+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How safe is it to chain a bike outside the ground?

How safe is it to chain a bike outside the ground?

I have to make a quick getaway on Sunday in order to attend a gig here in Taunton - and have been thinking about taking my pushbike in the back of my car, parking up and cycling the last leg in order for the return trip to be as quick as possible. Unfortunately, my best bike is the only one with quick-release doo-dahs on the front wheel......

Re: How safe is it to chain a bike outside the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have to make a quick getaway on Sunday in order to attend a gig here in Taunton - and have been thinking about taking my pushbike in the back of my car, parking up and cycling the last leg in order for the return trip to be as quick as possible. Unfortunately, my best bike is the only one with quick-release doo-dahs on the front wheel......
    Quick getaway? Depends if that idiot with the coffee bike is blocking/obstructing egress through the Ninian Park Memorial Gates again or if Sloper Road is completely blocked with cars with blue badges on double yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    Quick getaway? Depends if that idiot with the coffee bike is blocking/obstructing egress through the Ninian Park Memorial Gates again or if Sloper Road is completely blocked with cars with blue badges on double yellows.
    Thank you for your support. I'll always wear it

Don't take your expensive bike. Park up early. Go to 'Spoons and get a Boris Bike from the new rack outside for about 4 quid. If it gets nicked? Who cares?

I'd be worried about it being pinched if we were playing Liverpool

Depends on what she looks like and if Sludge is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Depends on what she looks like and if Sludge is about.
    Do you have to still chain her

Don't take your expensive bike. Park up early. Go to 'Spoons and get a Boris Bike from the new rack outside for about 4 quid. If it gets nicked? Who cares?
    There are Boris bike's outside the ground as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There are Boris bike's outside the ground as well.
    I would think there will be a few Coppers around so I'm not sure thieves would be best served nicking in the area.

Simple Minds will wait for you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    I would think there will be a few Coppers around so I'm not sure thieves would be best served nicking in the area.

Simple Minds will wait for you anyway!
    I am a man with a Simple Mind myself

What about parking at Fitzalan? £6/10 minute ish walk/easy access to Western Avenue/leave on 85 minutes/no worries over unscheduled bicycle recycling.

Aren't Boris bikes free to season ticket holders on match days?

How dare those cars with blue badges park legally . The cheek of it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do you have to still chain her
    Nothing wrong with a little S&M.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How dare those cars with blue badges park legally . The cheek of it.
    Nothing wrong when used legally by people deserving. But pi$$takers ‘borrowing badges’ is different, causing congestion and could cause panic in little kids.

And that pr!ck with boiling hot urns of water on Cardiff City land? I’d be concerned if I was Mehmet or Ken.

A few us lock bikes to the fence to the left just before the memorial gates. You can get away pretty quickly after by dodging the coffee man, the blue badge holders and pedestrians.
    It's quicker than walking!

Aren't Boris bikes free to season ticket holders on match days?

if you go on City website there's link to get Boris bike free if you're season tkt holder..

Just remember to unchain it before you ride off with the CCS dragging down Sloper Road!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What is the value of this bike, where exactly will you chain it up, and and at what time? Could you post a Google map reference so I can view the area, and then I will offer an opinion. Thanks.

PS how thick is the chain? Would standard wire cutters do the job, or would it need something more substantial?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Just remember to unchain it before you ride off with the CCS dragging down Sloper Road!
    lol

Watch you don’t get shot in the arse as your cycling away!