+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So far the big decisions

So far the big decisions

Just thought I would give my perspective so far on how the big decisions are going.
    What I class as big decisions would be red cards/ penalties and disallowed goals or decisions which would have led to goals.

I am relying on what is shown on tv so can't admit to seeing it all.

Bournemouth
    For- 0
    Against - penalty (*wrong decision*For me it was harsh I don't feel like Manga made a challenge and instead was just getting close to his player)

Points- the penalty was saved so had no impact 0

Newcastle
    For + sending off (correct decision went straight through back and was dangerous)
    ( I know there was a lot made of Arters challenge but for me it was a trip and yellow card was correct decisions)

Against
    - Kennedy red card
    - Penalty ( For me when a defender slides in to block anything at momentum or to tackle their arms go up- so I personally wouldn't expect to see many handballs given at all as feel they need to be deliberate or in an unatural position)

Again penalty was saved . However I think we would have been in a much better position to win the game playing 10 men in both halves. -2

Huddersfield
    For
    + red card ( although it was just a push there was a considerable amount of force behind it so think decision was correct)
    Against
    None

Points - 0

Arsenal
    For - none
    Against - Penalty on Morrison (he was being fouled in the second half by Papastathopoulos)

Potentially 1 - although we would have had to score and still hold on

I think our problem this season's especially penalties is that most of our play in the opponents box is from set pieces where the referee has to watch about 7 incidents all at the same time.

We are a good team from them so are more likely to have teams trying things to stop us not within the rules. Where as I feel our players trust their own ability at defending them so stay within the rules rather than run the risk ( apart from Gunarsson who takes massive risks in marking)

Re: So far the big decisions

I reckon the Huddersfield sending off arguably won us a point and prevented us losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon the Huddersfield sending off arguably won us a point and prevented us losing.
    Probably not clear by what I mean is if a wrong decision probably cost us points so in that case I would say there was no wrong decision

For me, Arter should have received a red card against Newcastle.

The Morrison penalty against Newcastle was nailed on

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The Morrison penalty against Newcastle was nailed on
    Handball has to be deliberate or putting the arm in an unatural position.

Did he deliberately handle it? No
    Was his arm in an unatural position? In my opinion no-one when look at most slide tackles the arm goes up now I know it was a block but the concept is the same

Morrison's hand was up, so it might have been harsh but they're going to get given all day long now. We'd be asking for it.

Morrison has certainly been fouled in the box at times as well but the incident you're referring to, not for me. That would have been extremely soft.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Was his arm in an unatural position? In my opinion no-one when look at most slide tackles the arm goes up now I know it was a block but the concept is the same
    Instances of true deliberate handball are very rare, the Morrison incident was a definite penalty and Arter was a red card in that game. Overall I think the officials have been quite fair to us, though I struggle to understand how Morrison wasn't given a penalty yesterday, clearly pulled down

It was a penalty - Neither Warnock nor Morrison complained

We will get decisions go against us this season - especially if we are camped in our box - that was not one of them

It was nailed on his arm was straight up in the air and blocked a decent cross.

Morrison was definitely fouled yesterday, should have been a penalty

Then Sokratis starts going round high fiving his teammates after clearing he ball as if he defended legally

You must be high if you didn’t think Morrison’s hand ball wasn’t a pelanty

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You must be high if you didn’t think Morrison’s hand ball wasn’t a pelanty
    Was it deliberate?

Was it in an unatural position? ( if you believe it was watch a video of players sliding and see how many have their arms in the air?)

If both are no then it shouldn't be handball