+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My confidence level has increased a tad.

My confidence level has increased a tad.

Four games in our team has shown that it can compete and play very good football. Most players have shown that they can do a job and some even more. The team is improving, is learning.
    As long as they keep their heads up and we continue to give them the support they had on Sunday, we might be ok.

Re: My confidence level has increased a tad.

I think you're right. We all know the Prem is a different level to the Championship. Giving 'arguably' one of the world's best-known club a good game with the tiny budget we have is incredible.

Look at Newcastle and West Ham. They should be concerned more than us.

Yes City showed yesterday they can pass it around a bit and get in some decent crosses but how many teams will be as open as Arsenal? Burnley eg. That'll be a totally different game than yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Yes City showed yesterday they can pass it around a bit and get in some decent crosses but how many teams will be as open as Arsenal? Burnley eg. That'll be a totally different game than yesterday.
    I think the bigger teams we play will continue to be open like Arsenal were, particularly as we slip a little under the radar without any big name strikers.
    We proved yesterday we can score in that open play scenario, and we've already proven we can grind out clean sheets in closed games.
    A lot of work to be done but I'm much more optimistic about our survival chances after yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Exactly.

People love to get excited about games against the big teams, but these are basically cup ties good only for increasing confidence. It’s the games against Burnley that matter, not how plucky we were in losing against arsenal. I don’t care if we get battered by sides like that, as long as we pick up draws away and wins at home against the bottom half.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Exactly.

People love to get excited about games against the big teams, but these are basically cup ties good only for increasing confidence. It’s the games against Burnley that matter, not how plucky we were in losing against arsenal. I don’t care if we get battered by sides like that, as long as we pick up draws away and wins at home against the bottom half.
    At least we've shown we can play, though. We've had 4 games, and we're not outclassed. Arsenal were very open but we did actually create chances, hopefully now we've scored we've got the monkey off our backs and can kick on. Hopefully we can use these games to work things out at this level and then go into Burnley and Fulham etc with an idea of how to stop them scoring while being open enough to score ourselves. We're not another Derby, that's for certain. We're competing which I'm not sure many expected us to do.