+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car park at the ground.

Car park at the ground.

Will you they let you out of the ground if you leave early ? Noticed they had bollards up at final whistle , need to make a quick exit for the Man City game.

SuperBluebirds91

Re: Car park at the ground.

We park in the stadium and its Always a good 1/2 horror more until we get out (sometimes an hour). I think they shut the Carpark around the final whistle but it maybe a few mins before. If we leave on 83 and walk briskly to the car, we always get out straight away without having to wait. I wouldn’t want to leave it much after that time if you want to be let out straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    We park in the stadium and its Always a good 1/2 horror more until we get out (sometimes an hour). I think they shut the Carpark around the final whistle but it maybe a few mins before. If we leave on 83 and walk briskly to the car, we always get out straight away without having to wait. I wouldn’t want to leave it much after that time if you want to be let out straight away.
    Do you leave a cinema 5 minutes before the end of a film - I don't have a problem with people leaving early its a free world and their choice especially if you have to be somewhere but I notice its always the same people who leave early around by me so they are always short changing themselves.

I used to park in Cost Co - I now park in Canton again as I get home a lot quicker by parking away from the stadium

Some of the best moments in football are last minute equalisers/winners

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Do you leave a cinema 5 minutes before the end of a film - I don't have a problem with people leaving early its a free world and their choice especially if you have to be somewhere but I notice its always the same people who leave early around by me so they are always short changing themselves.

I used to park in Cost Co - I now park in Canton again as I get home a lot quicker by parking away from the stadium

I regularly leave the cinema before the end but not the football.
    "Ready Player One" I was gone at "half-time"!

Not at all. I find it strange when people leave. However when I have a 12 hour night shift starting at 6pm 25 miles away it is a necessity to leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Ready Player One is an awesome movie!

It was bloody horrendous getting out of Hadfield Road yesterday. I think I'll stop driving up this year and pay the exorbitant train fare.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It was bloody horrendous getting out of Hadfield Road yesterday. I think I'll stop driving up this year and pay the exorbitant train fare.
    its about 40 mins to get out of the official car park not too bad. Where you coming from Bill ? theres a bus service that takes you straight to the ground. Zeelo. Might not be running from your area though.

I always park near Victoria Park. 20- 25 minute walk to the ground and never any traffic problems. Never understood the mindset in trying to park as close to the stadium as possible.
    If I were you Fine Lines I'd do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I saw ready player one on a plane last week, I really enjoyed it.
    Kids movie, but was good fun.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

No, however when leaving the cinema you wouldn’t expect to be held back for 20-30 mins. The trouble is it’s not just 20-30 mins. They keep us in the stadium and then every other person can go who has parked in car parks near by. When you then get to the main road to pull out of the stadium, it’s full of traffic because every other person by then has got back to their car a mile away and is by the stadium then. That will then delay you further. I’ve waited over an hour before from car to exit. My friends parked in the car park opposite the stadium once and they got back to my house 25 mins before me even though they had 1/2 mile further to walk than me as they had parked right behind the atheletics stadium stand. They were at the back of the Carpark. We have to get home for certain reasons and can’t be out too long. We are talking basically the difference of getting home by 17.05 if leaving 10 mins early or after 18pm leaving at the full time whistle. I get that the pedestrian safety is paramount and you don’t want cars flying around everywhere but that’s why you have crossings etc. If they let cars go out normally, many would be gone by the time you had the bulk of pedestrians out in the Carpark anyway. It actually makes people more irate and likely to run someone over because people get wound up having been kept behind. I agree, staying to the full time whistle would be amazing if they could somehow let us drive out and not be kept behind at full time. I agree safety must come first and would hate for any accidents there. Don’t really know what else to suggest really. A proper walkway?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Ready Player One is an awesome movie!
    Awesome only in it's awfulness IMHO!

why is that only one exit is used. I take it that the powers to be have given thought to using the others but decided against it.

I park in Clive Road; stayed to the end and was home just before 16.00 - in time to pour a beer, apply some aftersun and settle down for the Watford/Spurs game.

I noticed the Fitzalan School Mafia were charging £8 yesterday - pretty sure it was £6 for the Newcastle game.

But will they let me escape if I leave 15 mins before then end ? Or will I be stuck behind a traffic cone waiting for the steward to let me go ?

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    But will they let me escape if I leave 15 mins before then end ? Or will I be stuck behind a traffic cone waiting for the steward to let me go ?
    Yes. Well I’ve never had a problem before. They cones are put across roughly around the 90 min - full time mark. If you leave on 75-80 mins you’ll be fine. Unless they’ve changed the rules but we’ve been doing this on and off for years. My partner did it at the Newcastle game and got out fine, no traffic or traffic cones across. Left on 80 mins. Don’t hang around though, if you can get back to your car promptly and drive off immediately you’ll be fine.

Yes. Well I’ve never had a problem before. They cones are put across roughly around the 90 min - full time mark. If you leave on 75-80 mins you’ll be fine. Unless they’ve changed the rules but we’ve been doing this on and off for years. My partner did it at the Newcastle game and got out fine, no traffic or traffic cones across. Left on 80 mins. Don’t hang around though, if you can get back to your car promptly and drive off immediately you’ll be fine.
    75 minutes?

Great. Thanks for the info.

It’s the Cardiff Centre bus that drives me mad...

Why doesn’t it park up before the roundabout so it doesn’t block one of the lanes exiting the car park.

A simple fix nobody at the club could think of....

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post

Why doesn’t it park up before the roundabout so it doesn’t block one of the lanes exiting the car park.

That’s a good idea actually. Do the police let people out or is it governed by the lights.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post

Completely agree and have bought this up in a post before. It’s like we just get let out of the stadium Carpark and then suddenly there’s a bus blocking a whole lane. Madness! If it picked up on the road on the way into the stadium it would be problem solved as you said above. I dread to think what they would do if they had to get an ambulance out of there right at that moment or unless they could use the other exit!