+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone on here still buy a newspaper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Does anyone on here still buy a newspaper?

I buy a paper on Saturdays sometimes. Apart from enjoying the format, I find that with online media I apply my filters and only read what I'm already interested in, whereas in print I usually have a go at almost every article in the paper - and I believe that's good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    I buy a paper on Saturdays sometimes. Apart from enjoying the format, I find that with online media I apply my filters and only read what I'm already interested in, whereas in print I usually have a go at almost every article in the paper - and I believe that's good for me.
    Good shout. I buy a paper because I don't do social media or have a smart phone. Like you, i'll sift through a newspaper and come across stuff that I would never think of reading, more often than not, I learn something. I also like the physical aspect of reading a newspaper, and I have to walk to the shop and get it-may even speak to a couple of people along the way-Old fashioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good shout. I buy a paper because I don't do social media or have a smart phone. Like you, i'll sift through a newspaper and come across stuff that I would never think of reading, more often than not, I learn something. I also like the physical aspect of reading a newspaper, and I have to walk to the shop and get it-may even speak to a couple of people along the way-Old fashioned!
    Face-to-face conversation? it'll never catch on!