+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing idea.

Re: Amazing idea.

Not sure either Vokes or Walters would be the answer, but one thing both those players have is an element of controlled aggression, it can be an asset for teams like us, certainly at this level where we have to compensate for a lack of quality. Zohore doesn't seem to have that trait, he's big and strong but doesn't have that bit of a nasty side to his playing style that can really worry defenders and pull them into a personal battle. I think that if Ken could learn how to bully defenders a bit, it would serve us well. I just don't think that he has that characteristic, and I don't think it can be taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It’s your use of sentences like “what are you on” and “you’re clutching at straws” that are unnecessarily confrontational. It sounds like you want to end every point/post you make with a Trumpesque catchy put down. You could forego those sentences and you’d sound like a more normal person.

If you’re open to other points of view I’d counter your ‘more creativity’ argument with a couple of ideas. First, I think that between Mendez-Lang, Murphy, Paterson, Gunnarrson, Hoilett, Camarasa, Arter and Reid we have players who are either tricky, fast or know how to pass the ball. Whilst we could maybe do with a Whittingham type player I think there are enough players there to create SOME chances. Would you not feel better if we had someone like Vokes or Long (or maybe both ) in the squad? If you compare our midfield options with our options up front I just think that beyond KZ we have nobody who can fit into the role and cause problems for the opposition. Madine? Ward? Reid as a lone striker? Completely unconvincing at this level.

Can you imagine the type if impact it could have on the game and the crowd if we could bring Vokes on at 60 minutes, or have a fresh KZ smashing it for the last 25. Rotating between Vokes, Long and Zohore would pose loads more questions and give a lot extra bite up front. Whether you find it a bit of nothing point as well, I think that Vokes playing in Wales the CCS could work in terms of the realtionship he has with the fans and the familiarty of surroundings too. I’d even say that someone like Long would embrace the atmosphere we can generate at home games.

Now, whether or not getting that calibre of player is beyond our financial scope or reputation I don’t know. I don’t think they are the type of players who would command huge fees or wages and I think a starting role at a club like Cardiff City could be attractive to either.
    If I didn’t think you were talking utter bollocks then maybe I’d change my tune. I find your comments generally both negative and unfortunately out of touch which means I have little respect for your football opinion

Don’t be offended though, it’s only my view versus yours

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If I didn’t think you were talking utter bollocks then maybe I’d change my tune. I find your comments generally both negative and unfortunately out of touch which means I have little respect for your football opinion

Don’t be offended though, it’s only my view versus yours
    Not offended, my view is also that I talk utter bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Not offended, my view is also that I talk utter bollocks.
    Fair do’s

Now kiss