+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England v India 4th Test

England v India 4th Test

Having got themselves back into the series at 2-1, India have stolen the initiative in the first hour with England struggling at 29-3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO42377

Re: England v India 4th Test

Pathetic, the same people failing every time, who is there to replace them though?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Having got themselves back into the series at 2-1, India have stolen the initiative in the first hour with England struggling at 29-3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO42377
    Just as I predicted

Cook has been a great player and probably the only batter who can stay at the crease without getting twitchy fingers to hit it for 6 but he's way past it now and needs to feck off! The eccb has become a bit of a joke where only certain mates can play and no one else is invited no matter how good they're doing at county level putting stokes straight back in was ridiculous and picking Rashid is just a joke why wouldnt all the best talent piss off to India or Australia

One positive to cone from this series is Sam Curran what a prospect ,with him and Stokes we could have two world class all rounders in the team,which is unusual for is its usually one in a generation .

Our biggest problem is we don't breed or seem to teach or deploy opening bat skills, where are those prospects, the short game us killing that skill in my view ,everywhere and perhaps we are finding that out quicker than most,could Bairstow or Root adapt into that role, provide something better or different from what we have now ,we then accommodate Stokes , Curran and perhaps another all rounder ?

Did anyone see the pathetic four overs Anderson and Broad bowled to the India openers yesterday evening? England are a very inconsistent test side because of their completely unreliable top order batting, but, for two great bowlers, Anderson and Broad can be very innocuous with the new ball at times - last night Broad was bowling wides and Anderson a series of deliveries that the batsmen could comfortably leave go - not only that, England dawdled about the place so slowly that India only had to face twenty four deliveries when it could and should have been thirty six.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did anyone see the pathetic four overs Anderson and Broad bowled to the India openers yesterday evening? England are a very inconsistent test side because of their completely unreliable top order batting, but, for two great bowlers, Anderson and Broad can be very innocuous with the new ball at times - last night Broad was bowling wides and Anderson a series of deliveries that the batsmen could comfortably leave go - not only that, England dawdled about the place so slowly that India only had to face twenty four deliveries when it could and should have been thirty six.
    Yes it was poor I sometimes wonder about thier own motivation,or as they age they are unable to sustain top level bowling game after game , their bodies must wear down and recover slower ,which perhaps the case for Cooke ??

It reminds me of the ageing Welsh and Irish rugby teams back in thd day where they held onto the big names far too long .

What a spell from Moeen. 4 wickets in 16 balls, single handedly got England back in the game.

Hellva of a series really entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hellva of a series really entertaining.
    Agree. This last wicket pairing could be costly for England.
    Pujara great knock.

Kohli gone! Advantage England?

Having turned the cricket on after the City game, I expected India to have collapsed after being 22 for 3 but 100 partnership swung the game back in India's favour.

Nicely poised this one and anyone's game now.

England doing better than I predicted India should win .. maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    England doing better than I predicted India should win .. maybe!
    India were never going to chase down 245 on that dustbown with variable bounce.