+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spending over 10 pound shopping

Re: Spending over 10 pound shopping

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I refuse to pay for a bag. It’s absurd. The shops should cover the bag cost. The government need to sort this crap.
    No wonder no one uses the high street any more.
    If you refuse to pay for a bag, how do you take your shopping home?

I was in the Museum recently and a woman kicked up a fuss about the gift shop putting a book in plastic bag. After thinking on what the Museum tells us about the earth's past, she probably had a point.

I'm with AA on this.

I usually go on self serve and don't pay for the bag

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You'd be better off paying for the bag, but not the shopping.

If you spend 1.23. The 5p charge makes sense.
    If you spend £10 or more then the shop should give you the bag as a discount. It’s a stupid idea supported by the left leaning dolphin and whale hugging green climate change believers. Total bollocks the whole thing.
    Recycling. Don’t get me started on that. It all goes in landfill fact.
    ****ing moron

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Not so thinly veiled 'i'm a thief' post.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s good for the environment though and has been proven as such. I don’t think people have stopped using the high street because of 5p plastic bags either

If the shops covered the cost it would lose its intended purpose, it’s just there to stop 100s of bags being used when people could remember to bring them or if they don’t have their own the tiny charge makes them conscious of not using too many.

For me I can’t understand why it bothers anyone.
    You got the thrust of the policy in one .

Sometimes Goverments do come up with the right ideas , along with smoking in public indoor places, sugar tax ,driving whilst phoning , potential ban on energy drinks for children , its right we have rules or tight conditions , as folk simply won't deploy them on a voluntary basis .

I refuse to pay for a bag. It’s absurd. The shops should cover the bag cost. The government need to sort this crap.
    No wonder no one uses the high street any more.
    Haven't used bags for years. Always have a stock of "bags for life" in the car for when out shopping. Get you're money out you tight git.

If you spend 1.23. The 5p charge makes sense.
    If you spend £10 or more then the shop should give you the bag as a discount. It’s a stupid idea supported by the left leaning dolphin and whale hugging green climate change believers. Total bollocks the whole thing.
    Recycling. Don’t get me started on that. It all goes in landfill fact.
    Ah he's gone too far, definitely wind up. Shame, it was beautifully subtle before now

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I often think that very same thing when I read AlwaysAway2's posts. He's as mad as a box of frogs.
    He's the ccmb version of dril

If you do not bring your own bag then you should be charged a wack for a new one, having said that I sometimes forget to bring a bag so willingly pay for a new one, but what I do is I recycle any spare bags I have when I shop at Tesco, they have a container there in most stores for them. By the way I agree that AA is crackers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's the ccmb version of dril
    If he is it’s some of the best performance art I’ve ever seen

Some kids have been hanging around outside supermarkets selling bags for 2p, undercutting the shops. Maybe that's an idea for everyone post Brexit.

Alternatively, eat the bags after use, thus cutting out the entire process of them getting into the food chain.