+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending over 10 pound shopping

Spending over 10 pound shopping

I refuse to pay for a bag. It’s absurd. The shops should cover the bag cost. The government need to sort this crap.
    No wonder no one uses the high street any more.

Re: Spending over 10 pound shopping

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I refuse to pay for a bag. It’s absurd. The shops should cover the bag cost. The government need to sort this crap.
    It’s good for the environment though and has been proven as such. I don’t think people have stopped using the high street because of 5p plastic bags either

If the shops covered the cost it would lose its intended purpose, it’s just there to stop 100s of bags being used when people could remember to bring them or if they don’t have their own the tiny charge makes them conscious of not using too many.

For me I can’t understand why it bothers anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s good for the environment though and has been proven as such. I don’t think people have stopped using the high street because of 5p plastic bags either

If the shops covered the cost it would lose its intended purpose, it’s just there to stop 100s of bags being used when people could remember to bring them or if they don’t have their own the tiny charge makes them conscious of not using too many.

For me I can’t understand why it bothers anyone.
    I can't understand why anyone would think that cutting down the use of disposable items of any sort would be a bad idea. They don't stop you bringing your own bags in either - weird post...

I sometimes wonder if alwaysaway is on a very subtle wind up. Or if someone has made a bot that posts in the style of a perma offended daily express reader.

This is up there with the Daily Express gleefully explaining that you can BEAT THE 5P BAG CHARGE by taking your own bags, which was exactly the whole point of it in the first place

Going up to 10p in England possibly.

Can't say it effects me and I'd be surprised if it effects anyone negatively.

Instead I just have a collection of the more expensive reusables that I sometimes remember to put back in the car.

Absolutely a drop in the ocean though. One car journey to the shop in the first place wastes more energy and creates more pollution than a dozen plastic bags.

Every little I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would think that cutting down the use of disposable items of any sort would be a bad idea.
    Do you read many of AlwaysAway2's posts?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is up there with the Daily Express gleefully explaining that you can BEAT THE 5P BAG CHARGE by taking your own bags, which was exactly the whole point of it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you read many of AlwaysAway2's posts?
    I do, but to be fair I hadn't noticed this side of him before now as there are far worse posters on here making me wonder what world they live in...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I do, but to be fair I hadn't noticed this side of him before now as there are far worse posters on here making me wonder what world they live in...
    I often think that very same thing when I read AlwaysAway2's posts. He's as mad as a box of frogs.

I often think that very same thing when I read AlwaysAway2's posts. He's as mad as a box of frogs.
    I’m not mad at all. My home is full of plastic bags thick useful ones that I would never have bought if the shops had given me paper ones.

The solution which is obvious is to ban plastic bags totally. Not charge for them.
    Anyone see anything illogical about that.

First time I've agreed with you for a long time!
    I think AAway comes over from Jersey for the games. Great supporter so I guess we have to cut him some slack.

I think the shops should charge £5 for a bag. That way people would remember to bring a bag with them instead of just buying a new one every time they go shopping. I'm guilty of buying a new one every time I go shopping even though I've got 962 of them in my cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    First time I've agreed with you for a long time!
    I think AAway comes over from Jersey for the games. Great supporter so I guess we have to cut him some slack.
    Unless you count his carbon footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Unless you count his carbon footprint.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Lol
    The carbon footprint thing is brilliant 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s a great point but it’s a scheduled BA flight and it’s going whether I board or not.

Ban plastic bags or a a correct poster above has said charge £10 for them.

Ahh but that would hit the poor Eh Jeremy

As ever it’s the poorer people that suffer this.

The carbon footprint thing is brilliant 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s a great point but it’s a scheduled BA flight and it’s going whether I board or not.

Ban plastic bags or a a correct poster above has said charge £10 for them.

Ahh but that would hit the poor Eh Jeremy

As ever it’s the poorer people that suffer this.
    Exactly tax the rich.

Why do poor people suffer? Are they not capable of re-using bags?
    I say raise it to 50p

You don't need to pay anything for a bag. Just take your own
    I rarely leave home without a rucksack - hands-free whether i use it or not.

BTW What has "over ten pounds" got to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You don't need to pay anything for a bag. Just take your own
    I rarely leave home without a rucksack - hands-free whether i use it or not.

BTW What has "over ten pounds" got to do with anything?
    If you spend 1.23. The 5p charge makes sense.
    If you spend £10 or more then the shop should give you the bag as a discount. It’s a stupid idea supported by the left leaning dolphin and whale hugging green climate change believers. Total bollocks the whole thing.
    Recycling. Don’t get me started on that. It all goes in landfill fact.

If you spend 1.23. The 5p charge makes sense.
    If you spend £10 or more then the shop should give you the bag as a discount. It’s a stupid idea supported by the left leaning dolphin and whale hugging green climate change believers. Total bollocks the whole thing.
    Recycling. Don’t get me started on that. It all goes in landfill fact.
    Have you ever been analysed?

Not yet. I think.

Not yet. I think.
    As long as TLG thinks you're as mad as a box of frogs, you have hope. I think. Maybe......

Thanks. Been on the Gin. I like everyone here especially the ones that don’t get my attempted humour.
    Every post I have ever done is still here on the boss MM site.

I don’t think I have done a Boris or Ken Clarke (on meant to be offf mic. error yet)

I don’t want to be banned.
    Where’s the Tanqueray?

I'm fully behind the shops doing away with all plastic bags full stop. Give two years notice, and afterwards, sell them at a premium on the shopfloor, i.e 5 x '10p' bags for £5. People would soon remember them. They're a waste of resources, and as said, are bad for the environment.