+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unforced errors

Unforced errors

Good performance yesterday, lots to be positive about. One thing we need to cut out though is unforced errors when we're attacking. Several times against Huddersfield and Newcastle we had a decent chance to cross it in and it went straight out of play, and again yesterday, notably the free kick just before the final whistle.

It's going to be a scrap for every point this season and, step up in class or not, there's no reason to balls up a dead ball situation.

Rest assured I will also be putting my feelings in writing in a letter to Neil Warnock as well.

Re: Unforced errors

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Good performance yesterday, lots to be positive about. One thing we need to cut out though is unforced errors when we're attacking. Several times against Huddersfield and Newcastle we had a decent chance to cross it in and it went straight out of play, and again yesterday, notably the free kick just before the final whistle.

It's going to be a scrap for every point this season and, step up in class or not, there's no reason to balls up a dead ball situation.

Rest assured I will also be putting my feelings in writing in a letter to Neil Warnock as well.
    Suggestion for letter - get Whitts down there to give Rallsie a bit of coaching.

It would be nice to have an attempt at goal from a free kick rather than the usual chip into Morrison.
    I'm sure that if we shot directly from the free kick at the end of the game we may have scored

It wasn't that well executed but I thought that free kick at the end almost came off. But too much on it but Morrison (I think it was) almost got on the end of it.
    Maybe at that stage of the game a direct shot would have been better but it was a decent idea.

Final ball is definitely lacking this season.

I thought we put some decent balls in the box but just don't have the intelligent player to anticipate the ball

Over the four games though. An especially from set pieces, which is meant to be our strength.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Over the four games though. An especially from set pieces, which is meant to be our strength.
    Marking and defending them in the top flight is going to be better than in the Championship.