+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christian Doidge FGR

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Christian Doidge FGR

Christian Doidge of Forest Green Rovers

Loaned to Bolton with a 7-figure permanent deal agreed in January window.

Prolific goalscorer where he comes from.

Interesting to see how he copes with the championship.

If successful then that's a plus for Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45375619

Re: Christian Doidge FGR

Wow I didn’t expect this. I’ve been writing about him in my Wales watch updates but didn’t think any Championship side was interested.

His record has been prolific in the lower leagues, here’s hoping he does well for Bolton.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Wow I didn’t expect this. I’ve been writing about him in my Wales watch updates but didn’t think any Championship side was interested.

His record has been prolific in the lower leagues, here’s hoping he does well for Bolton.
    I've tried to raise his profile on a few occasions in the past, but no-one seemed interested given that his goals were mainly in the 'conference' and league 2.

Let's hope that he does well for Bolton & Wales' sake and that Cardiff do not regret not making a move when they could have.

Bogle, it seems, was the preferred option at the time.

I’ve seen him play at FGR a few times and he does look a good player. Decent in the air, good feet and an eye for goal.

Interesting to see how he gets on at a higher level. He looks to have the attributes to do well.

Article on here not so long ago where he outlined that he still has Wales ambitions. 26 years old and playing in league 2 this seemed a long way away, he could be 7-8 good months off a squad place now.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Article on here not so long ago where he outlined that he still has Wales ambitions. 26 years old and playing in league 2 this seemed a long way away, he could be 7-8 good months off a squad place now.
    What a story that would be if he was called up, with Robson-Kanu retiring there is room for a striker of that ilk.

CardiffCitySince1927

I heard we were in for him a while ago...