+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Young kid in Ninian with Da wearing an Arsenal shirt

Re: Young kid in Ninian with Da wearing an Arsenal shirt

In an ideal world there should be no segregation. If he wants to wear an Arsenal top, so what.?

His money is as good for the club as mine. He is probably a season ticket holder and if not our fans should have sold out of season tickets to avoid Premier League floaters.

Last year our average crowd was just over 20k, so where do you think the other 12,000 come from?

Most children have several clubs they like, Premier, Spanish, Scottish. When I was a young child I watched Cardiff but also supported Liverpool and all the home nations as they had some of my favourite players playing, at that age I never understood football rivalry.

It’s just common sense to be incognito when mixing with home fans, whether in the ground, in a pub near the ground etc. While we’d love to think ‘those days’ are gone why run the risk of bumping into the local knuckledraggers, there are still a few about and as for putting your young lad in the potential firing line I despair.

If I had a 9 year old old lad at the game and knew a bit a bit about fans, I'd try protect him, and ensure he was not subjected to a single word of banter, or overreaction from any over juiced fruit loops ,one has to take responsibility for ones actions, as a parent, I'm sure the lads parent just got it naively wrong on the day though?

My missus was watching something the other day with that butch looking bird off BBC breakfast tv about saving money. It was a family from near Cardiff and the bloke and his son (about 9 or 10) were Arsenal fans. He spent a frigging fortune on shirts every year for the pair of them. Wonder if it was them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Assuming he was local - why would you take your 9 year old with an arsenal top on to the game. Surely he knew the kid may get some abuse which would devastate him no good.
    It’s almost child cruelty
    An adult giving abuse to a 9 year old would get a slap from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    My missus was watching something the other day with that butch looking bird off BBC breakfast tv about saving money. It was a family from near Cardiff and the bloke and his son (about 9 or 10) were Arsenal fans. He spent a frigging fortune on shirts every year for the pair of them. Wonder if it was them.
    Has she gone a bit experimental?

It seems to me like there are two discussions going on. Segregation and ticket allocation.

I’d be perfectly happy to have the 3k Arsenal fans sitting whetever they want.

Totally unfair however for home tickets to be up for grabs to whoever wants them. I’d prefer to have a “City fan” that’s been to 5 games in the last ten seasons than to have an opposition fan in the home end. If you’re anywhere on the database you should get priority.

If you are wearing an away shirt you shouldn’t be allowed in. Rules are rules.

The fact it was kid muddies the water somewhat. Nobody wants to be mean to a child. I wouldn’t begrudge anyone having a quiet word with the mam or dad of the kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It seems to me like there are two discussions going on. Segregation and ticket allocation.

I’d be perfectly happy to have the 3k Arsenal fans sitting whetever they want.

Totally unfair however for home tickets to be up for grabs to whoever wants them. I’d prefer to have a “City fan” that’s been to 5 games in the last ten seasons than to have an opposition fan in the home end. If you’re anywhere on the database you should get priority.

If you are wearing an away shirt you shouldn’t be allowed in. Rules are rules.

The fact it was kid muddies the water somewhat. Nobody wants to be mean to a child. I wouldn’t begrudge anyone having a quiet word with the mam or dad of the kid though.
    The fact it is a kid makes it totally acceptable, no grey areas here. Hopefully he'll grow up to want to follow his local club once he sees that it's more fun to feel part of the support rather than be excluded.