+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Full list of summer transfer moves for Welsh players

Full list of summer transfer moves for Welsh players

Re: Full list of summer transfer moves for Welsh players

I hadn't realised George Williams had gone to Forest Green. Hopefully he can work his way back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I hadn't realised George Williams had gone to Forest Green. Hopefully he can work his way back up again.
    Unfortunately he hasn’t really had any big impact that many expected him to. Still, it’s early days and I hope in the absence of Doidge he comes up with the goods.

I'd not noticed that Josh Yorwerth had signed for Peterborough - good for him.

I think this is a great article. It’s so difficult to know about Welsh qualified players. While the purist in me would love the whole squad to be Welsh-born, socio-economic reasons mean that is unlikely in the modern world. How many good young players are out there with Welsh roots? It’s so important that we sound them out, and I think that the work done by the FAW is underrated in this respect.

I see Gwion Edwards scored again today. Has he been part of the Welsh setup? As a small nation of 3-4 million people, without a competitive structure (like Scotland), we simply must find players under every stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I think this is a great article. It’s so difficult to know about Welsh qualified players. While the purist in me would love the whole squad to be Welsh-born, socio-economic reasons mean that is unlikely in the modern world. How many good young players are out there with Welsh roots? It’s so important that we sound them out, and I think that the work done by the FAW is underrated in this respect.

I see Gwion Edwards scored again today. Has he been part of the Welsh setup? As a small nation of 3-4 million people, without a competitive structure (like Scotland), we simply must find players under every stone.
    Gwion Edwards was called up under Coleman back in 2014 for the Cyprus/Bosnia games at home but never got on. He can't be that far away from the squad, he's already won man of the match 3 times for Ipswich this season I believe.

Cheers. I do follow Wales home and away but I’d never claim to know too much about the squad at large, or the youth squads either.