+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So where do the other 900-1000 sit ?

So where do the other 900-1000 sit ?

Ground sold out, very little segregation yet the attendance was still well under capacity. How ?

Re: So where do the other 900-1000 sit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ground sold out, very little segregation yet the attendance was still well under capacity. How ?
    I thought that too...

There was a block of free seats between Cardiff and Arsenal fans which would account for quite a few.

In the grange end there didn’t seem to be a single seat of segregation between the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    There was a block of free seats between Cardiff and Arsenal fans which would account for quite a few.
    yup. there's two thin sections of seating close to the away section, not sure if both were empty, One section definitely was.

The segregation between the Arsenal fans and the Ninian stand was about 5/600?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    In the grange end there didn’t seem to be a single seat of segregation between the fans.
    That usually happens when you're in with your own fans

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The segregation between the Arsenal fans and the Ninian stand was about 5/600?
    Cheers. Couldn’t see that from where I was.

I’d guess no more than 2-3 rows at the other end, which would be maybe 100 ?

There was also a few seats empty, maybe 20, adjacent to the directors' box area.

Plus, something that really grips me, the press boxes installed for this year must take up at least 100 seats. It was the same in the Euros, where the press in the England game seemed to take up a quarter of one side! And I bet they don't pay.

The empty seats around me in the Canton were down to people standing with their mates. In one row there were 6 in the space for 4.

Yes I’d say, and say a hundred corporate seats / press areas