+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young kid in Ninian with Da wearing an Arsenal shirt

Young kid in Ninian with Da wearing an Arsenal shirt

I was told steward had to radio for advice about whether to admit the lad (who was about nine).

As a guy said, he could remember when fans wearing opposing colours mingled freely at Ninian Park.

Hate to think what will happen when Man U come to town.

Re: Young kid in Ninian with Da wearing an Arsenal shirt

Was it dml1954?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I was told steward had to radio for advice about whether to admit the lad (who was about nine).

As a guy said, he could remember when fans wearing opposing colours mingled freely at Ninian Park.

Hate to think what will happen when Man U come to town.
    I despair. It's a football game, not bloody war!

Little shit should be given a slap. Can't be doing things like that, it's not rugby. Bloody disgrace, footballs gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I despair. It's a football game, not bloody war!
    To be fair the blokes around me unfastened their bayonets when the Da made an impassioned appeal to their better natures.

Used to see the odd away fan at almost every game in the family stand. Never an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHindsight View Post
    Little shit should be given a slap. Can't be doing things like that, it's not rugby. Bloody disgrace, footballs gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Used to see the odd away fan at almost every game in the family stand. Never an issue.
    But how odd?

Assuming he was local - why would you take your 9 year old with an arsenal top on to the game. Surely he knew the kid may get some abuse which would devastate him no good.
    It’s almost child cruelty

Yeah football is gone not giving 9 years olds a slap

Couldn’t he just support Cardiff City instead? I think the only issue I would have is that.....

... it’s the HOME end. If you want to watch arsenal, do it on tv or get a ticket to the away end. That ticket is supposed to be for a child with a Cardiff City shirt on isn’t it?

I know there are bigger issues in the world and so what if it’s just one or two kids but I do feel it’s a bit cheeky. Just how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Assuming he was local - why would you take your 9 year old with an arsenal top on to the game. Surely he knew the kid may get some abuse which would devastate him no good.
    It’s almost child cruelty
    🤣🤣. The kid deserves all the shit he gets not supporting his home club.

Should have been marched to the club shop shirt taken off ,burnt in front of him, and a City red one given over to him,his parents need to be educated

I was more annoyed by all the old red shirts from our last season in the Prem.

Did anyone see the Arsenal prat in a 3/4 length Gucci coat with a Dragon on the back, well worth the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You are spot on mate. Back in our day we'd leather the little git and get him down the mine for the weekend. Now they get to come in the home end, have a burger and a drink.

You are spot on mate. Back in our day we'd leather the little git and get him down the mine for the weekend. Now they get to come in the home end, have a burger and a drink.
    Dont take no notice of CB. Hes the resident snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont take no notice of CB. Hes the resident snowflake.
    Here's someone I'm not surprised has form for abusing kids

Here's someone I'm not surprised has form for abusing kids
    If you say so, Snowy.

We lost because of a kid in an Arsenal top using my magic urinal before kick off. I had to use a different one.

Remember all the trouble at Wembley when the scousers were in the Cardiff end? there was fathers with their young kids in there in Liverpool scarves getting dogs abuse, what the feck were they thinking putting their kids at risk like that.

think you`re all missing the point, what shirt will the nipper wear for the next home game.

He may be a 9 year old (and therefore obvious answer, last I mention him) but there were no doubts a number of adult Arsenal fans and it will be much worse when Liverpool or Man United come to town. Should the adults be ejected if vocal or visible?

I have to say there was absolutely no bother around me about the boy. He and his father were only visiting the spot at half-time and the mature attitude of everyone around me (while laughing about it) was that fans of opposing teams should get on with one another, albeit with some good-natured banter.

Newcastle fan in the Ninian was asked to leave at our last game. So what has changed ?

Fair enough to go to the game, but why wear the top ? To me that is disrespectful and although it would be wrong for anyone to abuse them or worse, it is like a red rag to a bull for some and totally unnecessary.

I saw a young lad in the queue with a badly hidden Arsenal shirt on and pointed him to the away end.

He just shrugged and mumbled, so I guess his ticket was for the home end

I left it up to the stewards to decide if he got in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Newcastle fan in the Ninian was asked to leave at our last game. So what has changed ?

Fair enough to go to the game, but why wear the top ? To me that is disrespectful and although it would be wrong for anyone to abuse them or worse, it is like a red rag to a bull for some and totally unnecessa ry.

I saw a young lad in the queue with a badly hidden Arsenal shirt on and pointed him to the away end.

He just shrugged and mumbled, so I guess his ticket was for the home end

I left it up to the stewards to decide if he got in or not.
    I agree with this, though wish it wasn't the case. Having said that, it was quite satisfying watching a few Liverpool fans being ejected from the ground after being deliberately provocative in our end during the Carling Cup Final. If you can behave then fine, but many can't.