+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The support today

Re: The support today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems like a desperate effort to be "controversial" to me.
    100% this.

The only time I thought what’s happened to the atmosphere when Morrison missed the sitter in the 92nd and there seemed to be no reaction at all

Sounded amazing on TV. And was commented upon.

Was excellent today, the OP is talking rubbish

Ops had an absolute mare here. Chatting bare bubble bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    From Ward’s goal was something to be ashamed of, I know I’m going to get shot down for this but we did not get behind the team.
    I feel we could have roared Cardiff for a point or possibly more today.
    If we want to make CCS a fortress then something needs to change drastically because that was a joke.

Overall though, excellent performance and plenty of positives to take forward.
    Totally agree with you ,we dont really sustain the atmosphere as a group ,its been like that for a while ,and there where at least 5k of fans who are not interested in being that vocal, or even supporting us if we were not in the top league

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The only time I thought what’s happened to the atmosphere when Morrison missed the sitter in the 92nd and there seemed to be no reaction at all
    Same! I was sure I must have missed a flag or a whistle as nobody seemed bothered by it. Such a sitter with basically last tough of the game yet was greeted with silence.

Apart from that was really good from both sets of fans to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sounded amazing on TV. And was commented upon.
    Can be deceptive on tv depending on the level the crowd microphones are on

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    From Ward’s goal was something to be ashamed of, I know I’m going to get shot down for this but we did not get behind the team.
    I feel we could have roared Cardiff for a point or possibly more today.
    If we want to make CCS a fortress then something needs to change drastically because that was a joke.

Overall though, excellent performance and plenty of positives to take forward.
    It only takes one person to start a chant.

SuperBluebirds91

It must be a joke this post surely?

Men of Harlech was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I’m sure sky etc sanatise and dampen down the noise levels so that it’s just a generic noise. I’ve been abroad and seen matches were the atmosphere is a lot clearer and louder.

Again on the radio today they were commenting on the disaster that is AFC Londons ground and the appalling atmosphere there and made a comparison to our brilliant atmosphere and ground.

The commentators were in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The commentators were in the ground.

My point being that crowd noise is picked up by separate microphones to the commentators and then mixed. The crowd noise can be increased or reduced to a level so as not to be louder than the commentary. Small crowds can sound loud and larger crowds sound much smaller than they actually are.

My point being that crowd noise is picked up by separate microphones to the commentators and then mixed. The crowd noise can be increased or reduced to a level so as not to be louder than the commentary. Small crowds can sound loud and larger crowds sound much smaller than they actually are.
    I understand how microphones and sound mixing work. It's not like they add piped chanting to it. The point I'm making is that the commentators, who were present in the stadium mentioned that the atmosphere was good and the volume was high.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    On tv it came across as a great atmosphere
    The crowd was making a lot of noise on the channel I watched the game on. The commentators mentioned it several times and the rendering of Men of Harlech came across very well