+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shooot !

Shooot !

I went on the pitch for the first time at ccs when we gained promotion against reading
    I remember saying to my mate from where I was standing on the pitch , don’t it look easy to score from here , I didn’t realise I was standing between the centre circle and the D of the penalty area The goals looked huge ,
    When I got to the edge of the penalty area it seemed to me that it would so easy to score from there
    Why don’t we shoot more , sometimes it seems like we want to walk the ball in the net or we overplay it

Just Shoot , that’s what I’d be saying to out players , ****in shoot
    City to win 2-1
    Two long range shots too

Re: Shooot !

Are you Vincent Tan in disguise?

Shoooooot!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post

Shoooooot!
    I reckon Etheridge can score from his own area if he would just shoot more

Was there a goalkeeper in goal when you were on the pitch? And 6-10 professional outfield players between you and the goal?

If not, there might be a flaw in your research. Although i do actually agree with the general idea, which is to lash it in from 35 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Was there a goalkeeper in goal when you were on the pitch? And 6-10 professional outfield players between you and the goal?

If not, there might be a flaw in your research. Although i do actually agree with the general idea, which is to lash it in from 35 yards.
    No , just thousands of other fans also on the pitch , and I still reckon I could have curled one In the top corner

Why don't you just play and just score all the goals?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Why don't you just play and just score all the goals?
    Why don’t the players just shoot , let them have the glory

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post

Shoooooot!
    We should score more goals from inside our own half.

Was this the first time you stood on a football pitch?

International

It depends what you thought you could curl on the corner

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Even though a parks pitch, for example, might be close enough to the same dimensions, that feeling of standing on a professional stadium pitch does tend to have something very different about it and those goals do seem bigger. With the cut grass and flat surface you feel you could hit the back of the net from the halfway line ... at least that was what was going through my mind until they handcuffed me off the pitch..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Even though a parks pitch, for example, might be close enough to the same dimensions, that feeling of standing on a professional stadium pitch does tend to have something very different about it and those goals do seem bigger. With the cut grass and flat surface you feel you could hit the back of the net from the halfway line ... at least that was what was going through my mind until they handcuffed me off the pitch..
    At least one of you agrees with me

Is that the first football pitch you’ve ever stood on? Cos they’re more or less all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I reckon Etheridge can score from his own area if he would just shoot more
    He's probably got as good a chance as any of our "strikers"...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Is that the first football pitch you’ve ever stood on? Cos they’re more or less all the same.
    Not sure park pitches are the same size are they

And there was you thinking that you were the only one

Obviously my point being when you’re actually on the pitch the goals look really big and the pitch looks smaller

Not sure park pitches are the same size are they
    There are minimum and maximum dimensions that all pitches must adhere to, otherwise it ceases to be football and becomes a kickabout.

I don't understand as it's so easy why haven't we banged em in , are we : blind ,stupid , scared, useless,can,t be bothered,sulking ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't understand as it's so easy why haven't we banged em in , are we : blind ,stupid , scared, useless,can,t be bothered,sulking ?
    Never said it was easy to score , just saying it looks easy when on the pitch , Tans right tho , shoot more then we have a better chance of scoring

Never said it was easy to score , just saying it looks easy when on the pitch , Tans right tho , shoot more then we have a better chance of scoring
    Great insight, mate. Do you reckon they should use their feet or their bums?

Great insight, mate. Do you reckon they should use their feet or their bums?

To fair, although he's had an absolute mare in the way he's presented his point I do actually agree with OP's sentiments. We rarely have a go from outside the box, Arter did against Newcastle and Hoilett did today but it's not something we seem to do which I think we might actually benefit from

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To fair, although he's had an absolute mare in the way he's presented his point I do actually agree with OP's sentiments. We rarely have a go from outside the box, Arter did against Newcastle and Hoilett did today but it's not something we seem to do which I think we might actually benefit from
    Ahh at last someone who gets the gist