+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: A new Queen to rule over us?

  1. #1

    A new Queen to rule over us?

    Angela Merkel should become the president of the European Commission

    She has the weight, the authority, the proven government record, international reputation and status, and more political experience and skills than all of today’s European politicians put together

    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8520301.html

  2. #2

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Angela Merkel should become the president of the European Commission

    She has the weight, the authority, the proven government record, international reputation and status, and more political experience and skills than all of today’s European politicians put together

    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8520301.html
    She's been doing that by proxy for years.

  3. #3

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    We are getting out at the right time. Was only a question of when they would try to take over Europe again.

  4. #4

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    It will be at best BINO (Brexit in name only) as the vast majority of the political class oppose an EU exit.

  5. #5

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We are getting out at the right time. Was only a question of when they would try to take over Europe again.
    What you mean again , it was always in control after the war when all the occupiers funded its regeneration,we may have win a war , but we paid financially for it , and Germany has prospered since .

  6. #6

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Our current one is half German so little difference, really.

  7. #7

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Our current one is half German so little difference, really.
    East or West?

  8. #8

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Lady Ga Ga is up for it as well

  9. #9

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What you mean again , it was always in control after the war when all the occupiers funded its regeneration,we may have win a war , but we paid financially for it , and Germany has prospered since .
    Um, have you seen the increase in prosperity in the UK since joining Europe? We were a poor relation at the time

  10. #10

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Um, have you seen the increase in prosperity in the UK since joining Europe? We were a poor relation at the time
    Yes its been mentioned a number of times and not all businesses are wanting to stay in , perhaps we could see this become a great decision in years to come, were entering the great unknown . I wonder deep down if Europe worries we would slash business taxes ,provide better grants , reduce bureaucracy to attract and entice away for Europe,we have always traded and had huge influence across the globe ?

  11. #11

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Um, have you seen the increase in prosperity in the UK since joining Europe? We were a poor relation at the time
    China and India have done OK outside of the EU during the same time period, in fact, they have outperformed us so you could argue that being inside the EU is holding us back!

  12. #12

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    China and India have done OK outside of the EU during the same time period, in fact, they have outperformed us so you could argue that being inside the EU is holding us back!
    You could argue that if you were a complete idiot.

  13. #13

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You could argue that if you were a complete idiot.
    Well sorry to disappoint, but the EU isn't the be all and end all, our standards have been declining for a number of years. I say it's time to join a new club, and forget about the failing socialist utopian experiment.

  14. #14

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes its been mentioned a number of times and not all businesses are wanting to stay in , perhaps we could see this become a great decision in years to come, were entering the great unknown . I wonder deep down if Europe worries we would slash business taxes ,provide better grants , reduce bureaucracy to attract and entice away for Europe,we have always traded and had huge influence across the globe ?
    The right of the tory party think that this is the way Britain will be successful, as they are fanatical about having a small state and letting markets operate free from influence.
    When the likes of Rees-Mogg promised prosperity after Brexit, they didn't mention that they saw that coming about through a more extreme version of thatcherism. I wonder how many of the leave voters in workig class areas realised that this was the vision they were voting for, as historically they don't do so well under that ideology.

  15. #15

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well sorry to disappoint, but the EU isn't the be all and end all, our standards have been declining for a number of years. I say it's time to join a new club, and forget about the failing socialist utopian experiment.
    Are you trying to say that your statement that China and India have seen bigger growth trhan the UK because the UK has been in the EU isn't a completely idiotic statement?

  16. #16

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Are you trying to say that your statement that China and India have seen bigger growth trhan the UK because the UK has been in the EU isn't a completely idiotic statement?
    Now that you mention it, free trade does seem to be the best way forward!

  17. #17

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Now that you mention it, free trade does seem to be the best way forward!
    In what way does it?

  18. #18

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In what way does it?
    More trade, more business, more money for everyone.

  19. #19

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The right of the tory party think that this is the way Britain will be successful, as they are fanatical about having a small state and letting markets operate free from influence.
    When the likes of Rees-Mogg promised prosperity after Brexit, they didn't mention that they saw that coming about through a more extreme version of thatcherism. I wonder how many of the leave voters in workig class areas realised that this was the vision they were voting for, as historically they don't do so well under that ideology.
    Yes the irony of Brexit ,Labour voters pitching in with right wing agenda's , priceless.

  20. #20

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes the irony of Brexit ,Labour voters pitching in with right wing agenda's , priceless.
    Obviously the Tories won't be in power forever, they can be voted out, unlike the other lot in Brussels.

  21. #21

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Obviously the Tories won't be in power forever, they can be voted out, unlike the other lot in Brussels.
    A no deal brexit, followed by a dismantling of the state, selling off of the NHS etc isn't all reversible a couple of years later

  22. #22

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    A no deal brexit, followed by a dismantling of the state, selling off of the NHS etc isn't all reversible a couple of years later
    So you reckon the Tories have a cunning plan to turn us into North Korea, and the people of Britain are going to go along with it? Fooking 'ell mate, this is your best one yet

  23. #23

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So you reckon the Tories have a cunning plan to turn us into North Korea, and the people of Britain are going to go along with it? Fooking 'ell mate, this is your best one yet
    Not sure where you're getting that from. The tories have a plan for a more severe form of thatcherism or free marketism. North Korea is about as far from that as it is possible to get.
    Are you for real?

  24. #24

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not sure where you're getting that from. The tories have a plan for a more severe form of thatcherism or free marketism. North Korea is about as far from that as it is possible to get.
    Are you for real?
    They really would have to dismantle the state to get away with that, and then annoint a supreme leader in it's place, a British version of Kim Jong Un ... Boris Wrong Un perhaps?

  25. #25

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They really would have to dismantle the state to get away with that, and then annoint a supreme leader in it's place, a British version of Kim Jong Un ... Boris Wrong Un perhaps?
    by dismantle the state I meant reduce the size and scope of the things that are run by government. Privatisation, less market intervention that sort of thing, basically side 1 track 1 of Rees moggs post brexit playlist.
    Somehow you've interpreted that as meaning that I think they are going to install a dictator?

  26. #26

    Re: A new Queen to rule over us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    by dismantle the state I meant reduce the size and scope of the things that are run by government. Privatisation, less market intervention that sort of thing, basically side 1 track 1 of Rees moggs post brexit playlist.
    Somehow you've interpreted that as meaning that I think they are going to install a dictator?
    Only with the support of the electrate. If you add together all the remainers and the brexiteers who like the NHS, they don't stand a chance. Now please stop trying to frighten everybody with your hypothetical doom and gloom. It took Trump 5 minutes to get rid of Obamacare, and it will take the Democrats 5 minutes to bring it back if they ever get into power again. Political parties present their manifestos, we vote, civil servants implement our wishes. That's how it works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •