we have, it’s not going to be pretty football with wins or draws every week, it’s going to be scrapping points where we can with hopefully a few upsets along the way. We look like we were going down a couple of years ago pre Warnock and he’s turned this club around. Let alone against all the odds got us promoted. Seeing people on both messageboard with titles like very concerned, a disgrace, shambles or whatever similar is a disgrace in itself. These people who are making these comments...just out of interest were you there and attend most of the matches after our last relegation? Did you sit tight and ride the rough waves during the rebrand but still attend no matter what, we’re you in attendance for say all home matches and many aways since Warnock has been here? I’d be surprised if you were because you’d see how far we’ve come and the struggles we had previous. We are in the PL and favourites to go down, we may survive but they are going to need everyone behind us, not throwing toys out of the pram. We’ve played 3 lost 1 and drawn 2. We aren’t getting hammered either. For goodness sake just enjoy it otherwise before u know it we will be down in the championship or lower again and then you’ll really have something to complain about.
    We are not a small club. Morecambe and Stevenage are examples of small clubs, we are a medium-size club, I would say bigger than 5-6 other current Premier League teams.

There's too many people saying that we'll be in a strong position if we were to go down. The only problem there is, that in the process of getting relegated, certain players will have had their reputations damaged beyond repair, other players will have had their confidence knocked out of them, they won't be the same players they were last time in the Championship. Those players were the ones who fought tooth & nail to get us into the Premier League in the first place, naturally, they wanted to test themselves against the best, however, they'll know themselves that they're simply not Premier League standard, therefore, how could they motivate themselves to give it another go knowing they'd be discarded if we did get back to the top flight?

If we get relegated, and of course I hope that doesn't happen, Warnock would have to stand down (that's if he hadn't already been sacked). There would be no way forward for him with us in the Championship. Even if he did the unthinkable and got us promoted a second time (his 9th promotion?) he'd be viewed as damaged goods for the Premier League and there would be little faith that he could improve upon previous stints there.

As for "enjoying the ride" ... there's not a team in Premier League history whose fans have enjoyed the experience of relegation - our fans will be no different and why should they be?

Same as the odds you will be in it next year.
    **** me at least Fulham had a go with the players brought in.

Hoilett, Bobby Reid, Arter and the goalkeeper.
    Thats the only half decent quality you have.

I mean **** me you played a big hoofball merchant like Bamba in midfield v Bournemouth.

Classic Warnock. That man should be banned for the continuous shit he serves up.
    Same odds presumably means you don't think brizzle will be promoted. You're a silly man.

Yes I acknowledge that everyone’s entitled to their opinions and most people are fully behind the manager and team but there’s always a few idiots out there whinging and whining as soon as a few things don’t go our way! Have you realised that we aren’t Man City or Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool...we aren’t a giant and are a small club from the championship who’s been in the PL for one whole season in 50 odd years! We haven’t the funds and we have to make do with what we have, it’s not going to be pretty football with wins or draws every week, it’s going to be scrapping points where we can with hopefully a few upsets along the way. We look like we were going down a couple of years ago pre Warnock and he’s turned this club around. Let alone against all the odds got us promoted. Seeing people on both messageboard with titles like very concerned, a disgrace, shambles or whatever similar is a disgrace in itself. These people who are making these comments...just out of interest were you there and attend most of the matches after our last relegation? Did you sit tight and ride the rough waves during the rebrand but still attend no matter what, we’re you in attendance for say all home matches and many aways since Warnock has been here? I’d be surprised if you were because you’d see how far we’ve come and the struggles we had previous. We are in the PL and favourites to go down, we may survive but they are going to need everyone behind us, not throwing toys out of the pram. We’ve played 3 lost 1 and drawn 2. We aren’t getting hammered either. For goodness sake just enjoy it otherwise before u know it we will be down in the championship or lower again and then you’ll really have something to complain about.
    Should’ve signed Sam Vokes or Jon Walters. Then we could genuinely enjoy it. Not just talk.

Is that “moaning” or is that an acceptable opinion? Oh god I hope so, I’d just hate to offend any of you guys.

If we'd signed Jon Walters I'd be moaning more

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    As for "enjoying the ride" ... there's not a team in Premier League history whose fans have enjoyed the experience of relegation - our fans will be no different and why should they be?
    No one enjoys relegation but we are 3 games in and some are already raising the white flag and panicking.

The next 3 games are the sort of match ups I would have loved to have seen us have as a kid. The sort of matches many clubs fans dream of for one offs in the FA Cup. Some clubs stay in league 1 or 2 for 15 years with little excitement. I think whatever has happened over the last 20 years I've hardly been bored.

I don't see why we can't upset some of the bigger teams and really why we can't stay up.

If people can't enjoy the season in the top flight because we don't have as good a team as others then I'm not sure what enjoyment they would get from following this club. Maybe better if next time we are lucky enough to get promotion we just say no thanks give it to Bristol city.

I agree with you - I think last night was easily the most concerning match we've played so far.
    You probably said that last season as well, when we played a reserve side and were knocked out by Burton. Look what happened after that. What happened on Tuesday night has absolutely no bearing on the rest of the league season at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You probably said that last season as well, when we played a reserve side and were knocked out by Burton. Look what happened after that. What happened on Tuesday night has absolutely no bearing on the rest of the league season at all.
    What happened last season has absolutely no bearing on what happens this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So we got promoted because we lost to Burton in the League Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    We are not a small club. Morecambe and Stevenage are examples of small clubs, we are a medium-size club, I would say bigger than 5-6 other current Premier League teams.

There's too many people saying that we'll be in a strong position if we were to go down. The only problem there is, that in the process of getting relegated, certain players will have had their reputations damaged beyond repair, other players will have had their confidence knocked out of them, they won't be the same players they were last time in the Championship. Those players were the ones who fought tooth & nail to get us into the Premier League in the first place, naturally, they wanted to test themselves against the best, however, they'll know themselves that they're simply not Premier League standard, therefore, how could they motivate themselves to give it another go knowing they'd be discarded if we did get back to the top flight?

If we get relegated, and of course I hope that doesn't happen, Warnock would have to stand down (that's if he hadn't already been sacked). There would be no way forward for him with us in the Championship. Even if he did the unthinkable and got us promoted a second time (his 9th promotion?) he'd be viewed as damaged goods for the Premier League and there would be little faith that he could improve upon previous stints there.

I would add that if we go down, any players who do well in the Premier League this season will, almost certainly, not be at the club for 18/19.

I agree with you about "enjoying the ride", let's see how many are saying that in March if the season is going as badly as most pundits think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My thread was about as negative as the team.
    Can’t believe how many on here are willing to just except it because we did well to go up.
    I’m not wanting Tan to spend hundreds of millions, but for **** sake Bobby Reid??
    You’ve got to give yourself a glimmer of a chance, surely?
    I see absolutely no reason to be negative about Reid. What I've seen of him he looks a quality addition. Warnock needs to play him more.

I agree with you about "enjoying the ride", let's see how many are saying that in March if the season is going as badly as most pundits think it will.
    ‘Because sometimes even if you know how something’s gonna end that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride.’
    — Ted, Season 2 How I met your mother, Episode 14

I would add that if we go down, any players who do well in the Premier League this season will, almost certainly, not be at the club for 18/19.

Yes, I should have also added that. Even a relegated side will have a player or two who will have acquited themselves well and won't want to drop down to the Championship.

You're right to be positive but there is a question mark hanging over our pre-season preparation. Bournemouth for instance had played against senior level teams in theirs, while we were playing village teams. That's no way to prepare for life in the Prem. Maybe what we're seeing now is the pre-season we should have had so things will improve once they're over the hump. Bring it on anyway.

Wolves did post a profit recently, the only team in the Champ to do so I believe, and have been checked out by the EFL who say there's no problem with their spending. If we can make a healthy profit this season then we'll get FFP off our backs for a good while at least and even if relegated will be in good shape and competitive to do it again. Last thing we want but the future security of the club must come before the Prem.